F-Chat Problems??? | FerrariChat

F-Chat Problems???

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by robertgarven, Jun 25, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. robertgarven

robertgarven F1 Veteran
    Owner

Feb 24, 2002
    Ventura, California
    Full Name:
    Robert Garven
    Is there some new f-caht software, since yesterday i can not post photos and the format is different???????

2. Jdubbya

Jdubbya The $10 Trillion Man
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    Seems to be working just fine for me.

3. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Still problems Robert?

Everything seems to be working fine to me. Switch computers or settings?

4. robertgarven

robertgarven F1 Veteran
    Owner

Feb 24, 2002
    Ventura, California
    Full Name:
    Robert Garven
    I still cant post attachments, When i click on the button nothing happen anymore?? but I am trying to check my system I am a MAC guy.

5. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    OK, see my email. Brian is having a few weird things happen from his Mac too. Is it just since the last upgrade two weeks ago? Have you tried rebooting or from another computer. I know it's just related to your computer as most users aren't having problems, but I would like to see what browser combos on the Mac are having issues. Thanks.

6. 410SA

410SA F1 Veteran

Nov 2, 2003
    West Coast
    Full Name:
    A
    I have a Mac and I can't seem to find the place in "edit profile" where I can change my picture. Is it a Mac problem, or maybe it's a new "paid subscriber" issue?

7. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    I think that's the exact same Mac problem Brian was having. See if you can get there from this hard link...

http://ferrarichat.com/forum/usercp.php?

8. 410SA

410SA F1 Veteran

Nov 2, 2003
    West Coast
    Full Name:
    A
    thanks for the link Rob. I can get into the edit profile page via the "Private Messages" link, but once there I cannot find the profile picture image window. It's been a while since I changed my profile pic and I can't remember where to go

9. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    The Edit Profile Pic link isn't on the 'edit profile' page itself, but a link underneath Edit Profile on the sidebar on the Private Messages page.

I've been using Safari for Fchat since last fall with no difficulties to report.

10. SupercarGuru

SupercarGuru F1 Rookie
    Sponsor

Dec 14, 2003
    Fl
    Full Name:
    John Temerian
    If all that doesnt work....just go buy a new PC something with a microsoft operating system....lol... i dont know how you can go without ferrarichat!! : )

(bad joke)

-jt

11. ryalex

Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    HCCCCCCCCCCCCCHH!! (hissing noise, fingers crossed)

Wash thy mouth with soap, thou speaker of blasphemy ;)

12. cohiba_man

cohiba_man Formula Junior

Jan 23, 2003
    Canada
    Full Name:
    John
    There was a glitch earlier while I was posting my biggest post here ever, I typed it all out, took about 20 minutes, it was a contest in the business forum, but it messed up when I pressed post.

13. TigerAce

TigerAce Formula 3

May 29, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Yoshi Ace
    I use Mac w/ F-chat, so I didn't know I could use "User Option" to do things. I have always been clicking "Private Messages" to get to Control Panel. Control Panel seems to have all options in mine including "Edit Profile Pic".

In the past, I had some problems using F-chat, and noticed whenever I was using a computer for quite while using 5-6 programs at the time, this problem tends to arise. So I figured it may be RAM problem, and turned off computer for few minutes, then start it again. Then the problem I was having were gone. Using "Restart" computer somehow doesn't work as it have to be "shut down".

Could this be another problem?

14. 410SA

410SA F1 Veteran

Nov 2, 2003
    West Coast
    Full Name:
    A
    Where exactly are you referring to? There is a sidebar called Control Panel and one of the choices is "edit Profile". That leads you into all of the info contained in your profile and there used to be a section where you could download a picture, (not an avatar). My profile currently has a picture of my garage. I cannot find anywhere in the user control panel, using safari, where I can edit that picture information.

15. Brian C. Stradale

Brian C. Stradale F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 17, 2002
    Dallas, TX, USA
    LOL! Good answer! :D

16. Brian C. Stradale

Brian C. Stradale F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 17, 2002
    Dallas, TX, USA
    Alex, go to Private Messages. On the left is a column labeled "Control Panel". The third option there is "Edit Profile". The sixth is "Edit Profile Picture". Click on the sixth, not the third, to change your profile picture.

HOWEVER, before you can do that... you need to subscribe. Profile pics and avatars are subscriber-only features. The fact that you have an old picture in there is just a temporary situation... Rob hasn't gone back and deleted photos put in there prior to the subscriptions going into effect... but he has removed the ability to set the photos from non-subscribers.

17. Michael Collins

Michael Collins Formula Junior

Apr 6, 2004
    Shanghai/Melbourne
    I have tried three different computers this week to post pics but with no luck.

Windows 98 and XP

18. ryalex

Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    I think that's the subscription thing again. There's a cap of how many pictures you can post until you subscribe.

19. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    I doubt you've gone over the 5 mb limit already with only 38 posts, but maybe you have. I bet you're just not posting the correct format, pixel size, or file size.

20. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    The board is basically developed and mostly tested for PC's and IE. They still try to get everything to work for Mac and other browsers, but it's not the first thing they test.

I need to redo the navbar soon anyway, we'll see what problems still exist for the Mac folks after that.

21. 410SA

410SA F1 Veteran

Nov 2, 2003
    West Coast
    Full Name:
    A
    Thanks for the info. I thought it was a subscription related problem!

22. DGS

DGS Six Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

May 27, 2003
    MidTN
    Full Name:
    DGS
    Ayeeee!! Gack, ack, thwppp! Walk not through Gates of Heck, grasshopper!

Linux/galeon here -- and it works for me ... other than the odd database errors.

(Actually, windoze could be a nice simple OS, if they weren't mucking up their security trying to make it all things for all people ... and lots for hackers. Unix has a wide range of abilities, but will never be simple.)

23. vraa

vraa F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Mr. A
    World domination is soon. All PC's will have IE.

24. alx355gt

alx355gt F1 Veteran

Feb 3, 2004
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Alexander
    I'm also using a Mac (both at work and at home)... Couldn't find the user cp some time ago either... Clicking on your private messages is an option to acces it... but you can also click on the sponsor link... then you don't only get the user cp, but also all the following options/links that I think aren't visible for Mac users on the main page... at least not for me...

User CP | Calendar | Members | FAQ | Model List | Parts & Service*| Links | Contact Us

I didn't attach pics to my posts very recently, but some time ago everything was ok... hopefully still is...

Greets, Alexander

25. vraa

vraa F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Mr. A
    Think it might be because the new backend is heavily javascript driven?