STEBRO Exhaust - Customer Service or Lack Thereof?? | FerrariChat

STEBRO Exhaust - Customer Service or Lack Thereof??

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by likeyoudontknow, Jun 28, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. likeyoudontknow

likeyoudontknow Karting
    BANNED

May 6, 2004
    Fellow Ferrari Owners-

Who of you have had contact with Stebro performance exhaust and ordered their products in recent times?

Are you satisfied?

I placed an order over a week ago and was promised delivery by now. Since last Wednesday, I have heard nothing in return despite transmitting numerous e-mails of which received no reply whatsoever.

Due to this experience I am beginning to seriously question Stebro. In dealing with Tubi in the past, their customer service was not only professional but also courteous and timely.

Thoughts?

[email protected]

2. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    I believe Dave had issues with them, but finally got the product?

--Dan

3. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

I ordered an exhaust for my 246GT from the folks at Stebro. They are a little tough to get a hold of, and not real great at retuning emails of phone calls, and tend to ship when they feel like it, but..

I finally found that faxes worked best. Multiple faxes. About every hour. Eventually they will respond.

Mine took about two and a helf weeks to ship and arrive. They promised they'd ship it same day or next day when I ordered. They also banged my credit card for it before they shipped it, which is a no-no with Visa/Mastercard.

And the exhaust is very nice. Love the sound, loud, but nice. And, it fit well, requiring only a little fiddling to get it to go on.

4. maranelloman

maranelloman Guest

Yes, I did...but it was a pain in the ass. They were unhelpful, indifferent (in actions, not in words), and consistently provided inaccurate (and in some cases, outright false, bordering on blatant lies) information. I, too, had to be very persistent--a colossal waste of my ****ing time!!!

5. Sfumato

Sfumato F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Llanfairpwllgwyngyll, Anglesey, Wales
    Full Name:
    Angus Podgorney
    What Dave said, and I still haven't put the damn thing on my car yet.
    They'll spank ya on shipping/duty too, NAFTA be damned.

Parts look OK, but real PITA.

6. likeyoudontknow

likeyoudontknow Karting
    BANNED

May 6, 2004
    1 - 613 - 692 - 1335

I tried their fax number listed on the website a few times this morning and continually received a communication error? Is this the correct fax number? Does anyone have other numbers or phone numbers?

Thanks,

[email protected]

7. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    I use ANSA 'cuz ANSA always answers the phone...if they say it's "in stock", they HAVE it!!!! In this country! (They are made overseas..)

They sent me replacement stickers and tape when it burned off, too!

That's why I like ANSA....

8. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Contacted Stebro, got this from Dan

"Sorry, busy time of year, slow production due to a facility move. They can call now at 888-878-3276 and get a real person...me.

Thanks,
    Dan"

So, there you go!!

9. 4i2fly

4i2fly Formula 3

Apr 16, 2004
    SF, Bay Area
    I talked with the founder of Sterbo at Concouso Italiano at their booth last year and he claimed they have much better product and customer service than Tubi. Although he said the product doesn't look as good but it is cheaper. It is probably cheaper because they have no one answering the phones. I am glad I installed Tubi, it would have made me go nuts waiting and waiting...

10. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    Stebro was founded by two brothers. STE(ven) BRO(thers) (or is the STE different) - they are italian.

I still want to hear that center resonator with the CG on a 550.

--Dan

11. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    Dan, There is a 550 around here with the Tubi and the Stebro on it. It can be heard from 3-4 blocks away. Sounds AWESOME, MEAN, NASTY, you name it but I'm not sure it wouldn't get to be obnoxious after a while...but then again....:D

Plus...some jagoff cop could very well cite you if his/her mood dictated it.

DL

12. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    That could be a problem witht he tubi... Dave (the other Dave) and I both feel very similarly about the aggressive subtlety of the CG exhaust...and he recently added a Stebro center resonator with nothing but praise (for the sound).

I'm still crious.

--Dan

13. mw575

mw575 F1 Rookie

May 30, 2001
    Lake Oswego,Or
    Full Name:
    Martin J Weiner,M.D.
    Great product-rather indifferent service.
    I have a tubi plus stebro pipes on my 575-the sound is fabulous but not too intrusive when just cruising.

14. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Here's a movie with the Stebro on my Dino. 7mb, might take a minute to load.

It's loud, but not killer, and I just back off the throttle when I see the police. Of course it's always the one you don't see that gets you into trouble.

http://www.pennphoto.com/pages/dave/dino_movie_2.wmv

15. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    Martin: how much more in the sound department do you think your Stebro added? And what sort?

--Dan

16. sparta49

sparta49 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 3, 2001
    LA
    Full Name:
    Frank

Lee if they are manufacturing the muffler in Canada and shipping it from Canada to the US the US duty rate is free if it wasn't from a NAFTA country it would still only be 2.5 percent HTUSA #8708.92.50 (Mufflers, exhaust pipes for vehicles other than farm tractors)

17. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Are you sure??I was hit for fifty bucks on some crew clothes as they came from Canada.....

18. sparta49

sparta49 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 3, 2001
    LA
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Now if it is all lumped together as duty/shipping then that includes free duty and fees for shipping and handling which I don't mind paying for actual shipping but sometimes the handling is high :)

19. Z0RR0

Z0RR0 F1 Rookie

Apr 11, 2004
    Montreal, Canada
    Full Name:
    Julien
    Then it's no wonder they never answered my emails ... congrats on a perfect way to loose business. At least they're pretty affordable ... I'll spend approx 0$.

20. maranelloman

maranelloman Guest

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

He used that same "facilty move" crap on me 7 months ago!!

What crap!!!

21. sparta49

sparta49 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 3, 2001
    LA
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Where were they actually manufactured and textiles are usually quota items

22. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Maybe it's moving around in the back of a truck.....a mobile assembly lab!!!! lol

23. Sfumato

Sfumato F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Llanfairpwllgwyngyll, Anglesey, Wales
    Full Name:
    Angus Podgorney
    I thought so too, but I got a $65-70 'customs' bill from A third party. That was 10%. Like I said, they bill you, 3rd party you, and have lousy CS. If they didn't have x-pipe, I would never bother, and won't again.

"Check's in your mouth, and I won't cum in your mailbox..."

24. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    That's what happened to me!

all of a sudden I have a UPS account to handle it, even worse they pulled my company name from the delivery address, and all this over a personal item!

So my campany is like "Fix this"" we hate ups, they lose a lot of stuff on construction sites.. They give my electrical stuff to any concrete finisher that can sign an "x"......

25. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    yea the clothes were uh...Italian....lol