Why I love visiting Dealerships | FerrariChat

Why I love visiting Dealerships

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by 96cobrakid, Jul 1, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 96cobrakid

96cobrakid Formula Junior

May 24, 2004
    St. Louis, Mo
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I stopped in the Benlty dealer by my place today to see what they had in there, besides the 9 Bently GT's they had, and the 3 550's and 3zillion 360's, they had a red 92 F40 in for service! i stared at it for a while :) Ill get some pics up in a little bit, anyone need the serial number or anything for a registry?

2. Alex_V

Alex_V F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Apr 8, 2004
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    Alex
    I love visiting Ferrari of Denver, everytime I am down there, the dealers always talk to me like im a buyer, they let me sit in almost anything I ask to ( They let me sit in an Enzo!) and always tell me little things about the cars, quiz me a little, they always tell me when the newest cars will be there too, im just sad I dont live closer so I could visit more

3. Doug.

Doug. F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2004
    Las Vegas, NV
    Yeah i know! Im only 17 but i walked into Towbin Motorcars last weekend and poked around for a bit, just waiting for someone to come and tell me to leave. It was my first F-Car dealership experience...i was a little nervous, like i shouldnt be there, but i couldnt help myself when i passed it. They had a black/tan 575M sitting in front (My FAVORITE car!), anyway they were completely ok with it. They let me check it out and said i could stay as long as i wanted. I had a great time and was there for about an hour checking out every car. I will definitely be back...thats for sure.

4. mchferrari

mchferrari Formula Junior

Jun 6, 2004
    Lawrence, KS
    Full Name:
    Matthew Holderbach
    Hey i'll be in STL tomorrow, and may have to ask my parents to swing by there!
    Alex, I've been to Ferrari of Denver several times, but they haven't let me sit in any cars yet, oh well. Do you know of anything new that is expected to be there on, say, July 16? Loved the Enzo. ;) Did you see the Carrera GT they have listed on their site now? That BETTER not be gone before I get there, but I'm afraid it will be, as it's only $499k.
    Doug, I know what it's like the first time walking into a place like that...overwhelming, and I shaked a lot, but not so much anymore. :)

5. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Buy a Cavallino in the parts department...that's the cover I always use.....

6. Alex_V

Alex_V F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Apr 8, 2004
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    Alex

I always asked a dealer named Mike Parmekian (spelling), hes a real nice guy and will easily make conversation with anyone, hes the one that makes me feel invited when Im at FoD

As for the CGT, I really dont have a clue whats going on, I called down there to ask if it was there or even on display and the lady told me that "we dont have one" then I told her about how its says its there on the site, but she replied "we arent a factory authorized Porsche dealer" so I just said ok and asked here (check the thread in the Rocky Mtn board) and I got a rely saying they will probably never see it.
    So im not sure what the deal is w/ the CGT is, If they didnt want people to come down at look at it and have the dealership be crowded, it wouldnt be posted on the site.

When the Enzo was down at FoD, it was only my 2nd visit, so i was a little nervous, but I was standing right next to the a little kid whose dad asked the dealer and I asked right as he got out, the pictures are hilarious because my smile is huge and I look like I got somehting wrong w/ me cus I was so exited. By the time I got out a line all the way out the door had formed, and the dealer closed the door abd said that no one else could sit! Talk about luck!

THe best expierience though was when I was there right at closing time and I had been making conversation w/ Mike from the driver seat of a red 575m, and a guy comes and talks to him, he turns to me and asks "Hey wanna ride in a Ferrari?" I was shocked but i found the words to say yes, I went back into the mechanic lot and there was a red 348 TS that needed to be driven into the showroom. The ride was about 8 seconds, and less then 1/4 mile but i was still in awe for at least a day or two and thinking to myself "did i just ride in a Ferrari?"

7. Mule

Mule F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 25, 2003
    Alaska
    Full Name:
    Mule
    I'll be at FoD tomorrow, so I'll let you guys know what's going on. Always treated great (but I did buy a car there). Get there early for coffee and donuts. Only an hour away.

8. Alex_V

Alex_V F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Apr 8, 2004
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    Alex

Thank you Im dyin to know, Its about an hour drive for me too, exept Im not the driver, so its a little harder to find time

9. coolestkidever

coolestkidever F1 Veteran

Feb 28, 2004
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    I know how you feel, whenever i walk into Algar Ferrari of Philadelphia, i always think they dont want me there and i end up leaving very quickly.

10. South Dakota Rich

Jun 15, 2004
    Middle of Nowhere
    Full Name:
    Rich
    This is great. By treating you right, maybe someday you'll buy a car there but in the meantime, you'll be telling everyone how well they treated you and what a great experience you had. Money can't buy advertising like that. It's a shame that more businesses don't understand this.

11. mchferrari

Jun 6, 2004
    Lawrence, KS
    Full Name:
    Matthew Holderbach
    I am now officially going to Bentley STL tomorrow. Hope all the stuff you saw is there for me too!

