Congrats to Michael (Carreaper) | FerrariChat

Congrats to Michael (Carreaper)

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by GrigioGuy, Jun 29, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
    Everyone's who ever driven a Ferrari can probably relate to this post. Way to go!

2. thecarreaper

thecarreaper F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
    Wow! , my own thread!! thanks Tillman! i dont know what to say, i have gone from a "lurker wanna be" to an owner. a few hours work and i have a screaming ferrari. if an Ansa is this good, what does a Tubi sound like!!?? i have worked hard, gone to school, and taken the hard path. if you work hard enough, and want it badly , "IT" can be obtainable!! this is just the beginning!
    thanks to Rob Lay and all the other great folks here. FORZA FERRARI!

3. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    That is a great thread - Congrats Michael!

4. Cavallino Motors

Cavallino Motors F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

May 31, 2001
    Florida or Argentina
    Full Name:
    Martin W.
    Congrats also from me. I still remember our conversation. I was sitting on the lift going up the mountain and my ear froze to my phone but your enthusiasm just warmed it right off.

There are some people very deserving of the joy of Ferrari ownership, Michael is one of them.

5. Mike328

Mike328 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 19, 2002
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    Mike
    CONGRATULATIONS, MICHAEL! Your car is very much alive--it was even before the repairs were made. Pure soul. If these cars could talk--oh what rich stories they would tell!

Congrats again and thank you for getting "Mona" back to where she needs to be. She will please you in every way...

--Mike

6. judge4re

judge4re F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2003
    Never home
    Full Name:
    Dr. Dumb Ass
    I remember meeting Michael at Roebling Road. The passion is very much there.

Welcome to the carbed club. Good luck with the car and enjoy it in good health. (BTW, wait until you have a carbed V12 of your own if you want to talk about sound).

Now when is NNO going to get a damn Ferrari...

7. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Congrats Mike!!! Anything I can do.....let me know

8. thecarreaper

Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
    MIKE I NEVER KNEW SHE HAD A NAME!!! when i ge home today i am going to start cleaning and making a list of what i need to replace!! car is easier to work on than aircraft!!!

9. thecarreaper

Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
    LOL! I THINK jordan747 and NNo are due to geta ferrari. carbon has enough models he should qualify as an owner!!

10. thecarreaper

Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
    well ....... PM sent :)

11. richard

richard Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Richard Thompson III
    Mike,

I look forward to seeing this beauty when I get back to Savannah mid August, maybe we can get lunch :)

Cheers,
    Richard

12. thecarreaper

Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
    sure, just pm me! ill have the car together and taken apart off and on as i catch up on things it needs!

13. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    ANSA is BETTER than Tubi!!

Jus' wanted to clear that up....Congrats Reaper!! :)

14. thecarreaper

Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
    thanks doctor Speedy!!! seriously i was wondering how it could possibly sound any better ! the more i drove it, the better it ran , and the better it sounded. i made some folks dizzy as they followed the car around as i was test driving it. rain rain rain here today i would rather not drive it in the rain, more due to other folks not seeing it and hitting it, than the effects of any water, though the car is rust free and has several nice PPI notes about the clean body. id like to keep it that way!

15. 1975gt4don

1975gt4don Formula Junior

Nov 5, 2003
    Peoples Rep of CA
    Full Name:
    Smog Exempt
    I suspect the low relative humidity of NM had something to do with the rust free body. If Georgia is alot higher in RH, I would invest in a dehumidifier in the garage. I did. RH is so bad in SoCal that i have mold growing in one of the downstairs bedrooms! Unbelievable.

16. AJS328

AJS328 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Apr 23, 2003
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Augustine Staino
    Congrats Michael,

That is a very special car. Drive it well. It's great to see a car go from one enthusiastic owner to the next. I wish I knew who ended up with my old car.

17. netviper

netviper Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    Saint Augustine
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Congrats man! The car sounds great! I can't wait to get together when I get to savannah next month!

18. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Great ongoing story.

19. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    I'm surprised how much more response your car got when the dealer put it on ebay - Do you think people just trust a dealer more?

20. AJS328

AJS328 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Apr 23, 2003
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Augustine Staino
    Jerry,

To be honest, I think that the dealer had a much better presentation than I did. Looking at that eBay ad made me want to buy the car back!

21. Mike328

Mike328 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 19, 2002
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Yeah, they do know how to spin it.

My synopsis on dealers: In general, a reputable dealer won't sell a beater or flagrantly misrepresent a car, and are in the biz well enough to not get INTO a car that has serious issues. Private parties, there is no such assurance. You get the good with the bad.

So, at a dealer you pay a premium--but there is less risk in general, is my strong opinion, ESPECIALLY FOR A LESS EDUCATED BUYER. Just because a prospective Ferrari buyer/owner is uneducated in Ferrari doesn't mean they can't get a GOOD Ferrari. I bought my (now Reaper's) 308 at a dealer--Ferrari of Central Florida. I know much more now. I bought my 328 private party for way, way less than what the equivalent car would have fetched at a dealer. I knew what to look for, I was able to mitigate the risk of private party with knowledge and experience.

In the end, first-time buyers--who are often attracted to 308s and 328s--are not educated necessarily in Ferrari ownership but at the same time ARE risk-aware. So, they'll go to a reputable dealer, where there is some feeling of recourse, and of making the car right should anything LOTUS-like (Lots of trouble... Usually Serious [just learned that one today!]) occur. Like with the 308, Ferrari of Central Florida did some post-purchase distributor work to get them fully sorted.

So, I'd say that's why Gus's 328 got some good hits up on eBay.

That said, now I sold my car through FerrariChat, but I got honestly eight calls in the MORNING after the night I put up my 308 on eBay. The amount of people who go to ebay motors and click on "Ferrari" and type in 308 is huge. Thousands per day, maybe?

I do miss my car :). It's probably the most complex--personality and soul-wise--than any Ferrari I've ever driven. It's that deep mysterious introspective brunette. My red/tan 328 is like the extroverted blonde sorority girl (I love driving them both alllllll night long however...).

And yes, reaper, she does have a name--Mona--and will respond if you call :).

--Mike

22. thecarreaper

Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
    great post Mike, and yes i just came in from doing the final tweaks on the front sheet metal on Mona i told some of my relatives i am " married" to a 26 year old brunette ..... they " almost " ( all of them are old) had multiple strokes......... wasnt funny !!! ( :) )
    i think some dealers and brokers are keen enough to find the right buyer for the right car. I delt with EXOTICBRO on the red GTB, i really wanted a gtb and i still may buy one soon , given that some things have recently changed for me , in a good way. Chuck got to know me and realized i can do sheetmetal and most other stuff, with no books ect. i took the whole front end off the 308 in less than an hour and a half, with no air tools. i really wish the beater / project cars had better representation , so folks like me can find out about them in time to " save " them.
    as in my first post in my car thread, i woke up as usual, checked in on fchat and called MIke P ( sorry mike!) in the early am and had a wire transfer to him on the spot. i was at my bank as they opened the doors . i buy all my cars this way. i would like to think a good broker or dealer will pick up on the type of buyer versus the type of car. the sellers personality is less important since they are only involved at the very end. good cars are out there folks, and they are worth saving!!!