European Concours d'Elegance 2004 | Page 13 | FerrariChat

European Concours d'Elegance 2004

Discussion in 'Europe' started by Bugattiart, Mar 10, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Frank B.

Frank B. Karting

Feb 3, 2004
    Steinhagen (Germany)
    Full Name:
    Frank B.
    #302 Frank B., Jul 7, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  2. Wolfgang

Wolfgang F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 8, 2003
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Full Name:
    Wolfgang
    Hi Frank,

first of all, a very warm SUBSCRIBED welcome!!!!!!
    Great pics shot shot - impressiv!
    Wonderful details to see on your pics.
    And man, the rainbow - just amazing!!!!
    Thanks for sharing with us.

3. Simon

Simon Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Aug 29, 2003
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Simon
    Guys this thread is amazing ...this has to be nominated for thread of the month.

Some beautiful and rare cars there...Lancia Flaminia Zagato is one of my all time favourites...There's an elderly gent in the next street from me who drives one daily. Bought it new in the early 60's.

Carsten, what model was the Talbot Lago? I'll put a link to the picture in a minute.

Thanks for the great pictures everyone

This will definitely be on my list of events for next year.
    Cheers
    Simon

Edit:- This is the Talbot Lago I was asking about...this is a stunningly beautiful motor car

4. Wolfgang

Wolfgang F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 8, 2003
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Full Name:
    Wolfgang
    I second Simons idea:

[size=+2] Hi Rob Lay,
    Thats the Thread Of the Month!
    [/size]
    an amazing event, awesome rare cars, tons of beautiful pics and a wonderful smal fchatters meeting. What else do we need;)

5. TinaDK

TinaDK F1 World Champ

Jun 23, 2004
    Denmark
    Full Name:
    Tina Poulsen
    Hi Alexander

Thanks a lot :) *blushing*

And yes it was a great weekend, with so many beautifull cars. If I have had the time downthere, I think I could have shot 400 xtra pics *LOL*

Greets Tina

6. TinaDK

TinaDK F1 World Champ

Jun 23, 2004
    Denmark
    Full Name:
    Tina Poulsen
    Hi

Yes you know the picture I used ;)
    I had to do something about some of the great pics, so I will draw lots of them in the near future :)

I hope your keyboard still works and that it didn't drown totally :D :D :D

7. TinaDK

TinaDK F1 World Champ

Jun 23, 2004
    Denmark
    Full Name:
    Tina Poulsen

Hi Frank

AMAZING pics!!! i just love the one with the reflection in the fender.
    I wonder if you have it in a larger size/resoloution??? (IF you do, pleaaaase send it to me on my email *Beggin*) :) :) :)

Tina

8. Bugattiart

Bugattiart F1 Veteran

Mar 8, 2004
    Denmark/USA/UK
    Full Name:
    Carsten Christiansen
    Hello everyone, :)
    @Dominik, Thanks my friend, it was our pleasure to meet you and your lovely wife too!!! Tina did most of these pictures, and even if I were there too, I did in fact sell some prints! The event is more about being there and meeting new and old friends....the cars, the owners, the atmosphere..... its like one huge family reunion, and that is what keeps me attending the Concours year after year. :) Hope to meet you again at another event in the future.

@Frank, :)
    Don't worry buddy, I will not tell Anja ;)
    Wonderful shots Frank.....how do you do this???....What a creative genius you are for taking pictures, really I mean it!!! Thanks for sharing the pics here!!!
    Best to you and Anja (and Robin) ;) :)

@Wolfgang,
    Thanks buddy, I just wanted people to see what they missed during the weekend......and hey.....it took 400 shots to show them :D

@Simon,
    Hi Simon, :) Thanks for all your compliments on the thread and pics!!! The Talbot Lago is a 1947 T26 Oblin Coupé and in fact there were two of the Lagos on show in D-dorf, the other was a cabriolet! :)

@ALL, :)

Thanks guys, for all your comments and compliments to the thread....really this is all Tina's fortune, cause she did the wonderful pics....I just posted them here, to share with you the memorable weekend we all had in D-dorf!
    Hope to see you all next year :)

Best regards

Carsten

9. Frank B.

Frank B. Karting

Feb 3, 2004
    Steinhagen (Germany)
    Full Name:
    Frank B.

Hi Tina
    I have this picture in a larger size I post it to you as soon as possible

Frank B.

