Exchange program, info on Claremont | FerrariChat

Exchange program, info on Claremont

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by Sharky, Jun 29, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Sharky

Sharky Formula Junior

Sep 14, 2002
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Bart Boonacker
    Hello everybody,

I'm participating in a youth exchange (well youth, i'm 21) this summer and I will stay with a host family in Claremont from july 10th till july 24th. After that stay I'm going to a camp, teresita pines for 3 weeks.

I was wondering, does anyone of you know some nice places to go during my stay in Claremont ? I have some time to myself, so I would like to see some interesting, if possible, Ferrari-places.

I got some of the touristic information about the city etc. but I would like to receive some information of the people that have been/live there.

Thanks in advance,

Bart Boonacker

2. tubeguy

tubeguy Formula 3

May 21, 2003
    Upland California
    Full Name:
    Kevin Deal
    Claremont is wonderful...very liberal arts Birkenstock and turtlenecks crowd. Get your dreds out. I think you can get to LA from the train station right there. No Ferrari type stuff in the immediate area. It is a college town...but you know that. Home of some of the finest schools in the world.

Get to old town Pasadena and Venice Beach.

3. Sharky

Sharky Formula Junior

Sep 14, 2002
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Bart Boonacker
    Thanks for this info, I'll see if I can buy a dred-cap :)

I just received an email that I will also be staying in Los Gatos.
    Great to see there's a ferrari dealer there. Anyone knows other places to go there ?

4. ROGUE GTS

ROGUE GTS Formula Junior

May 24, 2004
    Kalifornia
    Well there is the NHRA museum in pomona, as well I know there is a good amount of stuff going on in the local areas. Upland is somewhat of a party town, and there is always a good amount of stuff going on in the San Dimas/Glendora area for night life. Being only 21 you should have no problem finding tons of stuff to fill you time.

Where in Claremont are you staying? my g/f parents live in Upland off Mountain and 24th, we might be up in the area.

5. Sharky

Sharky Formula Junior

Sep 14, 2002
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Bart Boonacker
    I beleive I'm staying on Wells Ave. I will be there the last two weeks, the first two of august.

6. jbjavaheri

jbjavaheri Karting

Mar 4, 2004
    West L.A.
    Full Name:
    Jason
    I was born in Claremont, 1981. Thank God my parents decided to move to West L.A. Great colleges there but don't really know what the fu*k people do there!!!!!!! Sorry man. Definitely try to visit Venice Beach, Santa Monica, Beverly Hills, which not only has nice car dealerships with Ferraris etc but also because you'll see the best display of exotic sports cars by just driving around!!! I love L.A.

7. superyota

superyota Formula Junior

Mar 29, 2004
    Newport Beach
    I was just in Claremont yesterday and it is very liberal and not a place for Ferrari people...It is not a bad place but I would go to LA or Newport beach if you want to have fun.

8. Bryan

Bryan Formula 3

???

9. Nibblesworth

Nibblesworth Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 29, 2002
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    BillyBoy
    Funny - I live off of Mountain and 24th as well. Small world!

I lived in Claremont for a long time. The politics suck there, but I couldn't care less. Great town with amazing property values, zero crime, four amazing colleges (Pitzer is a crap school), and a very nifty little downtown area.

Enjoy!

10. Sully

Sully Rookie

Nov 17, 2003
    Laguna Niguel
    Full Name:
    Barry Sullivan
    I grew up in Clareville! Graduated Claremont High 1978, moved the heck out. Used to be real smoggy, still too hot. Downtown is still full of liberals, reminds me of Laguna, but in the "Valley". I still go up about once a month for a Mt Baldy run in my Viper. If you go early morning the cops don't really seem to care. Anything after 8 am be carefull and watch your speed.

Good luck!

11. Sharky

Sharky Formula Junior

Sep 14, 2002
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Bart Boonacker
    Thanks for the info.
    I'm now staying in Los Gatos, pretty nice place. The dealer here isn't a official Ferrari Dealer, but he has a bunch of Ferrari's.

He was kind enough to let me wonder around, let me sit in a 575, popped the hood of 360 with Tubi and he started a 348.

Next week I'll be visiting Claremont, looking forward to that.
    I'll see if we can get to Beverly Hills and Venice Beach.

Personally I don't really care about the politics, because I'm there only for two weeks, but I'll keep it in the back of my mind.

Maybe I'll see some Ferrari's driving around, like we did here. Saw a nice black 512 TR, and a 360.

12. ROGUE GTS

ROGUE GTS Formula Junior

May 24, 2004
    Kalifornia
    If you want to check out some nice cars and the best beaches in cali head down to New Port, and the general south county area. If you just want to hang out Sunset Beach is the best, small very private with out a lot of people around. Jesse James lives right on the beach there, pretty sure he still has the silver 360.