ralf out for 2-3 months | FerrariChat

ralf out for 2-3 months

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by ross, Jun 30, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ross

ross Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
  2. Admiral Thrawn

Admiral Thrawn F1 Rookie

Jul 2, 2003
    The story is also on F1Racing.net and F1-Live.net.

Poor Ralf. :(

3. imperial83

imperial83 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

May 14, 2004
    This is bad. I am sure a racer like Ralf is very frustrated right now. Hopefully he will be very competitive when he gets back.

4. Admiral Thrawn

Admiral Thrawn F1 Rookie

Jul 2, 2003
    I hope he has a comeback as good as Michael's after he broke his leg at Silverstone in 1999.

5. imperial83

imperial83 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

May 14, 2004
    Well you see it all depends upon Williams. Williams has let Ralf down for the past year or so. If Williams can have a decent car ready for him when he comes back he will be competitive. Even Sir Frank Williams himself has said that this year they are not competitive in terms of pace.

Imagine being stripped of a podium place because your team dropped the ball and decided to cheat by increasing the size of the brake ducts. Ralf is a good driver. He showed how good he is after winning two races on the trot last year. So if Williams can give him a decent car to drive he will perform better.

6. Sempre_gilles

Sempre_gilles Formula 3

Jul 11, 2003
    Full Name:
    AdK
    To me it seems highly unlikely that Ralf will win 4 World Championships in the near future .....

7. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    I seriously wonder about the driver lineup. Gene is a given for the next couple of races, but then?

Imagine Montoya vs Villeneuve in the same car. The crashing continues. And the whining...

8. imperial83

imperial83 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

May 14, 2004
    Montoya and Villeneuve in the same car will be a nightmare for Williams, but a comedy for other teams. If they complete one lap side by side without taking each other out it would be a miracle.

9. RocketBoy

RocketBoy Formula 3

Feb 13, 2004
    Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Professor Hajji
    I thought Ralf was going to Toyota. His contract ends 2004 and has there been any talk from Frank about giving this guy more chances? Ralf is as good as gone according to all the major F1 press: ITV, F1 mag, Autosport. Come on, there's a mumble that even Jeff Gordon was to be a replacement, ( Autosport. ) Jeff GORDON!?! Does that show any faith in Williams towards this guy...

He's a good driver but not great. It makes no sense to compare this guy to his brother apart from name and JPM is clearly a more talented driver. This guy is Oliver Panis who had better cars and it comes to no surprise he might replace him. An even-keel driver.

Its just too bad this guy has to be compared to Michael, had all that soap opera with him being called gay and his wife a flirt, had all these crashes this year and on the road last year, and having JPM talk behind his back. He almost needs a change.

RocketBoy

10. imperial83

imperial83 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

May 14, 2004
    In my book, Ralf is 100 times better than JPM. Montoya is a maniac that will one day kill someone (hopefully himself) due to his rash driving. Montoya does not deserve to be in F1 and it will be funny to see how Montoya reacts when his McLaren goes "kaboom" every race next year.

Ralf has seriously been let down by Williams. He won the European GP last year adn then he won the French GP. Williams then backed of from car development to focus on the current season. This year their car has no pace and is extremely hard to control.

I do not think he is as good as gone from Williams. I think Williams will probably end up with one of the following line up
    1. Ralf and Mark Webber
    2. Ralf and Timo Glock
    3. Mark Webber and Timo Glock with Ralf moving to Toyota

Do not believe everything you hear from ITV, F1 mag, Autosport. It is all part of the silly season of rumors that kicks in. We all know what ends up is very different fro what the rumor mill generates. I think the best combination for BMW Williamas would be Ralf and Mark or Ralf and Timo Glock. of cource you cannot compare Ralf to Michael. Michael is the greatest racing driver ever to step into an F1 car. But driving technique, performance, style and training all indicate that Ralf is 4th or 5th best on the track today. Montoya should not even be rated because he drives like a maniac and will probably end up in a fatal accident because of his driving technique.

