The Ugliest Ferrari Ever Built? | Page 4 | FerrariChat

The Ugliest Ferrari Ever Built?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by dretceterini, Jun 24, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ronsupercar

ronsupercar Formula 3

May 2, 2002
    Orlando Fla.
    Full Name:
    4RE-Ron
    Tillman, Put down the crack pipe and come out with your hands up!!

:)

2. ART360

ART360 Guest

The Enzo is truly ugly. Effective, but ugly. However, I think that the boxer is even uglier. I used to think that the 360 was ugly, and it is, compared with the 355, but I've gotten used to it, but if the 355 had the various features of the 360, I'd go back to it in an instant.

Art

3. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    I assume you mean the 365 GT 2+2s with the quad headlights (of different sizes)? I would agree with you. But the ones with dual headlights look just fine.

4. Greg G

Greg G F1 Rookie

"one mans trash is another mans treasure"... thats the beauty of this high subjective thread. Ive always been attracted to unusual things, therefore Id be happy with any of these unloved cars like the 365 2+2.

Not that I see tons of BBi's, Mondials, Enzos etc, but I dont think Ive ever seen the 2+2 in person on the road. I wld appreciate that exclusivity.

5. sjb509

sjb509 Guest

330GT 2+2 Series 1 (four headlights)

6. JonnyT

JonnyT Karting

Jan 21, 2004
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Jean-Paul
    Easy...308GT4

7. Bryanp

Bryanp F1 Rookie

Aug 13, 2002
    Santa Fe, NM
    I love you like a brother, NNO, but you've been drinking too much of the Georgia corn squeezin's Gerald makes out back if you have labelled the 365GT2+2 as ugly . . . If you mean the 330 2+2 S.I, I'll let TonyF and others beat you up on that one . . .

8. Bryanp

Bryanp F1 Rookie

Aug 13, 2002
    Santa Fe, NM
    since there seems to be confusion, the picture I posted is a 1968 365GT2+2 (800+ made between 1967 and 1971). The Series I 330GT2+2 had 4-headlights, the Series II 330GT2+2 had 2. If you want to know more, go to www.tomyang.net and click on his "330 spotter's guide" . . .

9. sparta49

sparta49 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 3, 2001
    LA
    Full Name:
    Frank
    how can the 365 California be included in this

10. Maverix

Maverix Karting

Apr 26, 2004
    Kent UK
    Full Name:
    David Crompton
    Seriously man, you need glasses.
    The 365 GT 2+2 is one of the most timeless beautiful shapes ever crafted.
    Wheras the Enzo is just plain butt ugly. Gawky, ugly, not a curve in sight and with about as much class, style and sophistication as Dubya. Whichever two idiots you asked who said the 512BB and Califiornia, go and give them a damned good slapping and ban them from ever opening their mouths to talk about automobiles ever again for they surely have announced themselves as BMW and Mercedes driving nobodys who dream about one day owning something that is the ultimate dull man's car...a Volvo.

The 308Gt4 is an example of how a Ferrari shouldnt look. The Mondial is a close second. The new 612 Scag. however I think will eventually make it onto the top spot as the most drab and boring design Ferrari has ever slung 4 wheels beneath.

The best looking Ferraris of course are:

250 GTO
    F40
    Dino

11. Kevallino

Kevallino Formula 3

Feb 10, 2004
    Mid-Ohio
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    ... but certainly some are prettier than others.

Personally I gotta put that 365 GTC/4 down near the bottom of the list although in black with Borranis it starts to look OK. I still see too much Chevy Monza in the profile, though, even if I can get past the clown lips.

Series 1 Chinese eye 330 isn't the nicest face but the rest of it is pretty.

But I think the car I like the least is the F50 - just looks drawn by a generic supercar committee to me.

Cheers
    Kevin

12. Alex_V

Alex_V F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Apr 8, 2004
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    Alex
    I have changed my vote from the "not as good looking" from the Mondial to the 308 GT4, that car doesnt do much for me either.

13. Erik330

Erik330 Formula Junior

May 8, 2004
    Ohio
    I actually like the looks of the 330 GT Series 1, and that's good because I have one.

