Interesting reaction to my Ferrari today.....!! | FerrariChat

Interesting reaction to my Ferrari today.....!!

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by ExoticRobert, Jul 1, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ExoticRobert

ExoticRobert Formula Junior

Nov 5, 2003
    Mukilteo, Washington
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Just had to post this!!

Flying down I-5 in the fast lane I came up on a car which moved out of my way! I looked over and a VERY nice looking lady was just smilling ear to ear, I smilled back and got off the next exit. I looked in my mirror and here comes this lady right behind me, then moved to my left side at the light. She slide over and said " I just have to tell you that I love you!!" Than I said I love you to, I guess she caught me by surprise, and she was not UGLY!!! And than she asked if she could take my picture, which she did, than smiled and drove off!!

I was having a bad day up untill than, I even told my wife about it, well most of it, she just shook her head, but I thought it was cool...man I love my F-car, it can turn a bad day into a good one fast!!! :)
    Robert

2. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    Over the years, I've had similar experiences.

Wildest one was when I was driving my 'Roller'. I was stopped in traffic in the nightclub district in Chicago.

A girl came running over to the car and tried to open the passenger door. She was screaming, "I want to go with you, I don't care where, I just want to go with you!!"

Weird thing was, she was with a guy........I guess she planned on leaving him behind.

I've owned high-profile cars for years, and have a lot of stories to tell.

3. ExoticRobert

ExoticRobert Formula Junior

Nov 5, 2003
    Mukilteo, Washington
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Hey I like that one!!!! :) That guy must have felt like crap???? It's just something about the prancing horse....

4. matkat

matkat Formula 3

Mar 18, 2003
    Scotland
    Full Name:
    Dave McGuire
    My car gets a lot of attention but unfortunately that is where it ends.Damn!!!!

5. thecarreaper

thecarreaper F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
    well ive driven my car forr the first and second time this week, just around my mall town while i am fine tuneing it, i had a group of cheerleaders practicing in a field CHARGE at the car as i came to a stop sign." holy sheet.......... is that a FUR AWW RY??!!!! i cant wait to see what its like to go into town with it!!!

6. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo
    Welcome to the show Michael!
    No girls run up but I usually get smiles and thumbs up.
    I had a super bike of some kind come up from behind me at 100+ slowing down next to me, revving his engine. He pulls out ahead of me and looks back. I just shake my head no and give him the peace sign. He flashes one back and takes off FAST! I know better. NEVER race a bike unless you are in an Enzo

7. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    ahhhhhhhhh, cheerleaders!!!! :)

Parade tomorrow......we'll see..............

8. Smiles

Smiles F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 20, 2003
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Full Name:
    Matt F
    "Dear Penthouse Forum,

"I never thought that it would happen to me, but..."

;)

9. Oblio

Oblio Karting

May 9, 2004
    Puget Sound, WA
    Full Name:
    Todd R
    Well, where do I start. I had a guy at the corner of a busy street with one of those card board signs give me the thumbs up. There was the similar motor cycle story on the freeway with a guy pulling on his super bike and scoping me out then speeding off after several miles. The Mustang Cobra that was revving at the stop light, he beat me badly of course since I just drove normal. There was the time my wife was driving and this tuner car followed us for several mile. My wife was a bit nervous and would not look. They were giving the thumbs up and she felt better after that. Most memorable was being flashed by a couple of college women at a stop light.

You get used to it after a while.

10. Ashman

Ashman Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2002
    MA
    Full Name:
    John
    These are great stories! And women complain that MEN are shallow and superficial!

LOL

John

11. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    Tell more! Tell more! Tell more!

12. SoFlaNSX

SoFlaNSX Karting

Mar 3, 2004
    Don't even get me started on how many people (especially young kids and teenage girls) have said "Wow!!! Look at that Ferrari!!" I just kinda chuckle and correct them if I'm out of the car and able to talk.

One time, I had a girl run up to the car while I was driving home down the beach. I was like "Can I help you?" She told me she loved me and my car and wanted to marry me. I told her I'm engaged and she said "how about a mistress?" I laughed and and told her that the car is my mistress!! (a quip from my NSX buddy Armando, who's car is called "MSTRES"

Another time, I got a ticket for illegally parking and the ticket said "Make: Acura; Model: Corvett" (spelled like that).