11. RocketBoy

RocketBoy Formula 3

Feb 13, 2004
    Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Professor Hajji
    Imperial,

I am 100% with you, I personally hope JPM gets what should be coming to him. However his brash style antagonizes results and peers. That's part of Latin personality and anyone, including one track mind Senna94, will say that that helped Ayrton but in a positive way. JPM whine his way into motivating a team or even the race stewards into seeing the accident his way. We don't know his activities outside the track, but can you see this guy taking time out of walking to the Williams van to sign autographs for Colombian orphans? No way, not unless they gave him money and a promise to kick Schuey in the knee.
    Autosport, ITV, etc... I brought up those three sources as just a few. Anyone who follows F1 is definitely aware of all the rumors flying around. Its just as bad as euro soccer tid bits and English sex scandal headlines. But I can not think of one headline saying contract talks with Williams and Ralf are going on. No renew talk, bump or decline in salary, commitments to team or driver. So the speculation of a Toyota move based on the lack of talk of any Williams deal is very legit.
    But based on all the reasons I mentioned previously, I would think both RS and Williams want a breath of fresh air. Its almost dealing with damaged goods and with the acknowledge of Williams that they dropped the ball and the BMW once had the best engine, Berger left in disgust, the more popular driver left for their biggest rival: Williams should rebuild. The injury mixed in with string of crashes this year, I think means that's the last we've seen of that combo.
    I hope RS does do well and Toyota shows signs that they are competing hard. We can talk in the fall once the season is over and when Ralf has done his own thing.

RocketBoy

12. imperial83

imperial83 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

May 14, 2004
    ... and as long as it is a Ferrari 1 - 2 crossing the finish line, we really don't care where Ralf is anayway :D

13. F1racer

F1racer F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2003
    Laval
    Full Name:
    Jean
    I think 2 things could happen...

- Gene replaces RS for 3 months until he comes back and Pizzonia is the only test driver

or

At the silverstone GP , Ralf announce his Toyota congrat for next year like he had planned and at the same time maybe he will quit his job at Williams. Then they go get JV to be a test driver and Gene could drive the car for the rest of the season. If they see Gene isn't performing they go with JV.

14. F1racer

F1racer F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2003
    Laval
    Full Name:
    Jean
    Anti-JPM...:D

I'm no fan of JPM put I don't think he will kill someone one day because of his driving.

Timo Glock....Well I could see you're a big fan of this guy.
    He sure looked brilliant at the Canadian GP compared to Pantano's performance so far this season.

Mark Webber going to Williams....
    I don't why but I wish he stays at Jaguar forever.
    JV and GF both deserve a Williams seat more than MW.
    JV: has won a championship for them and I think they should give him another chance in a way to thank him.
    GF: He always been in a not so good team. He's very talented and deserves to be in a top team before its too late.

15. imperial83

imperial83 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

May 14, 2004
    I see your point regarding JV and GF. only time will tel what will happen next season.

Ah yes! I think I am as "anti" as "anti" can get as far as being anti-JPM. That man is a maniac. I am not a big Timo Glock fan, but I was impressed with his drive in Canada. It sickens me that pay drivers like Sato (Honda Sponsorship) and idiots like JPM block good F1 seats that can be taken by deserving and talented drivers like Timo Glock and Anthony Davidson.

16. Admiral Thrawn

Admiral Thrawn F1 Rookie

Jul 2, 2003
    Haha, I didn't mean it like that.

What I meant was that I hope he returns to racing with the same enthusiasm and form he had before. Or for that matter, even better.

17. Erik330

Erik330 Formula Junior

May 8, 2004
    Ohio
    I can't believe that I am seeing people posting their hopes for the death for Montoya.

Clearly a bunch of bench racers who cruise metropolitan areas at 34 mph and never have been on a track except during "lapping sessions". "Look honey, here's my certificate for going around Mid Ohio! It's where Bobby Rahal drove!".

Really disgusting. Are you guys for real?

18. Admiral Thrawn

Admiral Thrawn F1 Rookie

Jul 2, 2003
    [01/07/04 - 09:03]

Ralf Schumacher considering legal action
    Indianapolis Doctors missed spinal fractures

Ralf Schumacher is furious with Doctors at Indianapolis' Methodist Hospital for sending him home without discovering two fractures in his spinal column.

On his 29th birthday (Wednesday), the German was told in Bad-Nauheim near Frankfurt he would be out of the cockpit for up to three months with the injury.

"It was a shock," he said of the diagnosis. "They had checked me out in America so it looks as if I narrowly escaped a catastrophe. But I have to deal with it now. What happens has happened."

Ralf said his world champion brother 'keeps calling'.

