New Ferrari Video and Hosting Site! | FerrariChat

New Ferrari Video and Hosting Site!

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by Tipo815, Jul 3, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Tipo815

Tipo815 F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey
    Hey guys. I am testing a new site for us to use to upload photos and videos for free. It will also allow everyone to leave comments on each photo and video - like a message board. The website address is: www.ferrarirosso.com.

It hasn't been tested enough so I would like the So. Cal. guys to give it a trial run. Load some of your best photos and videos and feel free to leave as many comments as possible. The more we put the site to work the more bugs I will find. I also welcome comments or suggestions - other sections, etc.

I know some of my early testers (David, Brian, and Jerry) had some problems with larger videos. The hosting company has increased the allowable video size to 20MB, however, they say that videos half this size can time out unless you are on a superfast T1 connection.

Send myself or David (Ferrari Boy) a PM if you are having trouble. David can also help you reduce the size of your videos if they are too large. Enjoy!

Jeffrey

2. matterhorn762

matterhorn762 Formula Junior

Apr 19, 2004
    Tennessee
    Strange timing! I had just asked about this tonight here on FChat:

http://ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23128

I've just uploaded about a gig of my best Ferrari videos to his site. I've bookmarked yours though for future reference. Are you going to be running an FTP?

Oh, I just saw the 20MB limit. About half my videos are over 20MB...

3. TestShoot

TestShoot F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2003
    Beverly Hills
  4. Tipo815

Tipo815 F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey
    Hey! I didn't know someone was hosting videos for Ferraris. Had I known I wouldn't have spent any time creating one! :) I know the So. Cal. guys all wanted somewhere to have videos hosted. I actually like the format you have! Nice!

5. TestShoot

TestShoot F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2003
    Beverly Hills
  6. Ferrari Boy

Ferrari Boy Formula 3

Oct 25, 2003
    Long Beach CA
    Full Name:
    David Couch
    Please everyone test out this site. If we all contribute, it can become a very nice site full of vids a pics for anyone to come and enjoy.

And yes, if you have any problems uploading video's because it's too big, I can guide you through the process. :)

Happy Posting!!!

7. VROOM!!!

VROOM!!! Formula 3

Feb 11, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Armen
    I will check it out once I get home. I have a bunch of pictures that i took at the Le Petit Cafe run i want to down size and post, some FLY-BY videos as well ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

8. Bmyth-FDC

Bmyth-FDC F1 Rookie

Oct 4, 2002
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Byron
    Jeffrey - that looks like a nice site!

Also, as an update, the prototype DVD of all the FDC runs is complete!! We've also included the 360 fly-by's including other bonus material!! We are making last minute touch-ups on it, then it will be ready for release.

The DVD includes footage from about 10 runs!!

Byron

9. Ferrari Boy

Ferrari Boy Formula 3

Oct 25, 2003
    Long Beach CA
    Full Name:
    David Couch
    Mmmm, ferrari videos. Can't wait till it's finished Byron

10. TestShoot

TestShoot F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2003
    Beverly Hills
    i had 1000 users crash the videos today, will be back online later

if you get into hosting be prepared for crazy stuff man, i have rob's pain to the tenth power

11. crystalq3

crystalq3 Karting

Feb 5, 2004
    rome-italy
    Full Name:
    Carmine R.
    www.fastdrive.org
    give free hosting for members,membership free
    whitout limit of size....

12. Throttleman

Throttleman Formula Junior

Sep 26, 2003
    Pasadena,CA
    Full Name:
    Jay Ablett
    I tried posting the day you posted this thread but alas, a lot of my stuff was too large. What is the "acceptable" file size that won't have me waiting for five or ten minutes just to find out that an "error" has occured?

David-Any advice would be helpful as I have lots of pics/vids/car show GTGs. etc.

-Jay

13. Ferrari Boy

Ferrari Boy Formula 3

Oct 25, 2003
    Long Beach CA
    Full Name:
    David Couch
    Jay,

If you have a connection speed below T1, then the computer will most likely time out if the file is over 10 megs. What this means is if it's over 10, it most likely won't work. I tried uploading my Celebration of the Enzo vids, but it didnt' work for me, because we have DSL.

