348 A/C | FerrariChat

348 A/C

Discussion in '348/355' started by vegashorse, Jul 1, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. vegashorse

vegashorse Rookie

May 19, 2004
    las vegas
    Full Name:
    joe caramagno
    DOES ANY ONE HAVE A 348 A/C THAT BLOWS SUPERCOLD? MINE BLOWS MODERATELY COLD, ONLY ALTHOUGH TEMPS TEND TO SIZZLE HERE IN THE SUMMER, ANY TIPS TO IMPROVE IT, I JUST HAD IT FULLY CHARGED

2. sparta49

sparta49 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 3, 2001
    LA
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Make sure the insulation is still wrapped around the expansion valve, mine had dropped down

3. vegashorse

vegashorse Rookie

May 19, 2004
    las vegas
    Full Name:
    joe caramagno
  4. Husker

Husker F1 World Champ

Dec 31, 2003
    western hemisphere
    Trust me, if your Ferrari is blowing "moderately cold", you're way ahead of most. These machines are notorious for providing a rather "unfriendly" climate for occupants - stiff seating, poor lumbar support, embarrassing radios, slow windows, dim dash lighting, melting trim, and of course, feeble air conditioners.

You're paying for one luxury when you buy a Ferrari - that beast of bolts stowed in the aft.

5. sparta49

sparta49 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 3, 2001
    LA
    Full Name:
    Frank
    I drove my 348 from New Orleans to Mobile yesterday in the middle of the day and the cabin stayed very comfortable temp wise, my windows go up and down with out the problems I had in my 308 also, now the lumbar did leave a little to be desired.....

6. Ksullender

Ksullender Formula Junior

Sep 3, 2003
    USA
    With the windows up (for those who drive with the top off and a/c on) my a/c will actually get cold enough where you have to turn it up from the coldest setting.

7. Ksullender

Sep 3, 2003
    USA
    Another thought, do you keep it on recirculate? That will make it blow colder too.

8. Husker

Husker F1 World Champ

Dec 31, 2003
    western hemisphere
    Alright Ken. You get the prize for "Coldest Ferrari air conditioner ever recorded." Turn that A/C to the max and gloat!

9. Ricambi America

Ricambi America F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Owner

Great, Ken is getting freezer-burn in his car. I'm sweating buckets because I've got NOTHING, ZIP, NADA.

Husker, you and I can have a sweat-to-the-death contest in our cars, while these other wimps drive around in their artifically chilled boxes with frost forming on the window edges.

(Yes, I'm jealous)

-Daniel

10. RAYMAN

RAYMAN Formula Junior
    BANNED

Mar 10, 2004
    Oklahoma
    Full Name:
    Raymond Santilli
    I find that even with the AC on...Mine works well, that I come out of the car sweating. Can't drive it relaxed.

11. Husker

Husker F1 World Champ

Dec 31, 2003
    western hemisphere
    Daniel, I do have something more than "nada". My a/c works just well enough to keep you uncomfortably miserable. Ha! If I could rework the wiring to ramp up the A/C fans about 3 more speeds, I'd be in business.

12. Ksullender

Sep 3, 2003
    USA
    LOL, I wish I could take credit for it, but that is how it was when I bought it. And actually the windows do get some type of condensation on the outside because it gets that cold. But the bright side is that it should give hope to all 348 owners that the system should be capable of keeping you cool! But when you drive a 348 you're already cool right?

13. sparta49

sparta49 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 3, 2001
    LA
    Full Name:
    Frank
    You know it :)

14. asianbond

asianbond Formula 3

Nov 8, 2003
    Full Name:
    Chris
    My 348 blew as cold as a japanese car, it was very comfortable even in sweltering heat of Hong Kong. A properly operating system shouldn't have a problem blowing real cold air. Make sure condensor is clean and fans are working.

15. Ksullender

Sep 3, 2003
    USA
    Sparta49, checked out your profile, I was born Oct 71 and I had a 308QV too! Small world...

16. sparta49

sparta49 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 3, 2001
    LA
    Full Name:
    Frank
    All the really smart people were born in 71 :)