F40 and Enzo owner in Japan | FerrariChat

F40 and Enzo owner in Japan

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by ferrari_kid, Mar 14, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ferrari_kid

ferrari_kid Formula Junior

Jul 5, 2003
    Did anyone have a PDF format article about a car collector in Japan? I thought I saw it on this board somewhere, and after searching for a bit I couldn't find anything. I believe he had a fairly large collection. He has an Enzo, F40, Jag Type S R, and a few more. Does anyone know what magazine it was published in? Maybe if they still had the PDF file? I was just curious as to who the owner was and his cars. Any help at all would be appreciated, thanks.

2. Edo

Edo Rookie

Jan 15, 2004
    Japan
    Full Name:
    Edward
  3. ferrari_kid

Jul 5, 2003
    Actually i believe the owners name was Nonaka. But now that I think about it the article was probably about Matsuda. I'll try and get more info on this other Enzo owner to update the Enzo registry we have going.

4. urraco

urraco Formula Junior

Feb 18, 2004
    Mexiko
    Full Name:
    Nitram
    in issue # 50 of Forza there's a letter of a Japanese gentleman named Junichiro Hiramatsu whose own garage displays a F40,F50 & Enzo all 3 in red.

5. judge4re

judge4re F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2003
    Never home
    Full Name:
    Dr. Dumb Ass
    Most of the Japanese collectors who bought Enzo's have either F50's, F40's or 288 GTO's. These guys go pretty overboard in their collecting habits.

6. ferrari_kid

Jul 5, 2003
    From what I hear about this owner he doesn't even drive his Enzo. He keeps it locked up in a glass case. It's pretty sad actually. I wonder if he's ever really heard that beautiful engine at the peak of its powerband.

7. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J
    Coolest collection I have ever seen, has all the historically significant cars.

8. Andrew

Andrew Karting

Feb 26, 2002
    Tokyo, Japan
    Unless you have seen it in a glass case (which I'm sure isn't true) I wouldn't assume this. I have personally seen a Yellow Enzo being driven on the street in Ochanomizu (a district in Tokyo) and I have seen a red Enzo parked in the open in Aoyama (another district in Tokyo).

Japanese love to drive their cars and Ferrari is no exception for storing them, they also get driven. If you search the internet you'll find a group of guys that like to compare these cars on the track all the time, you'll know what video I'm talking about because of the excited Japanese voice on each video giving the play by play of the race.

9. urraco

urraco Formula Junior

Feb 18, 2004
    Mexiko
    Full Name:
    Nitram
    What I like the most about Matsuda is the fact that he has F40,F50 & Enzo in 3 different colors just like I do. (in scale 1:18 of course) and also a Silver 288 GTO among other 18 F- models.

10. tako

tako Rookie

Nov 4, 2003
    I know at least 4 people who drives ENZO around in Japan....

11. SefacHotRodder

SefacHotRodder F1 World Champ

Dec 20, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris
    is it matsuda who owns the white mclaren f1? If not, does he own an LM and GT. There is a collector in japan who has them (LM and GT McLaren F1's btw)

12. Andrew

Andrew Karting

Feb 26, 2002
    Tokyo, Japan
    No Matsuda does not have a McLaren to my knowledge, at least not that I saw. Mostly Ferraris, a few Porsches, a very old MB and I think that is it.

Tako,
    Are you going to the October event in Tokyo? If so email or send me a private message and perhaps we can get together. A friend of a friend is putting it together, it's a small world so maybe you know them.

13. SefacHotRodder

Dec 20, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris
    ok. the reason i ask is because in some pics of the gt a yellow f50 is visible

14. SefacHotRodder

Dec 20, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris
  15. F40

F40 F1 Rookie

Apr 16, 2003
    AZ
    Along with a Daytona and an F40.

16. SefacHotRodder

Dec 20, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris
    ??

Matsuda has a yellow F50, it was a long shot

17. Jakillo

Jakillo Karting

May 29, 2004
    Boston
    Full Name:
    Jason Toms
    I have touched a McLaren f1 LM that was covered up in the back of racing shop. It was incredible.... The guy owns 2 other cars, silver roadcar which has not been titled making it the last new mclaren f1 and a black roadcar which he frequently drives!

18. Andrew

Andrew Karting

Feb 26, 2002
    Tokyo, Japan
  19. SefacHotRodder

Dec 20, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I hope to meet Mr. Selldorff one day

20. SefacHotRodder

Dec 20, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris
  21. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    He is a very nice guy. Very unassuming. You would never know.

--Dan