550 Barchetta Vs Murcielago Barchetta | FerrariChat

550 Barchetta Vs Murcielago Barchetta

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by WILLIAM H, Jul 2, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    Tough choice, which do you prefer ?

2. jimangle

jimangle F1 Rookie

Nov 5, 2003
    Haverford
    Full Name:
    James
    It depends on what you want. I would take the lambo, but they're totally different cars. The Ferrari seems like more of a luxury touring car then the lambo, so I guess it's what you're more into. If you're just going for looks and a top down, I'd go for the lambo.

3. WILLIAM H

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    Just to add to the confusion :)

4. AHMTHSSN

AHMTHSSN Karting

Apr 16, 2004
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    AH
    Not that tough really, I prefer the 550. I personally think that the Lambo will start to look dated after a few years like the Countach and the Diablo. The 550, like all Ferrari's, will look good even after 20 years.

5. jimangle

jimangle F1 Rookie

Nov 5, 2003
    Haverford
    Full Name:
    James
    I don't think the lambo will start to look dated. The anniversay countachs look dated because of the ground effects. The lp500 countachs without the ground effects and wing still look great. The interior of the countach looks a little dated because of the angles used in it, but it's not really a big deal.

6. jimangle

jimangle F1 Rookie

Nov 5, 2003
    Haverford
    Full Name:
    James
    What are the specs on the Zonda?

7. WILLIAM H

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    Pagani uses an MB 6.0 V8 I believe. The workmanship on the Pagani is far beyond the Ferrari or the Lambo. Pagani makes a lot of carbon fiber parts for Ferrari & Lambo

8. jimangle

jimangle F1 Rookie

Nov 5, 2003
    Haverford
    Full Name:
    James
    Since you already have a Ferrari and Lambo, go with the Pagani. Though the drivetrain sounds might not be as good.

9. WILLIAM H

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    actually, I plan on getting this after I get the F40

I'll wait for the price to soften more on the other cars :)

10. Looney

Looney F1 Rookie

Jul 1, 2004
    Gold Coast
    Full Name:
    BB
    Sorry, to be a pain,

but i may be talking out of my posterior here, but I thaught the Zonda had a 7 litre 12 cylinder Merc unit in it?

cheers

11. Looney

Looney F1 Rookie

Jul 1, 2004
    Gold Coast
    Full Name:
    BB
    Oh, and regarding the question at hand,

I prefer the Lambo, however depends what your after,

as we all know the long term resale on a Lambo cannot match that of an F car,

however I personally think that the 550 Barchetta is not the nicest F car around, But i dont have one because i cannot afford one, so i guess i shouldnt really comment.

Cheers

Again

12. WILLIAM H

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    You are probably correct

13. jimangle

jimangle F1 Rookie

Nov 5, 2003
    Haverford
    Full Name:
    James
    If you get an e-type, you won't need the other three. No it's not nearly as fast, or handle as well, but the e-type is a great open top gt car. I'm sure you know this by now. So you're getting an F-40. Do you really need our help in sellecting cars? Are you going to sell any of your current cars?

14. TomSilver

TomSilver Karting

Jan 26, 2004
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Back to topic: I prefer the 550 Barchetta, definitely. It's a very nice car. But not in that color :)

15. richard

richard Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Richard Thompson III
    In this order;

Zonda, Murcielago, 550

16. Mark(study)

Mark(study) F1 Veteran

Oct 13, 2001
    Clearwater, FL
    Full Name:
    Mark

17. Hands down no questions asked the Lambo.

18. scycle2020

scycle2020 F1 Rookie

Jan 26, 2004
    potomac
    you tell someone you have a zonda, and they think you said honda!!!! how are you supposed to pick up a hot chick with a car name like that.... now if you say, ferrari ...that flows off the tongue...she will melt in your arms !!!but seriously, i have driventhe 550 b, its a very nice car, but i actually perfer driving the 360spider, and it has a real top and better body structure and is mor efun to drive...the murci is a beast, i love the coupe, perhaps my favorite car....i am sure the conv will be very nice btu i wish it had a real top... i would but the coupe and with money i save, buy a 355 spider for sunny days

19. Bimmerista

Bimmerista Formula 3

Feb 7, 2004
    Carrollton, TX
    Full Name:
    Mike
    And if you say Lamborghini, she'll pull your pants down herself & get to work!

But on a serious note, the Ferrari & Lamborghini are two very different cars, but if I had to choose, it'd be the Lamborghini b/c of the more modern design. Granted, the Ferrari Barchetta is meant to be a classic & its a magnificent car, but I like to live for the here & now.

20. Exactly what I would do get a Murci and for the sunny days get a nice 355 drop top or a 360. The Murci barchetta is hot never the less though.

21. coolestkidever

coolestkidever F1 Veteran

Feb 28, 2004
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    The Barchetta is one of my favorrite cars so i gotta stick with that.

22. rmk

rmk Formula 3

Mar 24, 2002
    I'll take the Lambo on this one. the 550 is a great car, no doubt about it, but with the soft top nowhere in sight. i don't care for the factory one (UGH) or the various aftermarket versions. the Murci will actually drive will drive with the top on. does anyone know if it is auto? hard to judge by the one photo.

the picture of the black murci is pure sex. makes me think...

take care

23. vraa

vraa F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Mr. A
    Murice

The Zonda is a 7 Liter AMG tuned engine.

24. Z0RR0

Z0RR0 F1 Rookie

Apr 11, 2004
    Montreal, Canada
    Full Name:
    Julien
    7.3L for the S :). They now have their own custom transmission too. Basically the same car as the Chrysler ME-412 (which is no more than a re-bodied/turboed Zonda ... look at the interior, ****ty plastics, same shape!)

Zonda? Honda? I personally care less what people think. But I have to admit I'd like saying I have a Pagani, people will have no frickin idea what car it is (even car crazy people here barely know the specs), thus will make no social symbol statements. I like that.

For you Zonda lovers (loads slowly, but damn worth it :)) -> http://bbs.carword.com/uploadfile/2...51994527520.jpg
    http://bbs.carword.com/uploadfile/2...51995929496.jpg

25. WILLIAM H

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    Horacio Pagani also designed the Chrysler ME-412