It was also my second time going there. Funny thing is, I wasn't expecting no Enzo there, you know, just a regular visit to see the "average" Ferrari's. But as I looked inside I see the familiar nose of, oh can't quite fathom what I am beholding, but do eventually figure out that there is an Enzo sitting right there. Apparently it was on the news...Unfortunately I did not sit in it (seeing it was good enough for me!).

12. Caruso360

Caruso360 Karting

May 1, 2003
    Alex-young lad- you're posts are quite exagerrated. At your age, education should be your priorty as well as your parents. I have had my go arounds with FoD, and I can tell you that even as a paying customer I wasn't allowed to sit in a 95 355 let alone an Enzo. I've noticed your posts around this forum, I suggest you spend more time with reading, writing and arithmetic and subsequently doing chores at your parents house and less time on this forum.

13. Alex_V

Alex_V F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Apr 8, 2004
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    Alex

If you really dont believe me I can bring you some pictures of the 575 sitting, the Enzo sitting and a 355 sitting (the 355 and the Enzo were on the same day) if you are going to the next track day at PPIR. The pictures I dont have are of me in a Bentley Arnage and the 348 I rode in. Personally, I have no problem asking a Ferrari dealer or owner to sit in the car or even ride in one, your friend Brandi let me ride in the yellow 360 at PPIR May 8th, I also rode in the grey 911 GT3, like i said, I have NO problem asking and poking my head in to see whats going on. Ferrari wise, I couldnt be more happy with what I have expierenced in a little over 2 years going to FoD and Ferrari shows and track days. None of those stories are exagerrated at all, I dont really feel the need to lie to people on the internet, because, I have nothing to prove to them.

As for studying and chores, its summer break, so studying is gone until Aug. 26th when I go back to school, chores, i do plenty of.

I love to post on this fourm because I actually am talking to Ferrari owners, and that is cool, so until school starts, ill be here a lot.

Its summer break, I dont have a job and during the day I am at home waiting to go work out at my school, so i tend to visit alot and make conversation. If you dont approve, look at some other topic when you see my posts :)

P.S. Dont worry about me, or my parents way of doing things, we are fine.

14. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    Do you know more about the 92? If he's selling or interested?

--Dan

15. Mule

Mule F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 25, 2003
    Alaska
    Full Name:
    Mule
    Alex,
    No CGT (Porsche), but three new Bentley GT's. Same Ferraris as the website. Couple of new t-shirts and polo shirts, but the Fila ones are very pricey.

16. Alex_V

Alex_V F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Apr 8, 2004
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    Alex

Well thats too bad, apparntly its now sold, so I guess Ill just have to see one some other time...quite a decieving descrption though...you would think it was there by what they said

P.S. Did you see the black 360 Modena that isnt listed on the sight? Very cool car

---------------------------
    2004 Porsche Carrera GT

Mileage: 116 Price: $499,000.00

Delivered by legit USA dealer two weeks ago, full 4-year factory warranty, absolutely as-new, complete with luggage, all books, etc. This is a real car available right now. One of only a couple double black ones imported

17. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    YES, PLEASE...! Serial number, assembly number, build date - whatever you have...! :)

Thank you...

18. Mule

Mule F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 25, 2003
    Alaska
    Full Name:
    Mule
    There was not a black 360 Modena. There was a red 360 CS, an Azzuro Blue 328, a Pozzi Blue 575, and a silver 575 that stood out. And my black 328.

19. 96cobrakid

96cobrakid Formula Junior

May 24, 2004
    St. Louis, Mo
    Full Name:
    Chris
    oklay, ill try to head up there monday and get you some info on the car. I don't know who's it is, but I will work on it. It is simply gorgious!

20. mchferrari

Jun 6, 2004
    Lawrence, KS
    Full Name:
    Matthew Holderbach
    I was at Bentley STL on Friday. I must say, it is a great place. They "only" had 8 Continental GT's when I was there. And that F40 was sitting in the back too. It was an Indiana plate with Motorcars International plate frame.

21. PCH

PCH F1 Rookie

Apr 7, 2004
    "P.S. Did you see the black 360 Modena that isnt listed on the sight? Very cool car"

Alex, What's the info. on this car??

22. mchferrari

Jun 6, 2004
    Lawrence, KS
    Full Name:
    Matthew Holderbach
    Hey 96cobrakid, was that your car parked in the service area? They had a white Cobra with a big double wing on the back. It was really souped up, I thought maybe it was yours?

23. Agent Smith

Agent Smith Formula 3

Apr 20, 2002
    Everytime I stop in Cauley Ferrari, I have always found friendly, courteous people (especially Dan Kizner - thanks Dan!) who will always take the time to talk about the cars. I know who will be getting my business when it's time to drop the coin.......

24. Alex_V

Alex_V F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Apr 8, 2004
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    Alex

Honestly, I have no info on the car :(, it was in the FoD showroom when I was there, gone when Mule went down, must of been a car they were holding for a little while until someone picked it up/