10. Wouter Melissen

Wouter Melissen Formula Junior

Nov 12, 2003
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Wouter Melissen
  11. Bugattiart

Bugattiart F1 Veteran

Mar 8, 2004
    Denmark/USA/UK
    Full Name:
    Carsten Christiansen
    Here a little write up of our wonderful weekend in Düsseldorf with such great company, formed by Wolfgang, Frank.B and Anja, Joren Remans and Bertus, and also meeting with Dominik and his wife!
    The event was wonderfully organised by my very dear friend, and famous UK based motorcar historian Mr. Bob Gathercole and Marie-Findlay who every year does all the hard work with contacting owners and clubs, sponsors and finding locations and hotels and providing such great hospitality for all the owners, exhibitors, visitors and artists like myself. Without them the World would be a poor place for car enthusiasts! Thank you Bob and Marie for all that you have done for me!!!!

We, Tina and myself, left Lunderskov in Denmark Late thursday afternoon with the "Rocket" a borrowed Renault 5 from 1984. Packed with all my drawings, prints and our bags with all the needings for the event of the year, and additionally a Guitar for my friend Wolfgang, from one of his Danish customers! The "Rocket" needed only one and a half tank of gas to go all the 650 kilometres to Düsseldorf, so we had a cheap journey down there.
    We arrived at the Galopp at 1 o'clock in the night/Friday morning, and only the two yellow CARLSON trucks, bringing cars from the UK to the event, was already present at the sight! We slept in the Rocket until early morning at arround seven, and went to see the surroundings, and watched the CARLSON's guys unloading Mason's Bugatti type 35B and some of the other real beautyfull cars of the event! We met with the artist organiser, and picked out our booth at the Automotive artshow, located on the first floor of the main tribune! Then all the build up of my booth, until arround ten o'clock, when we got downstairs and met with Astrid of Meguiar's Switzerland for check in and later with my very dear friend, the organiser Mr. Bob Gathercole for a nice showing me arround and telling me where everything was going to be placed and where to find whatever we could possibly need!
    Rest of the day was spend with meeting all the friends from last years show in Schwetzingen, and photographing all the cars as they arrived and got their special treatment by the Meguiar's guys, who throughout the event kept polishing all the cars several times and managed to have all the cars "Always shining" all through the concours! They do an incredible job, highly appreciated by all, and they truly deserve credit for their hard work!
    Friday evening we had a wonderful welcome-party/buffet-dinner with live music and entertainment and further meeting with new and old friends among the owners, guests, exhibitors and artists of the concours. It was a memorable evening for everyone, and everything was SO superb!!! At arround midnight we left the party and drove to our hotel in the south of Düsseldorf!

Saturday:
    We got up arround six o'clock and after breakfast we drove back to the concours, and got ready for all the visitors! The day started nicely with dry weather, but was later a mix of nice and bad weather with rain/sun throug the day, and this really was a shame because we had way too few visitors because of the unstable weather!
    We took the opportunity to go outside and see all the cars, and further photos were taken. Arround 11 Saturday morning we were watching the 1997 MS F1 car being unloaded from Uwe Meissner's "Clienti-truck" and suddenly a familiar face showed up next to us asking if I was Carsten Christiansen.....my friend Wolfgang, from this board had arrived, and what a wonderful class act gent he is!!! After walking and talking among all the cars(Especially the Ferraris and Mason's Bugatti) we went inside to hand over to Wolfgang, the unique and original drawings I have made of Wolfgang's beloved 91' Testarossa, and his former 308 GTSI QV. I got in return some very nice Ferrari memorabilia goods, and they have now got the best spots in my collection of memorabilia.....Thank you Wolfgang, I will allways remember you and this awesome gesture!!! :) Just a little later Frank and Anja arrived with "Robin" (Wolfgang's former F-car) and joined us at my booth. Very nice people indeed, and Frank got a special surprise from me ;)(Hope you like it buddy!!!) We took a round with all the cars at the concours and met with Dominik and his lovely wife, with whom we had a nice talk. Dominik is a true gentleman and they were very friendly folks indeed! Then we went outside to the parkinglot for having a look to "Robin" and Wolfgang with tears in his eyes was reunited with his greatly missed 308, and Tina had her first ever "sit" in a Ferrari! I was so surprised to see how well Frank is keeping the car...it's just like brand new, and every detail is so well kept and cleaned.....just awesome....My compliments to Frank for maintaining the Ferrari so imaculate!!! :) We went to the Artshow-coffee-bar, and waited for Joren Remans and Bert arriving from Belgium (They had got lost and were at the airport???? :D ;)) Bert phoned Wolfgang and finally they found us and joined in for a nice gathering of Fchatters! Thank you all for coming, we had SO MUCH FUN together all of us, and especially after going to Wolfgangs hotel for the "Bordeaux-warm-up-for-the-evening-toast" in Wolfgangs room!!!
    Then we had a very fun-loaded dinner with, by Joren, well-picked Bordeaux redwine....the best redwine of the restaurant, and after the "Bandidos" (Wolfgang and Joren's) negotiating with our chief-waiter "Raffic" we eventually struck a deal to have our own special rate for the dinner and the 5-6 bottles of superb wine we consumed at the dinner table.....I guarrantee you.....Raffic will never ever forget us :D ;) !!! Then we hit the bar...... and needless to say... we enjoyed ourselves VERY much, and further we met up with "Norman" a journalist from Classic-Driver.de who was also very good company for the evening! We had a VERY memorable evening with all of you guys, and I'm sure the waiters and Bar men felt the same way!!!!
    One after another, we left the party,(Frank and Anja stayed sober the whole evening, to be capable of driving "Robin" home in a safe way...... RESPECT to Frank and Anja for this!!! (Tina and I had to be up next morning for the artshow, and went by Taxi to our hotel) Bert and Joren had to go back to Belgium, and all of the sudden, Wolfgang was the only guy left to keep the fchat-flag high, with Norman and further some judges and owners from the concours, to empty the bar and have nice discussions about....cars of course!! They kept the party going on until 5-5.30 in the Sunday morning!!!!

