Testarossa queries | FerrariChat

Testarossa queries

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Andy T, Jun 30, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Andy T

Andy T Karting

May 31, 2004
    Sheffield - England
    Full Name:
    Andy
    I've just bought a TR and I've made a few enquiries about standard size tyres - no manufacturers seem to make both fronts and rears - they all seem to have discontinued either one or both sizes - any ideas who still makes them both? If no one does, are 18" wheels the best alternative?

Petrol - which is best - unleaded regular plus octane booster or unleaded super? Most of the octane boosters I can find also contain lead substitute - is it ok to use this {the car has no cats and a sports exhaust}.

Andy

2. Robertb

Robertb Formula 3

Nov 19, 2003
    South Oxfordshire, U
    Full Name:
    Robert
    I'm assuming you have a Testarossa as opposed to a 512TR...

You could put the 18 inch 512 TR wheels on it, that'd look great.

I used to run my 1988 328 on superunleaded (shell optimax if poss), but used 95 octane plus addidtive with octane booster for a bit too. Can't say I noticed any difference in the way the car ran either way. If you do use an additive, stick to one brand as there are different kinds of chemical additives and I read it is not a good idea to mix them.

For that reason, I'd use super UL as you can be sure of the consistency.

Robert.

3. andrewg

andrewg F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Sep 10, 2002
    Chester, England
    Full Name:
    AndrewG
    Andy

Avon, Michelin (if you dig hard enough I found some in Costco!) Yokohama and last but not least Colway do a semi slick (but road legal) tyre thats unbeliveable on the track, and not too bad on the road, I've been on the lookout for a set of 512tr rims for ages and they don't come up often, at least it sounds like your car doesnt have milimeteric wheels (the ones with the centre lock's)

I personally use optimax in my cars rather than an octand aditive that way I can be sure I wont put too much into the tank at once

4. steve f

steve f F1 World Champ

Mar 15, 2004
    12cylinder town
    Full Name:
    steve
    what year testarossa is it if its an early one it will be on metric trx tyres which are expensive

5. Andy T

Andy T Karting

May 31, 2004
    Sheffield - England
    Full Name:
    Andy
    Its a '91 with normal 16" wheels. Its got virtually new Michelin Pilots on the back and I'd like a matching pair on the front - I'll just have to keep trying tyre outlets I guess.

6. andrewg

andrewg F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Sep 10, 2002
    Chester, England
    Full Name:
    AndrewG
    Andy have you tried www.blackcricles.co.uk ?

I think my fronts were from costco, maybe worth giving them a call (they only do michelin)