Eagle One Nanowax - Does Nanotechnology Work? | FerrariChat

Eagle One Nanowax - Does Nanotechnology Work?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by ghost, Jul 6, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    #1 ghost, Jul 6, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  2. Steve King

Steve King F1 Rookie

Feb 15, 2001
    NY
    I've tried it and it work good. Nice wet shine and covers some swirls . It goes on easy and wipes off just as easy and does not leave a white power. I will most likely ues up the bottle.

3. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    The reason I ask is because I have noticed some real light surface scratches in my paint, which has arisen due to regular washing / scrubbing. Wanted to know if this is the right wax to get some of those hairline scratches out.

4. Greg G

Greg G F1 Rookie

Vik... Im extremely meticulous... and anyone who's seen my 20 yr old Supra will attest - Ive had great results with the products Ive used over the years. I always strictly used 3M hand glaze followed up by Gliptone which is a Carnuaba paste wax. That is until I tried Meguire's new NXT creme liquid. The stuff if killer! I know all abt the high end waxes like Zaino Bros, Vanilla Moose, 1000Grand, but I must say the NXT is outstanding. Im sure you will get 100's of opinions here, but I am newly converted, and committed to this product.

Edit: followup to you new post - the 3M Imperial Hand Glaze wld be excellent for helping remove the scratches you mention. I apply it with an orbital buffer. It is a polish which needs to be sealed. Thats where the NXT comes into play. It also helps to fill minor scratches/scours with polymers.

5. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    #5 ghost, Jul 6, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    You talking about this Greg. Does it also use "nanotechnology" (ie, fill in the hairline scratches)?
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

6. Greg G

Greg G F1 Rookie

yes exactly - nanotech might be Eagle's fancy buzzword, but the NXT uses the same principle. I saw a big difference in the results of this $18 bottle. Not knocking the Eagle stuff, only speaking from my experience.

7. Art

Art Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2004
    Southern California
    I haven't used the new Eagle One stuff, so I won't directly comment on it. Seems like an okay product, but all those scratches and swirls will come back after a few months.

If you really want to get rid of very minor scratches and swirls, you're better off removing them.
    [​IMG]

and

[​IMG]

is all you really need to get rid of swirls and light scratches.

It's very easy to use, and you can't burn through your paint with it.

8. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    Hard to read -- what is it? "3M Finesse-It"? Do you put it on after a wash and regular wax? Or just a wash?

9. Art

Art Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2004
    Southern California

Yes, it's 3M Finesse-It. It gets rid of some serious swirls and scratches (that can't be felt w/ your fingernail). If the swirls/scratches on your paint aren't too bad, you're better of using something else that's less abraisive. Using it will be a little more involved, but the results are really worth it. You really have to use it with the PC orbital buffer, it won't do much by hand. You put it on with the PC after a wash, then you wax.

If you really want to go all out, you should wash, clay, use the 3M Finesse-It, another polish that is a bit more mild (like Meguiars swirl mark remover to get rid of any hazing the 3M Finesse-It may cause) and then wax.

I know this can all seem a bit overwhelming, let me know if you have anymore questions.

10. 96impalaSS

96impalaSS F1 Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Chris

#98 Rookie

Jul 5, 2004
    Most of the medium to high-end waxes get the job done. It's really the quality of the application that makes the biggest difference IMO.

12. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    Please elaborate #98.

13. RacerX_GTO

RacerX_GTO F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Oregon
    Full Name:
    Gabe V.
    Silicone makes dull, black tires nice and shiney, no?

Formulate a version of silicone in the wax = NXT

Not that its a bad product, that's not what I'm saying at all. But there's no substitute for good prep work. But if it's a quick fix you are after(lol, no comment) then NXT is your poison.

14. udalmia

udalmia Guest

Vik have u asked Gus @ Technik1? He might have a good idea about it..