Anybody going to the Arthritis Foundation Concours? | FerrariChat

Anybody going to the Arthritis Foundation Concours?

Discussion in 'North Central - USA (MI, IN, OH, KY, WV)' started by Erik330, Jul 9, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Erik330

Erik330 Formula Junior

May 8, 2004
    Ohio
    Big concours in Columbus (Dublin) Saturday. Usually over 1000 cars and lots of Jaguar and Porsche club participation. Any Ferraris entered? I plan to drive over and have a look tomorrow morning but my car is far from concours ready. If you see a red 330 GT 2+2 it might be me.

2. RocketBoy

RocketBoy Formula 3

Feb 13, 2004
    Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Professor Hajji
    I would have gone on business ( Columbus and Zanesville area ) but another work related meeting has kept me back home in the Chicago area...

Enjoy the show. Best wishes to all that suffer and hope that a long lasting source of relief will come.

RocketBoy

3. Erik330

Erik330 Formula Junior

May 8, 2004
    Ohio
    Thanks Rocketboy. It's a really good cause.

4. Erik330

Erik330 Formula Junior

May 8, 2004
    Ohio
    Very cool show. Only one Fcar, a 355 spider, I think. Lots of gorgeous E type Jaguars and Porsches (356s), a very cool Alfa Giulietta Sprint Veloce, some amazing Rollers, couple of Lambos from Nelson's, and LOTS of good looking American Muscle cars. My personal favorite was the guy with the Mercedes Unimog.

Good show, good cause.

5. RocketBoy

RocketBoy Formula 3

Feb 13, 2004
    Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Professor Hajji
    You didn't take your car Erik?

A friend of mine recently joined up as a Ohio State Trooper. I have heard that they really enforce tough driving restrictions, ( as they should and its definitely understanding considering that crazed shooter months back. ) However, towards the southern part of Ohio it is quite pretty, lots of rolling hills and very wooded. Is there a proper place one can just go for a long cruise in the country side? Is there much fear of rough police men, country side roads turning into gravel and chipping the paint, tough corners on hills? Any nice driving experiences you would like to share?

It my limited experience in Ohio, it seems like it is just a little bit more easy to get lost and enjoy a nice drive really out in the boonies.

RocketBoy

6. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Man,I wish that I'd have checked this thread sooner. I would have loved to attend. I have Severe Arthritis,and also own a Ferrari.(308) How long I'll be able to get in and out of it,I don't know. But,it will be as long as I possibly can...with a little (LITTLE) help from Modern Medicine...Don't want to be unsafe.(Already got rid of my Corvette because it was just too damn low. Very hard to get in and out of. Ever see the Door sill on a C4,-'84-'96 'Vette?) Long drives are a No No. But,From Chicago to Columbus isn't too far. Lots of Pit Stops along the way.

Let me know next year,O.K.? THANKS!!!!!!!

7. Erik330

Erik330 Formula Junior

May 8, 2004
    Ohio
    Rocketboy,

I did drive the grotty 330 and was pleased to see the throngs saying "I think that's a Ferrari" as I drove around the grounds. I got there too late to enter but had a great time.

Southern Ohio is about as fine a sports car country as you can discover. The local Porsche Club is terrific about finding roads for tours. I have a picture of my 356 on Ohio 356 that's pretty neat. Don't worry about the rough policemen, the Porsche club keeps them busy. :)

Frank,

As an ex Chicago resident and still a frequent visitor, I will keep you posted. I am an arthritis sufferer as well and the Columbus Concours raises something like $100k for arthritis research. Please drive down next year.