Never cared for the looks of the 365 2+2, the Mondial, The Testarossa, the F50, or the Enzo especially when compared with the 275GTB/4, the 330 GTC and GTS, the Daytona, the 308, etc.

14. dogue

dogue Formula Junior

Sep 2, 2001
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Terry
    The least attractive production Ferrari. (I don't find any production Ferrari Ugly).

400 GT
    612 Scagetti
    Mondial 8

15. Evolved

Evolved F1 Veteran

Nov 5, 2003
    Mondial

Second place is the Enzo. It is breathtaking car that is Ferrari in badge and engine only. Thre rest is pure Japanese influence. A ferrari without a gated shifter as an option? Enzo must have been rolling in his grave.

Third 400gt

16. the stranger

the stranger Karting

Feb 18, 2004
    The Mondial probably takes the cake for being the ugliest production Ferrari, but dare I say it's a serious contender for being one of the ugliest production sports cars of all time...

17. taunus

taunus Formula Junior

Jan 24, 2002
    Germany, Osnabrueck
    Full Name:
    Ansgar
    The Mondial !

18. Tspringer

Tspringer F1 Veteran

Apr 11, 2002
    The Enzo gets my vote as ugliest production Ferrari. It really is just butt ugly. I know its fast and the styling is functional from a purely performance perspective, but in that price range / performance class I expect it to be blindingly fast AND drop dead gorgeous.

Look at the Carrera GT. What a gorgeous car AND its amazingly fast.

As to other ugly Ferraris.... the Dino GT4 is no looker and the Mondial coupes are just too plain. But they both look better than an Enzo.

Terry

19. JonnyT

JonnyT Karting

Jan 21, 2004
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Jean-Paul
    Everytime I read a thread like this, the Enzo bashing surprises me. I understand that everyone has there own tastes but this many that don't like it...very surprising. Have you ever seen one in person? IMHO they are beautiful and uncomparable to a 275GTB or a GTO or any other beautiful Ferrari you want to mention. C'mon, put an Enzo side by side with a 308GT4 or a Mondial...the Enzo is uglier? Pleeeeeeeze....

20. coolestkidever

coolestkidever F1 Veteran

Feb 28, 2004
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    Yea i agree. I was just watching a video special about the F50, it was made when the F50 first came out. And everyone was saying the same thing, that it was the ugiliest car ever, but now everyone adores that car. I guess its just something that has to grow on people. I have seen the Enzo in person, i can tell you one thing, I didnt like it from pictures i had seen, but when i saw her I had to change my shorts, it is just so perfect and balanced IMHO.

As for the ugliest Ferrari probably the Mondial as well or maybe some of the earlier 2+2

21. mondial85

mondial85 Karting

Sep 9, 2003
    Indianapolis
    Full Name:
    Casey Slattery
    I don't get what people don't see in the mondial (the cabrio's at least). I think they are timeless and have a perfect mix of both sports-car AND style/luxury.
    The 308gt4 just does nothing for me. Im sure it was a great and groundbreaking car at the time, but it just looks old and dated today. The only part I like are the air intakes.

22. Z0RR0

Z0RR0 F1 Rookie

Apr 11, 2004
    Montreal, Canada
    Full Name:
    Julien
    Weird designs are (in random order) the 308GT4, Enzo, 612 or 360 (sorry, there are plenty of angles where the car is disproportioned). The 400 series isn't as bad looking as it is outdated.

23. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    The Enzo Moon Tractor

24. ArtS

ArtS F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Central NJ
    For those who mention the 365 California - ugly or not: It is a very different car from the 250 California that everyone knows and loves. That said, the 365 California is not bad looking although the rear is awkward, but it is BIG - the longest Ferrari ever built.

William H., ugly or not I like the Enzo Moon Tractor name! The new Ferrari EMT.

Art S.

25. Mark(study)

Mark(study) F1 Veteran

Oct 13, 2001
    Clearwater, FL
    Full Name:
    Mark
    My Dad's best friend had a Daytona.

As a kid... I never understood why he kept that poor kit-car-looking fake vette, instead of just buying a sexy new corvette.

Now as a ferrari fan I could never tell this story in public (whoops...)