550 ECU remapping | FerrariChat

550 ECU remapping

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by stephens, Jul 3, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. stephens

stephens F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Feb 13, 2004
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Stephen S
    Just remapped the ECU today saw a further power increase of 18kW at the rear wheel. Will post dyno graphs tomorrow.

2. ferrarifixer

ferrarifixer F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 22, 2003
    Melbourne
    Full Name:
    Phil Hughes
    Great news.....I'll be your next customer.

Do you have total access or do you have to "send them somewhere"....

For my engine I may need to play around a bit to get the best from the new port and valve profiles......

3. stephens

stephens F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Feb 13, 2004
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Stephen S
    Total access. The guy we bought the equipment off originally tried to do it, but couldn't, I worked out fairly quickly that he didn't actually know what he was doing, he was trying to "read" the wrong chip!
    EDIT: We can do 355's and 360's too.

4. ferrarifixer

ferrarifixer F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 22, 2003
    Melbourne
    Full Name:
    Phil Hughes
    Great. Order your helicopter and lear jet now. you're gonna be seriously busy.

I've got 360 ECU requests coming out my ears, but to be honest 355 has been tried with very little proven gain...but I'd like to see your figures.

I saw a silver 550 going round the block on Friday that I didn't recognise...was that you looking for me?

5. garysp7

garysp7 Formula Junior

Mar 28, 2004
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Gary
    Can you explain just exactly what you are doing with the electronic chip in a 550. I race ducati motorcycles and we just pull out the chip and replace with it with another chip that we purchase from Ferrachi that is mapped differently.
    Are you reprogramming the stock chip in the car for the timing and fuel? Do you loe your initial factory programming then? Are there more than one programs within the stock chip and you are just selecting a different program already resident in the chip? I was wondering since Ferraris are so individual by country, I thought maybe all the chips had maybe country codes or something to choose which country it was going to to rather than have different chips for each country?
    I also wondered if you change the rear exhaust and the central resonator and crossover pipe is it necesary to remap the chip?
    Gary

6. F456 V12

F456 V12 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2004
    Coto de Caza
    Full Name:
    Christian
    can you do a 456GT?

Pls advise,

MB

7. stephens

stephens F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Feb 13, 2004
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Stephen S
    No, mine is the black one, I'll drop by on Monday.