F40 or CS???? | FerrariChat

F40 or CS????

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by yimn, Jul 3, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. yimn

yimn Karting

Nov 2, 2003
    Hong Kong
    Full Name:
    Nick Yim
    I have been driving my CS for almost 7 months with 5000 km on it. Wonderful car. But I am thinking about trading it in for a F40. To me, the F40 looks a lot more aggressive and unique. Much more difficult to drive than the CS but also more fun, I believe.

Want to hear opinion from all of you.

2. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    F40 is the real deal & a classic, CS is ok but not a classic

3. Looney

Looney F1 Rookie

Jul 1, 2004
    Gold Coast
    Full Name:
    BB
    Yeah, the f40 is a keeper, the CS is just a sporty model of the 360 (thats not to say its not terrific, or one of the hottest cars around, its just not as serioius as an F 40)

i know which i would prefer long term.

Cheers

4. MY355

MY355 Formula Junior

Feb 4, 2004
    NYC and AZ
    Not to sound dumb but what is a CS??

5. 96impalaSS

96impalaSS F1 Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Challenge Stradale.

I'd take the F40 over a CS any day of the week. It is my favortie Ferrari after all.

6. Robb

Robb Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    The question is, Do you want the showstopping attention of the F40?

Robb Williamson

7. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    DO THE F40!!! It's THE ULTIMATE!!!!!

8. Jimmy540i

Jimmy540i Formula 3
    BANNED

Jan 11, 2004
    Los Angeles / NYC
    Full Name:
    www.Jimmy540i.com
    F40, drove it once. Pure Ferrari supercar w/ a turbo whine.... No CS or any 360 can touch that

9. jrs

jrs Formula 3

Jun 14, 2003
    UK
    Full Name:
    James S
    This decision should take about 20 milliseconds. The F40 is the finest looking sports car ever made. It is raw , pure Ferrari at its best. Wish I had yor dilema !

James

10. ze_shark

ze_shark Formula 3

Jul 13, 2003
    Switzerland (NW)
    20ms assuming that you know clearly what you're gonna do with the car.

Trackday car ? The F40 is certainly more exotic, but it seems it's not faster (http://ferrarichat.com/forum/showpost.php?p=14233&postcount=13) and I wonder if the turbo lag does not get in the way of the driving pleasure.

Week-end touring and occasional commuting car ? F40 must be a total pain.

I'd love to have an F40, but I wonder what I'd end up doing with it.

11. udalmia

udalmia Guest

F40 hands down dont even think twice!

Correct me If I'm wrong but arent you the dude who was looking at a f50 sometime back? :)

12. Tubi

Tubi Formula Junior

Jul 1, 2004
    Athens
    Full Name:
    Hari
    I have been fortunate enough to have been in an F40 and it is something i dont think ill forget in a hurry! the design, raw appeal, and of course the noise!!

Go with the F40, a true legend without a doubt!

13. andrewg

andrewg F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Sep 10, 2002
    Chester, England
    Full Name:
    AndrewG
    Depends on what scale your looking to get, the F40 looks fantastic in 1:8 scale but the CS looks better in 1:43

14. yimn

yimn Karting

Nov 2, 2003
    Hong Kong
    Full Name:
    Nick Yim
    Thanks for the reply. I am the one who was looking for a F50 and I found one. In fact, I am taking delivery of the car next week. I posted some photos a few days ago in the Super Ferrari section. After my searching exercise for the F50, the CS does seem a bit "normal" to me compared to the F40 and the value of the two cars are not huge. THat's what gets me thinking about swapping from CS for the F40. Emotional factors aside, would the F40 owners come out and share your thought on the techincal side of things, please.

15. SrfCity

SrfCity F1 World Champ

For me F40=old school......what can I say I prefer newer and improved technology.

16. coachi

coachi Formula 3

May 1, 2002
    SC USA
    I have always wanted to buy an F-40, ever since I saw it displayed in the Ferrrari Club of America concourse in Atlanta in 1989 (?), as it is indeed an awesome looking car. And one day soon, I will buy one, I hope. Having said that, and having never driven one, I think I will be the lone voice in the wilderness saying keep what you have. Modern cars run much better and are more user friendly. Just comapring the Maranello and the Daytona, I much prefer to drive the former. The latter is nice to look at and is vintage, sounds great etc...but the maranello is more fun to drive for me. My 2 cents worth :)

17. Yock

Yock Rookie

May 12, 2004
    Full Name:
    Ryan Yockey
    In my opinion I would go for the F40 if you wanted a very exotic and older fcar to drive, and I would choose the 360cs if you wanted a more care-free fcar to drive. I personally love the F40 and being one of the last cars Enzo himself helped design, I would personally go with the F40. Thats just me.

-Ryan

18. steve f

steve f F1 World Champ

Mar 15, 2004
    12cylinder town
    Full Name:
    steve
    f40 is a fantastic car but not an everyday user where the 360cs is so it depends on what you are going to be doing with the car plus the 360cs will not hold its value like a f40

19. Omerta

Omerta Formula Junior

Jan 10, 2004
    lol, thats what I was thinking!

20. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    F-40 all they way...If you want a car that you are apart of as in, shifting your own gears, using a clutch, and really getting into the entire Ferrari driving experiance, then the F-40 is what Ferrari is all about. It does not have abs, no traction control no f1 gear box. It's just you and your abilities as a driver that determine how the car performs and the numbers on the track you turn.

The F-40 is the last of the true Ferrari's IMHO. The newer stuff is just too easy to drive, anybody with 250k can go and buy a CS and drive around a track and go fast. But the F-40 requires skill and an awearness to keep the thing moving and going straight. If your looking for a car to drive on the street..the F-40 is not really a car for this, alothough you can do it.

But for pure enjoyment and driver satifaction and wanting to get out there and prefect that perfect downshift, and just practice stepping the tail out just right, there would be nothing that a newer Ferrari can offer at this point that would even come close.

21. jeff

jeff Formula 3

Feb 19, 2001
    North America
    Where is Tim G's opinion on this? He's the only one I know who presently owns a CS, F40 and Enzo.

22. Ferrari0324

Ferrari0324 F1 Rookie

Mar 20, 2004
    Full Name:
    Brandon
    The CS is a beautiful car and definitely powerful. But there's nothing like the F40's twin turbo setup, and is the one car that everyone will look at including every Ferrari show you go to.

23. DodgeViper01

DodgeViper01 F1 Veteran

Oct 1, 2003
    All depends on what you want. If you are looking for a "modern" car then go with the Stradale but if you are looking for more "raw, supercar" feel then go with the F40.

24. Ken

Ken F1 World Champ

Oct 19, 2001
    Arlington Heights IL
    Full Name:
    Kenneth
    This is dumb. Have you driven an F 40? If not, go drive one. If it's not patently obvious you should have it, then there's no need for further debate. Unless you have the $$$$$$ for an Enzo.

Ken

25. sparta49

sparta49 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 3, 2001
    LA
    Full Name:
    Frank