"Frank [Williams also] said I should be grateful to have been so lucky."

Reports are already speculating Schumacher is considering legal action against the American Doctors because further injury 'put him at risk of paraplegia.'

"I'm angry they did not pick it up," the BMW Williams ace admitted.

His manager Willi Weber was at the Frankfurt examination "and [my] reaction was not very positive. You really have to ask yourself what they did in America." - F1-Live.net

And we thought it was bad they didn't get to him in the car quick enough! It only gets worse!

19. Gary(SF)

Gary(SF) F1 Rookie

Oct 13, 2003
    Los Altos Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Gary B.
    That's inexcusable. I'm not a doctor, but I can't think of a reason to miss the fractures. I can understand there would be swelling, etc, but that wouldn't affect an xray would it? Any doctors on the board?

Gary

20. RocketBoy

RocketBoy Formula 3

Feb 13, 2004
    Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Professor Hajji
    Erik,

Instead of insulting the majority of opinion on this site so far, give us some reasons to why you might think we are wrong...
    Personally, I have no respect for JPM and my comments of hope he gets what he should are very warranted. Do you remember when he made a public spectacle of a track marshall's death? He insulted the departed marshall's family, facilities in Australia, tried to get JV to fight during a driver's meeting, during? Claimed JV was a murderer.
    Now he is complaining about the track personal years later. They should have one crew and that each country, each and every different country he races, has biased track officials. Complaining how he gets no respect after a lack of thought on a public mockery of a fellow track worker's death?
    Imperial and Senna1994 have had quite a few bouts over how great Ayrton was and have backed them up with quoted material. Im sure both would agree that when Senna confronted Irvine after the unlapping incident Eddie got what he should. He put the life of a respected, current champion at risk and himself at a time that would have no real effect on the outcome of the race. Senna was a champion, in the superior car, Irvine should have been a man, not an individual, and a gentleman racer and surveyed the facts and let the true leader through.
    So when JPM cuts off racing lines of Schuey at turns, runs to the track marshals explaining why they don't see things his way at collisions near 200 mph, ran so hard at F1 champions who had to brake test him ( as both JV and Schuey have,) runs into his teammate on a few occasions, runs into camera men and starts to pick fights with them, makes negative comments about the state of F1 at meetings where Bernie is present ( the man who is giving him a sport to be in? ) it adds up to that with all the negativity surrounding this "individual," he's almost getting off lucky.
    I don't feel the need to throw insults at you back. The conversation on this thread has been give and take. Step up and give some validity to your claim or otherwise don't contribute.

RocketBoy

21. Admiral Thrawn

Admiral Thrawn F1 Rookie

Jul 2, 2003
    What exactly did he do or say?

22. ross

ross Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    well gene is confirmed for this weekend, but no further. think the wheels are turning towards jv coming in sooner than later. he is the only one on the list of possibles that currently doesn't have a full time job elsewhere, so he can step into the blue overalls tomorrow. (of course personally i am hoping for this).
    if the indy docs didn't put him into an mri then they wud have missed hairline fractures. if they did mri him, then there is no excuse.

23. Erik330

Erik330 Formula Junior

May 8, 2004
    Ohio
    Rocketboy, no matter what JPM has been accused of doing, you have to be a sick person to wish death upon him.

24. cairns

cairns Formula Junior

Nov 13, 2003
    Potomac MD
    Full Name:
    George Williams
    Wishing for anyone's death is simply inexcusable and immoral, no one should have to "step up and give some validity" to that sort of claim. It's ridiculous of you to even assert that.

Imperial 83 seems to be adept only at throwing out stupid, inflammatory statements and death wishes ("NASCAR is a pathetic form of motor racing" and "Montoya is a maniac that will one day kill someone (hopefully himself) due to his rash driving.") that demonstrate only his lack of maturity and knowledge.

25. imperial83

imperial83 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

May 14, 2004
    Thank you!

and yes I will say that during the incedent with Irvine and Senna, Irvine did put Senna's life at risk. It was a mistake and Irvine learnt from it and I think he never repeated such a thing.

Montoya is a diferent story. We have seen him time and again continue to implement the same driving techniques that are extremely dangerous on the track.

I should make something very clear here. I don't wish anyone in F1 or any other racer dies. I just hpe that if JPM were to cause a fatal accident that no other innocent driver would have to pay for it.