Did you compress your file? If you have quicktime, then this will help you if you don't know this already. First, open your origional file. Then under "File" go down to export and click on it. When the new window comes up, go through the selections, such as the settings, filter, size, ect. Then click ok, choose a name, and save it. Depending on the length of the movie, it could take a while to save it out.

BTW, I am using a Mac, so the names could be a little different if you have windows. Also, if you don't have quicktime, you can just download it for free off the apple website and go to quicktime (http://www.apple.com/quicktime/download/). Hope this helps.

Here's some screenshots...

14. costa

costa Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Costantino Bertuzzi
    i would like to post the engine explosion of when i've tested the 360 gt at 11,000 rpm on the dyno but it's too big. Any suggestion?

C.

15. Ferrari Boy

Ferrari Boy Formula 3

Oct 25, 2003
    Long Beach CA
    Full Name:
    David Couch
    Costa, I replyed back to your PM.

16. TestShoot

TestShoot F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2003
    Beverly Hills
    I have probably 36 gigs of extra storage coming online tonight around midnight.

I am not trying to be in competiton with anyone here, if someone wants to handle hosting and all the bandwidth required, go for it, I hit 12-20 gigs of transfer per day.

17. vincent355

vincent355 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 8, 2003
    Wine Country
    Full Name:
    Vincent
    Awesome,

I just posted a vid of my 355 in a tunnel in yosemite.

18. matterhorn762

matterhorn762 Formula Junior

Apr 19, 2004
    Tennessee
    What's the file size limit there? It said 10MB was too big?

19. blacknight

blacknight Karting

May 14, 2004
    Rowland Hgts
    Full Name:
    Rich
    Ferrari Boy,

I also made a video of the Celebration of Enzo II. It will be included with Bryon's DVD. I was the one with dual cameras on my car. Where is your video? Link please? I love to see it.

PCARS.com :: Marketplace for Performance Cars, Parts and Accessories

20. Ferrari Boy

Ferrari Boy Formula 3

Oct 25, 2003
    Long Beach CA
    Full Name:
    David Couch
    There is no file size limit, but the company who made this site warned us that files over 10mebs could time out if the connection speed is less than T1. What this means is that if you have files over 10 megs, and a connection speed less than T1, it most likely won't work. There are still some chances it could work, but that also depends on the computer.

I made a video on the Celebration of the Enzo 1. But the vid is like 14 min. long. So what I dis was split it up into 4 parts, but it is still way to big. Since I don't have T1, and the files are over 10 megs, I had the problem just like matterhorn. My Celebration of the Enzo II vids are just split up and the best parts are put up on ferrarirosso. But my vid on the 1st run is in Byrons DVD package, so you will see it, just when he gives the DVD's :(. I am still working on my videos however, and still trying the size then down enough, so the whole world can see it!

21. Bmyth-FDC

Bmyth-FDC F1 Rookie

Oct 4, 2002
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Byron
    The DVD has been created... I am reviewing it and making final edits/comments now...

It should be ready for distribution as early as next week!

Byron

22. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    :D:D:D:D

DL

23. Ferrari Boy

Ferrari Boy Formula 3

Oct 25, 2003
    Long Beach CA
    Full Name:
    David Couch
    YES!!!

24. riconijhof

riconijhof Formula Junior

Aug 22, 2003
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Rico Nijhof
    Ferrari Boy, I uploaded 4 clips, the first 2 were made by myself.

I can't watch your MOV videos... :(

25. Ferrari Boy

Ferrari Boy Formula 3

Oct 25, 2003
    Long Beach CA
    Full Name:
    David Couch
    WHAT!!! Which vids, is it like the costa revving, and burning rubber, and Jeffrey's 360 vids? Does anyone else have this problem? But you have quicktime right? It should work, I don't know why it doesn't. Again I ask does anyone else have this problem? Please let me know, because I will try and figure out whats wrong.

If you don't have quicktime, you can download it for free, mac or windows, at http://www.apple.com/quicktime/download/

Wonder why it won't work...:(

edit: .mov should work the same as .mpg. It uses the same program, I just don't know why you would have problems with it...