Just saw Spider-Man 2, did you notice on the last scene...more | FerrariChat

Just saw Spider-Man 2, did you notice on the last scene...more

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by Tifoso1, Jul 4, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Tifoso1

Tifoso1 F1 Rookie

Nov 18, 2003
    Pacific NW
    Full Name:
    Anthony C.
    As Spider-Man headed out follow the sound of the sirens, and Mary-Jane comes to the windows to watch him, the reflections on the window is reflection of WTC site on 9/11. If I am right about this, kudos to Marvel, the studios for this tribute, nicely done.

2. matterhorn762

matterhorn762 Formula Junior

Apr 19, 2004
    Tennessee
    I wouldn't watch that movie if you paid me $100

3. Brigitte

Brigitte Guest

Jan 16, 2004
    Redondo Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Brigitte
    Really? why not? If someone offers you a $100 to watch it I'll go in your place for $99! hehahahahahahehehahhe

4. matterhorn762

Apr 19, 2004
    Tennessee
    It's a deal. I just can't stand watching crap. Spending a lot of money on marketing and special effects doesn't fool me.

5. Schatten

Schatten F1 World Champ
    Owner

Apr 3, 2001
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Randy
    notta. sorry, it isn't the WTC area in the reflection.

6. DrStranglove

DrStranglove FChat Assassin
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Google Maps
    Full Name:
    DrS

Just courious but what films do you think are worth your money?

7. matterhorn762

Apr 19, 2004
    Tennessee
    There are many movies that I would classify as loving, liking, and tolerating. But they all have good characters and a plot that doesn't belong on the back of a cereal box.

Paying for a movie like Spiderman 2 and dedicating an evening of my life to watching it makes me feel like a tool of an industry which writes an overnight script only after the marketing spins are developed.

8. Tifoso1

Tifoso1 F1 Rookie

Nov 18, 2003
    Pacific NW
    Full Name:
    Anthony C.
    Thank you for sharing your thoughts, but did you just so happen to notice the title of the thread, it is not asking the fellow members for their opinion on the movie or any movie in general? Live out your life anyway you wish to live, but to jump down on one movie without even seeing it is a little harsh and somewhat ignorant, don't you think? Regards.

9. Tifoso1

Tifoso1 F1 Rookie

Nov 18, 2003
    Pacific NW
    Full Name:
    Anthony C.
    Really, that what I thought I saw. Oh well, I guess I will just have to wait for the DVD to come out to be sure about this then. Thanks.

10. DrStranglove

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Google Maps
    Full Name:
    DrS

Ok, but why did you avoid my question? Could you answer it please?

DrS

11. matterhorn762

Apr 19, 2004
    Tennessee
    No.

12. matterhorn762

Apr 19, 2004
    Tennessee
    There are hundreds of movies worthy of my money, so I really didn't know how to answer your question. I could tell you some my favorite movies of all time, if that would do it for you. In no particular order; Godfather, Braveheart, Heat, Ronin, Unforgiven, Saving Private Ryan, Full Metal Jacket, Last of the Mohicans, Platoon, Fistful of Dollars, Apocalypse Now.

13. Schatten

Schatten F1 World Champ
    Owner

Apr 3, 2001
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Randy
    I've tried to catch some screen caps. Notta luck so far. I'll try again a little later, post F1-replay.

14. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Spider Man has been a comic book character for some 40 or so years... That's a REALLY BIG cereal box back to put a plot on... Spider Man is HUGE... Stan Lee, Marvel, Todd McFarlane, these are folks who brought Spider Man into the homes of MILLIONS, for generations...

You don't like it or will never see it...? That's cool, i have my own opinions on movies, too... No sweat... But Spider Man isn't some half-wit, dreamed-up notion of crap... It's been a successful comic book (actually about 6 different monthly series of comic books) for MANY years...

15. Aureus

Aureus Formula 3

And don't forget the three morning cartoon shows

16. Jimmy540i

Jimmy540i Formula 3
    BANNED

Jan 11, 2004
    Los Angeles / NYC
    Full Name:
    www.Jimmy540i.com
    I know how you feel, I got the EXACT same feeling towards the Harry Potter / Home Alone / Lord of the Rings crap...

I love Spiderman though...

17. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
    In addition, Spiderman/Peter Parker has always been perhaps one of the most complicated characters in the MARVEL universe. He's carrying a heavy load of guilt and responsibilities, not simply a 'good guy'. Similarly, the 'bad guys' in this series are human too, with conflicts, problems, and (to their eyes) logical reasons for what they do. Fantastic Four this ain't. And please don't confuse that horrible 70s TV series with Iceman and Firestar(?) with the original product.

The movies have thus far been very true to the spirit and feel of the comics, the acting is actually pretty good (especially Otto in this one) and the effects are classic comic physics. I haven't read comics in probably 15 years, but I really was excited about this movie and it's prequel.

Good stuff.

18. Tifoso1

Tifoso1 F1 Rookie

Nov 18, 2003
    Pacific NW
    Full Name:
    Anthony C.
    I wouldn't even bother replying to him if I were you, not worth the time and effort. He appears to be a rather opinionated, close minded individual with an over-righteous God-complex personality. All this is little scary considering the fact that he holds the rank of a Captain in the army.

19. matterhorn762

Apr 19, 2004
    Tennessee
    Yes, I see you already know the inner mind of me very well, and you haven't formed a rigid opinion on your own yet or come to snappy conclusions based on a few lines taken out of context. Ever looked in the mirror?

20. matterhorn762

Apr 19, 2004
    Tennessee
    I had no comments about the cartoons, comic books, or its fans... just the low quality film adaptation.

We don't all agree on movies... some people just get offended when somebody offers a different opinion then them sometimes.

21. Hehe... I agree

22. Tifoso1

Tifoso1 F1 Rookie

Nov 18, 2003
    Pacific NW
    Full Name:
    Anthony C.
    I wouldn't bother to get into your inner mind if you paid me $100, not worth the effort. :)

You were the one that came into this thread with a chip on the shoulder. Have an opinion is one thing, but coming into a public forum to criticize something that you know nothing about and acting as if you are so " above it all" IS a sign of ignorance. Who knows what other prejudicial opinions or mis-guided ideologies you also hold within your inner mind. That is something that perhaps you and your psychiatrist should explore during your weekly timed session.

23. matterhorn762

Apr 19, 2004
    Tennessee
    I stated my opinon on a hollywood movie... I think it's quite a sign of immaturity for you to start passing out personal attacks. It's a good thing I didn't offend your comic book collection, else all hell would have broken loose.

24. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Hey, if the Captain doesn't like the movie, that's good enough for me. Maybe it's just me, but I'd be careful about getting into a pissing contest with a Special Forces guy. Having grown up around these guys, I'm a Navy brat, I'm glad that they are on our side. I actually feel sorry for the other side.

Dr "Go Navy!" Tax

25. DrStranglove

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Google Maps
    Full Name:
    DrS
    I was in 2nd recon, 24th MEU(SOC), in the corps before getting moved to WMD for the Dept of Homeland Defence. Does that count??

:p