stradale v gallardo in maxim | FerrariChat

stradale v gallardo in maxim

Discussion in '360/430' started by 95spiderman, Jul 2, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    just read maxim mag's review of a few cars including track tests by dario frascetti. seems gallardo was about 2-3 sec off his time in stradiale on same track (i think laguna seca but not sure), same day. i believe was 1.22 vs 1.25 but will have to check for specifics. this surprised me somewhat. i wonder what fchaters times are at this track vs pros.

2. Gary(SF)

Gary(SF) F1 Rookie

Oct 13, 2003
    Los Altos Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Gary B.
    Those times seem way too fast for Laguna. Must be somewhere else.

Gary

3. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    took place at california speedway. gallardo did 1.24.3 and stradale 1.22.1. Is this an oval course? nascar teams were said to be there at same time. i know weight reduction is more important than hp/torque on a road course but id think hp wins on an oval.

4. Gary(SF)

Gary(SF) F1 Rookie

Oct 13, 2003
    Los Altos Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Gary B.
    Like Indy, they have a road course infield.

Gary

5. LouB

LouB Formula 3

Apr 15, 2001
    FL, OR
    At last weeks Pocono event, The Gallardo's were easily pulling away from my 360 and other 360's down the long straights. Nothing like an extra 100 shp! They looked about equal through the short twisty infield. Don't see how the Stradale could make a big difference down the straights but probably would be quicker in the twisties.

The 360C's were even struggling to keep the big Murci's in sight down the straight but looked quicker in the infield.

6. scycle2020

scycle2020 F1 Rookie

Jan 26, 2004
    potomac
    the cs is noticably quicker than a 360 and handles better

7. HoboPie

HoboPie Karting

Apr 16, 2004
    The CS in top form is actually very quick. In the recent Best Motoring video they compare the 360 CS and Gallardo in top speed after a single oval lap, standing quarter mile and a rolling start though I'm not sure what distance. '

The 360 CS won each test.

8. SkizoACE

SkizoACE Formula Junior

Mar 24, 2004
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    Dario races for Acura...and he tested the RamSRT10...and the Gallardo is fast...so is the Stradale...

9. Aradune

Aradune Karting

Jul 11, 2004
    San Diego
    Which issue (month/year) of the video was it?

thanks,