Last one: When all my friends came down for spring break last year from college, two girls that I always had a huge crush on came over and we hung out down at Beachplace. They asked about my mustang and I told them I sold it and told them I got an NSX...they didn't know what it was so I took them to the parking garage later and showed them. They had been drinking a bit and the two of them got in the passenger seat together and asked for a ride. I started it and revv'd it a bit but that was it. I look over after I turned the car off and they just started MAKING OUT WITH EACH OTHER. I was like "Oh...man...wtf...can I join??" But then I remembered the whole engaged thing...grrrrr.

13. coachi

coachi Formula 3

May 1, 2002
    SC USA
    I have owned and still own several exotics, dating back to the early sixtees, started with several E Type Jaguars and moved onto Porsches and then finally settled on Ferraris. I have had an F car or two ever since 1983. Nothing out of the ordinary like you guys describe ever happened. Yes people honk, give me thumbs up and kids surround my car when I park it at the club sometimes, and they all say what year is this Ferrari...but no one has ever ...well...I guess some guys are luckier than others. :)

14. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
    A few years back,an ex-client on mine's then wife waved down a fellow in a Porsche TT in the Atlanta area and gave him fellatio on the side of the interstate. She apparently liked Porsches. That ex-client is now in prison for hiring a hit man, who was also his divorce lawyer and is also now in prison, who killed her and cut up her body and stuffed it in a box. He was caught while landing his small plane with no lights at a small field in South Georgia. He had planned to dump her body in the swamp for gator food. Now that's a full service attorney!

15. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    sorry coachi! darn the hard luck!

When conversation of my car turns to cost, I always make the joke that it ended my first marriage...but that my love life IN THE CAR has been better than in the 12 years I was with her.......

always brings a knowing chuckle from the elementary school teachers......

16. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Great story Frank!!!!

No F car though, a small oversight....good story though.

All that over a BJ or were there other issues? lol

17. Tod328gts

Tod328gts Formula Junior

Jul 23, 2003
    River Forest, IL
    Full Name:
    Tod Whitmore
    Great Stories.... I don't have any that good yet, maybe someday...

One thing i have noticed, people tell me i got a real good Chick magnet here, i had to correct them that it's not. Chicks ussually don't know what this car is, unless there boyfriend with them notices it. This car has only attracted middle aged men and young boys... HAH!! Well, i have had some girls look at it, but never approach and ask about it.

My girlfriend calls my F-Car a love/hate relationship. She hates the noise and how loud it is, but loves the attention it draws....

18. Kevallino

Kevallino Formula 3

Feb 10, 2004
    Mid-Ohio
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    As I explained to my wife the other day, women should work out that men who buy themselves Ferraris like to spend money on spoiling THEMSELVES, not on spoiling other women.

This was only a couple of days ago but it is working so far.

Mind you I haven't been flagged down for oral ministrations, but I haven't had the car very long either.

Cheers
    Kevin

19. F308 MAN

F308 MAN F1 Rookie

Jan 19, 2004
    Isle of Man
    Full Name:
    Dave S
    Then you all woke up and ate your Corn Flakes !!!

20. LAfun2

LAfun2 Three Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Kevin,

Women are not very logical creatures. That can be advantageous to us men in various ways. ;)

21. LAfun2

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan
  22. Kevallino

Kevallino Formula 3

Feb 10, 2004
    Mid-Ohio
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    That is precisely why my explanation to my better half is working, Grasshopper.

Cheers
    Kevin

23. LAfun2

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan

I am learning from you, jedi master :D

24. GoFerrari28

GoFerrari28 Formula 3

Jun 16, 2004
    Ridgemont, CA
    Full Name:
    Jeff Spicoli
    I had a girl at the gas station come running out of the store to look at my car. She was really cute but I was seeing someone so I might have made the move. I usually get these kids in their fart-can hondas coming up to me wanting to race. Road and Track summed it up pretty good:

25. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Filling the Dino up this afternoon at the Sunoco. Two guys in a white van pull up at the MAC machine, they are staring at the car. Finally one asks, "What is that?

"72 Ferrari Dino", I reply.

Guy looks at his pal, says, "See, told you it wasn't no Corvette!" then yells to me, "Need any giant speakers?"

"Where the hell would I put them?" I ask.

"Got a couple extra sets the boss put on the truck by mistake, I could follow you and dee-liver 'um", says the driver.

"Ummm, gee, thanks, but I don't really need any more speakers at home"

"Didn't really think so, what with that car and all", was his reply, and he sped off from the MAC machine, smiling and waving.

So, no women with offers to delight, but I did get a proposition of a sort today, which my wife found wildly amusing.