Q-Ray Bracelet. | FerrariChat

Q-Ray Bracelet.

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by UroTrash, Jun 29, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. UroTrash

UroTrash Three Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Jan 20, 2004
    Purgatory
    Full Name:
    Clifford Gunboat
    I just saw a commercial on TV just now advertising the "Q-Ray bracelet". ( http://www.qray.com/index.asp ) Very interestingly, I noticed they made no claims at all!

They had people saying things like they could not believe how well it worked, that its a fantastic product, etc.

I thought it was pretty interesting that they count on people projecting their own expectations on the product, and since they never make any claim, they can not get busted for false advertising.

I looked up the web site, same deal, no claims but lots of testimonials.

The "science" is laughable horsesh*t.

These people that hawk these things are geniuses! A totally bogus product, sold with no claims to the average non-scientific thinking American. There's just no reason for anyone (with no morals) to ever go hungry in the good ol' gullible USA!

Sadly, I do see numerous retiree age folks in my office that have bought these things. The placebo effect is strong and these poor souls believe.

http://www.qray.com/index.asp

2. Z0RR0

Z0RR0 F1 Rookie

Apr 11, 2004
    Montreal, Canada
    Full Name:
    Julien
    It's pretty unbelievable ... Tomorrow I'm selling the incredible shampoo that will make you smart. If people complain they got scammed, I'll just say "see ... it works".

3. UroTrash

Consultant Owner

Jan 20, 2004
    Purgatory
    Full Name:
    Clifford Gunboat
    Oh, I almost forgot, for all the F-Chatters that have Q-Ray bracelets, I was just joshing with this thread.

They really work. Really. I mean it. Really. No kidding. I'm getting one myself.

4. UroTrash

Consultant Owner

Jan 20, 2004
    Purgatory
    Full Name:
    Clifford Gunboat

Excellent idea Julien!

your fortune awaits.

5. Robin

Robin F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Arlington, VA
    There is so much money to be made off of stupid people. Ionized bracelets, magnetic shoes, vitamin supplements.... if you have no ethics, riches abound..

-R

6. Doody

Doody F1 Veteran

Nov 16, 2001
    MA USA
    Full Name:
    Mr. Doody
    all that said, don't underestimate the power of suggestion.

the brain and body are clearly capable of things unexplainable by our current knowledge of medicine, physiology, and psychology.

as such, if these moronic products can in fact trigger "placebo responses" and such responses do in fact address the problem at hand, well, that's great for those people!

of course this is some TINY percentage of all the poor sods who shelled out their $25 or whatever for the stupid bracelet, but sometimes people just need a positive attitude, y'know?

for the avoidance of doubt, i'm NOT suggesting these things work or are worth ANY amount of money. they are scams, but they WILL work for a few people.

doody.

PS: these people TRULY are marketing geniuses. they have to have cleared (CLEARED) dozens of millions of dollars by now. wildly impressive.

7. Aureus

Aureus Formula 3

What the hell is it supposed to do? LOL.

But I agree, the people behind it are damned smart, even if they lack ethics.

8. PeterS

PeterS Four Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2003
    Goodyear, AZ
    Full Name:
    PeterS
  9. Z0RR0

Z0RR0 F1 Rookie

Apr 11, 2004
    Montreal, Canada
    Full Name:
    Julien
    Ditto, ethics are a major concern with this crap ... On the other hand, like UroTrash mentioned, some of these buyers are genuinely happy with their placebo ... pretty crazy world.

10. ebrigham

ebrigham Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    NYC
    If I remember correctly, a while back I saw an ad for some random magneto-bracelet with Jimmy Conners (when he was way past his prime, but still well known). His quote was something like.. "what can I say? It works for me..." I thought is was pretty funny.

11. coolestkidever

coolestkidever F1 Veteran

Feb 28, 2004
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    Sometimes its just easier to laugh. I love watching informercials, some really great products. Some of them work too. I have the miracle blades, they are amazing.

12. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    I think Chichi Rodriguez wore one on the PGA Senior tour too. I am continuously amazed at what people [want to] believe.

13. TigerAce

TigerAce Formula 3

May 29, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Yoshi Ace
    I have q-ray bracelet! I think I got that as a gift from business associate, but have it for almost 10 years now. It was more like little accessory for golfers, I think. Q-ray doesn't do anything noticeable to my body, but another copper bracelet which produces verdigris (greenish copper rust) did stop my backache, wrist pain, etc which associated w/ playing sports (golf, tennis, & softball mainly). I just have to keep it shiny which is bit hustle.

Sharper Image sell more up-graded version of Q-ray bracelet, and I see people wearing it.

My logic is if someone who is concerned of your body gave it as a gift, you try to appreciate it instead of thinking it is BS. This mental attitude must do real wonders to your body, which transforms to a lot of good testimonials. (Do I sound like THE seller of q-ray (?)

Just look at it as misanga of 80's.

14. UroTrash

Consultant Owner

Jan 20, 2004
    Purgatory
    Full Name:
    Clifford Gunboat
    see post #3.