Let's GO LANCE | FerrariChat

Let's GO LANCE

Discussion in 'Sports' started by racerx, Jul 2, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. racerx

racerx Guest

Nov 23, 2003
    Tour de france starts tomorrow. Lance is one of the greatest athletes to ever walk the earth and a great inspiration. There is quite a bit of drama in what most of us have never witnessed in person.
    T

2. Rexcoltrain

Rexcoltrain Formula Junior

Nov 6, 2003
    Oahu, Hawaii
    Can't wait until he reaches Paris with number 6 in his grasp. That's one record that will stand for a long time!

3. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    An amazing guy for sure.....

DL

4. matterhorn762

matterhorn762 Formula Junior

Apr 19, 2004
    Tennessee
    Good luck to him! I read his book last year - he's a great man beyond just the headlines.

5. TestShoot

TestShoot F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2003
    Beverly Hills
    Go Jan Ulrich! Go Tyler Hamilton!!! and props to my New York homeboy and Postal member George Hincapie!

Lance will be 3rd or 4th, just watch, they changed everything this year, the team time trial sliding scale is bs, if you win by 5 mins, you should win by 5 mins, not be awarded 3 mins if you arwe say 20 behind. It is like mini golf and not being allowed to fall below 5 strokes per hole.

6. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    Yep, the state of TEXAS will be watching this race again.

7. ralessi

ralessi Formula 3

May 26, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Rikk
    Lance seems like the type of guy to me that will finish first, or will have something huge go wrong and finish 20th or something. Who knows though.

I was wondering if one of the pro or ex pro cyclers here good chime in with some explanation of the strategy that goes on. I don't really get where the team comes in and how they help by starting fast then slowing down etc.

8. TestShoot

TestShoot F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2003
    Beverly Hills
    some strategies:

-you have folks that allow your team captain to draft off you to save energy
    -he blows a tire and a 'domestique' hops off and gives you his
    -there are 'breakwaways' and often you send a rider up for recon, if they are getting to far ahead, he will not go to the front to allow others to draft off him, becoming deadweight, often breakaways rotate the front man to a rested rider for keeping up top speed.
    --when in a team time trial the team rotates the front guy to fresh legs, you save roughly 20-30% more energy when you are drafting so that rest helps a lot over several miles
    -the 'road block' method where team members will slow down the peloton (main pack of riders)

these are just a few, sometimes in the past there were kamakaze riders that crashed intentionally,. but they pretty much get banned for that action any more.

9. VROOM!!!

VROOM!!! Formula 3

Feb 11, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Armen
    My brother is a pro road biker. He raced agains Lances team-mate a few days ago and he got 4th (one in back of Lances team-mate). As much as he likes Lance he said that he might loose this year. If he wins it will be 6 IN A ROW!!!

GO LANCE!

PS: anyone ever watch the movie "Breaking away"? Great movie!