Why did THIS judge 'grill' me? | FerrariChat

Why did THIS judge 'grill' me?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by PeterS, Jul 9, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. PeterS

PeterS Four Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2003
    Goodyear, AZ
    Full Name:
    PeterS
    When I took SR Exotics to Small Claims court, the judge was Daniel B. Alweiss. Once he understood my case involved a Ferrari, he asked me several questions to see if my case had anything to do with any pending cases against FNA. I do not know if he is a lawyer on a specific FNA case (He is a lawyer) or if he is a defendant or a plaintif.

Anybody know?

2. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    Did you say, "I OBJECT! Irrelevant!"

DL

3. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Darth you've been watching too much Court TV... you can't object to what a JUDGE says.......

ROTFLMAO!

You say "Yes Sir or No Sir" and maybe something like "the defendent is trully sorrowful about the events that transpired, on the night in question...."

Then get the he11 out of there! :)

Maybe he knew "Enjoy the Drive"....

4. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Did you check out his hands for the "secret society" ring?

You have to watch out for that..........

5. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    OK! I'm convinced...THAT judge is on F-Chat!! What is his name?

DL

6. ChuckEBaby

ChuckEBaby Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 7, 2003
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Chuck
    Who Else? Erik Nielsen! (Aka: Judge4RE)

7. Lindej

Lindej Rookie

Nov 10, 2003
    Alexandria, VA
    Full Name:
    Jonathan T. Linde
    I think he could have referring to the FNA action at DOT in which they are trying to prevent the importation of grey market cars. It has gotten a fair amount of mainstream media press. On the other hand, I think it would make perfect sense for a judge to ask whether your case was related to any action against the manufacturer of the car in question, as opposed to a dealer. Also, if it turned out that you were pursuing several cases under the same set of facts or legal theory that the judge felt should be consolidated, you could potentially get bumped out of small claims court because the potential recovery would be too large.

8. Lindej

Lindej Rookie

Nov 10, 2003
    Alexandria, VA
    Full Name:
    Jonathan T. Linde
    One more thing, if the judge were a lawyer in a related case, he would probably have to recuse himself.

9. TigerAce

TigerAce Formula 3

May 29, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Yoshi Ace
    Was he "grilling" you? He could be just trying to see any relevancy to FNA case, as your case could be used or will be used in the future reference.

His profile doesn't show anything on FNA, but he maybe working on pending case. Can he work on FNA case even though he is not from New Jersey? I thought FNA maybe putting restriction for legal cases only made in NJ. (like some car dealers do)

10. PeterS

PeterS Four Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2003
    Goodyear, AZ
    Full Name:
    PeterS
    He just asked me a lot of questions to make sure I had nothing to do with any FNA cases.

My court case was fun. About half way through, he asked me if there is anything more about my SR Exotics case. I said 'Oh Ya'! I had not gotten to the part where I picked up and paid for the gearbox work. He just sat there and shuck his head~!