Anyone know a good paint/body shop? | FerrariChat

Anyone know a good paint/body shop?

Discussion in 'California & Nevada (Northern)' started by bobafett, Jul 4, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
  2. redhead

redhead F1 Rookie

Dec 26, 2001
    Full Name:
    ~Red~
    the works
    408-748-1367
    chris deburine

3. storminnormin

storminnormin Formula Junior

Jul 31, 2002
    California
    Oh my Gawd, Boba! I really feel for you, man. I've been getting my repairs at Cars Dawydiak on Franklin in SF. Great work. Great ethics. I've seen several Maranello's in the shop in addition to Sinatra's former Rolls. Ask for Walter. Tell him I sent you. 415-928-2277.
    Norm

4. vincent355

vincent355 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 8, 2003
    Wine Country
    Full Name:
    Vincent
    Dan,

That sucks! Good to hear it's not getting you down.

5. Artherd

Artherd F1 Veteran

Jun 19, 2002
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Ben Cannon
    Dan- see my post in the other thread. Don't know any shops with F-car expierence, but a non-metallic color (even Nero Dan! ;) should be easialy repaired by any very high quality body shop with great attention to detail.

6. redhead

redhead F1 Rookie

Dec 26, 2001
    Full Name:
    ~Red~
    The shop I stated was our body shop (old FLG) for over 10 years. Has seen more then his share of Ferrari's, from a rolled 360 to a simple lil scratch. Very good work and very honest.

7. Exotic_Car_Guy

Exotic_Car_Guy Karting

Apr 2, 2003
    California, Carmel
    Full Name:
    Gil Lucero
    Dan,

Sorry to hear about your incident. You've got a good attitude to work through it. Another shop that I know does good work is:

A Superior Collision Shop
    300 Railway Ave. Suite D
    Campbell, CA 95008
    (408) 379-0505

The have a lot of experience with Ferrari and other Exotics. They have a good paint matching capability. Very good rates. They are just down the road from Lyle Tanner's Ferrari Parts Exchange before they moved out of the Bay Area.

Talk with Tim Oldham.

Gil

8. lukek

lukek Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

May 2, 2003
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    LK
    All the guys specializing in exotic will be busy with last minute Concorso stuff. Even in February, Brian was too busy to take my car, and his painter was in the hospital (Patrick Ottis sends all of his car to Brian at Perfect Reflections). So...I sent mine to Frank Zucchi, of FZ restorations in Livermore. It turns out that they sometimes work together, anyway.
    Frank's cell is 925 321 6474
    If you do not want to leave your car in Livermore, I have 2 guys in San Mateo who have done Diablos and Ferraris, but also do run of the mill work, like all the cars for Peter Pan BMW. You might be able to get in there. Say hi from Luke

Steve at New Look (I will have to tell you a wonderful "feel better about humanity" story associated with this guy )
    344-7907
    609 S Claremont St
    San Mateo, CA

Slightly more high end shop:
    Vic at Costelli and Pardini's
    650 571 7001

9. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    Luke,

I met and talked to Vic Costelli two days ago. He was supposed to fax me something. There are a few around here it seems.

--Dan

10. lukek

lukek Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

May 2, 2003
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    LK
    Once it comes back from the shop, make sure that you immediately drive it through some muddy puddles. I think that all of these people telling you to wash the car do not understand.... It is your trademark now. Wear it proudly.
    :)

11. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    I know!!! Most people will not recognize me anymore. Maybe the bike rack helps...

--Dan

12. vincent355

vincent355 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 8, 2003
    Wine Country
    Full Name:
    Vincent
    It only takes a day or two to get it dirty, i wouldn't worry.

13. pdevivo

pdevivo Karting

Sep 12, 2002
    San Francisco Area
    Full Name:
    PD
    Did something like that to my TR a few months ago (my fault) and brought it to Brian Hoyt @ Perfect Reflections -- results were "perfect", reasonable and on time!! Highly recommend and would use again. Located in Haywarrd - 510-581-9535.

Paul

14. cyuhhhh

cyuhhhh Rookie

Jul 13, 2004
    Full Name:
    Phil
    Esp. fiberglass and excellent so far with Ferrari's and Vette's is James Paulk in Stockton (209) 948-2510 (Does great custom work as well)