Sunday:
    Sunday morning after breakfast (and Aspirins) we went by taxi back to the concours, and met with an understandably tired Wolfgang at 11, who just wanted to say Good Bye to us and to a few of the cars, and then really needed to go back home to get some serious sleep. Thank you so much brother for going all the way to meet us, and for being part of an unforgettable weekend, and being such a great friend....we will see you soon again in Schwetzingen!!! Tina and I had to stay for the rest of the show, and Sunday was blessed with wonderful weather, and was very well visited, and further some Ferraris from FCD arrived during the day, as you can see from Tina's pics!
    We had a lot of visitors also in the artshow, and all in all the event was a huge experience for us, and a great success, not to be missed next year and we will be back for sure!!!
    Arround 8 in the evening, we were packed and ready to go home after having met with so many new and old friends, and after having such great fun and company througout the entire weekend! Thank you all....you know who you are...... :):):)

Greetings

Carsten and Tina

12. Wolfgang

Wolfgang F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 8, 2003
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Full Name:
    Wolfgang
    Carsten & Tina,
    this wonderful write up is "the jewel-crown" of an awesome great thread!
    Thanks a lot!

13. Bugattiart

Bugattiart F1 Veteran

Mar 8, 2004
    Denmark/USA/UK
    Full Name:
    Carsten Christiansen
    Thanks Bro'!!!
    All happened because of Fchat..... ;) :)

Yours

Carsten

14. Bugattiart

Bugattiart F1 Veteran

Mar 8, 2004
    Denmark/USA/UK
    Full Name:
    Carsten Christiansen
  15. TinaDK

TinaDK F1 World Champ

Jun 23, 2004
    Denmark
    Full Name:
    Tina Poulsen
    #316 TinaDK, Jul 7, 2004
  16. Bertus

Bertus Formula 3

Mar 1, 2004
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Bert S
    Wooww Tina, nice one

I really like this one !

17. TinaDK

TinaDK F1 World Champ

Jun 23, 2004
    Denmark
    Full Name:
    Tina Poulsen

It's fun playing with the pics from D-Dorf:)

18. alx355gt

alx355gt F1 Veteran

Feb 3, 2004
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Alexander
    Didn't see this earlier... indeed really nice work again...

19. Wolfgang

Wolfgang F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 8, 2003
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Full Name:
    Wolfgang
    Hi Carsten,
    for sure she is doing very well with her drawings. I was just kidding around;)

20. TinaDK

TinaDK F1 World Champ

Jun 23, 2004
    Denmark
    Full Name:
    Tina Poulsen
    #321 TinaDK, Jul 8, 2004
  21. TinaDK

TinaDK F1 World Champ

Jun 23, 2004
    Denmark
    Full Name:
    Tina Poulsen
    #322 TinaDK, Jul 8, 2004
  22. stradale88

stradale88 Karting

Apr 5, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Roland
    Excellent drawing, Tina! Especially in its latest form... :D The hips on the GTO alone are more than enough for the whole picture. ;) And the woman is very sexy like this.

23. Malfark

Malfark F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2002
    Mud Island, Europe
    Full Name:
    Markem
    Ooooohh - STUNNING!! :D

24. ForzaFerrari

ForzaFerrari F1 Veteran

Jul 25, 2003
    The Netherlands
    Full Name: