MA Concours d'Elegance | FerrariChat

MA Concours d'Elegance

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain' started by mccprivate, Jun 10, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. mccprivate

mccprivate Karting

Jan 15, 2004
    Morgan Adams Concours d'Elegance and Road Tour

The 2004 Morgan Adams Concours d'Elegance will display some of the rarest automobiles and aircraft in the Rocky Mountain region in an effort to fight childhood cancer. This event will be held on Saturday, August 21st, 2004 in a private hangar at Centennial Airport. As one of the most prestigious events in the region, private collectors come together to display some of the rarest automobiles and aircraft to help support our cause. Last year, five Pebble Beach best-in-class automobiles, a Ferrari 275 GTS/4 NART Spyder, Ferrari 340 Mexico, rare Bugatti "Charmaine" and one of the rarest war birds in the world, the British Fairey Firefly valued at an estimated $12 million, were on display. This year, we have added a road tour into the scenic foothills of Colorado. Expect a couple 1,200 hp P-51 Mustangs to do a special flyover during the VIP party. Similar to last year, the Concours is expected to sell out early with 1,000 people in attendance. Last year, the event raised $130,000 to benefit childhood cancer research programs.

2004 Special Attractions

Porsche Carrera GT Supercar
    Deusenbergs
    Auburn Boattail Speedster
    V16 Marmon
    Mercedes 300 SL Gullwing
    Shelby 289 and 427 Cobras "original"
    Retired Indy car
    McLaren racecar
    Bentley GT
    2005 Ford GT40
    Aston Martin Vanquish

P-51 Mustangs
    British Spitfire
    Mig-17
    Stearman
    Red Barron Triplane
    British Fairey Firefly (Osh Kosh Grand Champion)
    and more...

Ticket Prices

General Admission $100
    VIP Party $250
    Road Tour $100
    Automobile & Aircraft Display (must be approved by selection committee)

Additional Information

If you would like an invitation, please contact Joan Slaughter at [email protected]

If you are interested in volunteering, please contact Joan Slaughter at [email protected]

If you would like to join our corporate sponsorship committee, please contact Brett Derosier at (303) 698-7818.

If you would like to display your automobile or join the road tour, please contact Brett Derosier at (303) 698-7818.

Brett M. Derosier
    Co-founder
    Direct: 303.698.7818
    [email protected]

2. mccprivate

mccprivate Karting

Jan 15, 2004
    Some of the autos and aircraft from last year

3. mccprivate

mccprivate Karting

Jan 15, 2004
    This year we spent most of our time recruiting "Pebble Beach" 1930's and 1940's automobiles. I need to balance out the collection with some exciting Ferrari automobiles (new or old). The following is what I have so far:

250 GT California Spyder (maybe)
    F40 LM
    360 Challenge Stradale
    612 Scaglietti
    365 GTB/4 Daytona
    246GT Dino
    512M
    288 GTO

We will typically only show one of each make/model. If you are interested in displaying your Ferrari (i.e. 308, 328, 348, 355, 550, 575, 250, 275, etc.), please email [email protected] or call (303) 698-7818. We are at 60 automobiles and I only have room on the ramp for about 5 more so I can make room for the jets. Please let me know ASAP. Thanks again.

Brett Derosier

4. Roland E Linder

Roland E Linder Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    COLORADO
    Full Name:
    Roland E Linder
    Hello Brett, Glad to be part again this year. We had a great time at the last one and I hope that this year will be even better.
    You'll have your hands full to do better than last year, but I know you and this shouldn't be to hard.
    Good luck and see you soon
    Roland
    F40LM

5. mccprivate

mccprivate Karting

Jan 15, 2004
    Roland,

Thanks for the kind words. With hard work, we found a way to make this year even more exciting! Our collection is twice as good as last year's. I am trying to convince the head of the airport to run the Porsche Carrera GT down the runway during the fly over (P-51D Mustangs or F-16s). I need your technical advice. Runway is 10,000 ft. Would you want to run the LM with the GT? Might have the new GT40 run as well (even though it would be looking at the back of your Ferrari). Call to discuss.

Brett

6. johnnyferrari

johnnyferrari Karting

May 26, 2004
    Denver
    Full Name:
    John Moore
    Roland:

I know that they may only want one model of each type, but if you and they are interested I would be willing to go for a max velocity runway run in my F40?

Let me know.

John

7. Roland E Linder

Nov 3, 2003
    COLORADO
    Full Name:
    Roland E Linder
    Hello Brett, This is tempting offer that I can't refuse !!! It would be fun to have my partner in crime Johnny running too .
    Call me at the ranch, I'm slaving here till friday...I'll need a break from the hard work !!!
    See ya
    Roland
    F40LM

8. mccprivate

mccprivate Karting

Jan 15, 2004
    Roland and John:

I am working with the head of the airport on the high-speed pass during the MA Concours d'Elegance. They are finishing construction on the main runway, hopefully by Aug. 21st, and we are discussing it. He may say "NO" because of safety concerns. The runways tend to be very bumpy. Another option is the taxi way. As Roland would agree, we need to be very careful even in an F40. Roland and John, I will find out more and get back to you. Even if the high-speed car run doesn't come to fruition, the sight of three 1,500 hp P-51 Mustangs, 20 feet off the ground, on their high-speed pass is amazing!

Brett Derosier

9. Alex_V

Alex_V F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Apr 8, 2004
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Hmmmmm....

A possible high speed run w/ an F40 LM, F40 and Carrera Gt

Aston Vanquish, Bentley GT, 612 S, 288 GTO, Daytona, 360 CS, Ford GT, MB Gullwing, Mclaren race car and tons of planes....and some additional cars almost guaranteed by the time the show rolls around.......

I think I might pay $100 to get into this show!

Get an Enzo in there for the high speed run and my $100 is for sure! :D

10. mccprivate

mccprivate Karting

Jan 15, 2004
    Roland:

Spoke to the head of the airport and the high-speed run may happen at the same time as the fly over. Porsche Carrera GT should have already been delivered by now. Ford GT40 is running behind on production and may not be in Denver by August 21st. Here is the collection for this year:

WWII P-51D Mustang (three)
    L-39 Mig (two)
    Russian Mig-17
    Dahavalon Beaver (two)
    WWII British Supermarine Spitfire
    WWII Navy Seafury
    Adam A500
    Adam A700
    Javelin
    1915 Red Barron triplane
    1916 British SAe5
    1941 Navy N3N-3 "Yellow Peril"
    AT-6 Trainer (three)
    SNJ-5 Trainer
    Bell Jet Ranger helicopter (two)
    Stearman (two)
    Citation X
    Gulfstream G5
    Learjet
    Hawker business jet
    Stinson Gullwing
    and more of the latest business jets...

Mercedes 300 SL Roadster (three)
    Mercedes 300 SL Gullwing (two; one potentially alloy)
    1937 Duesenberg
    1941 Cadillac Fleetwood Sedan
    1929 Duesenberg
    1933 Cadillac
    1933 Marmon V16 Convertible LeBaron Coupe
    1933 Packard Convertible Victoria
    1932 Auburn Boattail Speedster
    1929 Packard Roadster
    1940 Lincoln Contentinal Convertible
    1933 Packard Convertible Coupe
    1927 Cadillac 7-Passenger Sedan
    1935 Auburn Cabriolet
    1937 Cord Beverly Sedan
    1932 Packard 902 Dual Cowl Sport Phaeton
    1937 Packard Convertible Coupe Roadster
    1937 Cord Cabriolet
    1934 Auburn Roadster Salon
    1941 Cadillac Convertible Coupe
    Shelby 427 Cobra, S/C (three originals)
    Ferrari F40 LeMans
    2005 Porsche Carrera GT
    Chevy Chevelle SS
    1984 AC Cobra Mark IV
    Aston Martin Vanquish
    2005 Ford GT40 (depending on delivery)
    1953 Jaguar XK 120 SS
    Jaguar E-type, Convertible
    Mini Cooper S, Supercharged
    1972 Ferrari 365 GTB/4 Daytona
    Corvette Grandsport Callaway
    1956 Lincoln Contenintal Mark II
    2004 Dodge Viper SRT-10
    1935 Auburn 851 S/C Speedster
    Ferrari 246GT Dino
    50's Rolls Royce Limo
    1934 Packard Convertible Sedan Dietrich
    1937 Packard Sedan
    Ferrari 250 GT California Spyder (maybe)
    Lamborghini Countach Quattrovalve
    1932 Highboy
    Lamborghini Murcielago
    Aston Mini Cooper (original)
    Evant Wagon
    Porsche 911 twin turbo
    Ferrari 360 Challenge Stradale
    Bentley GT (two)
    Lamborghini Gallardo
    Acura NSX
    Ferrari 612 Scaglietti
    Ferrari 512M
    Ferrari F40
    Ferrari 355 GTB
    Mercedes Maybach
    and more...

Brett Derosier
    (303) 698-7818

11. Derek at FoD

Derek at FoD Formula 3
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2004
    Denver
    Full Name:
    Derek Fennig
    Brett, maybe you don't want to divulge this answer and I can understand why, but where are you going to get a 612 from? I didn't think they would be available by your show date.
    612 or not your line-up is quite impressive.

12. mccprivate

mccprivate Karting

Jan 15, 2004
    Derek:

It is going to run very close, within weeks, on some of the production cars (i.e. Ford GT40, Aston Martin DB9, 612 Scaglietti, Mercedes SLR). Currently, Carrera GTs are being delivered. As you know in your business, delivery dates and production delays happen. Our main focus is vintage and collector cars, but I think everyone would love to see the latest advancements in the auto industry. If the cars are delivered in time, we will show them. If they are not, I am sure we will have another great lineup for 2005!

It is because of the generous dealers, both independent and franchises, and automobile/aircraft collectors that we are able to raise money for childhood cancer research. Morgan Adams was lost years ago and we would like to prevent other families from going through this. We thank FoD and all the other dealers and collectors for their participation. This is a community event and we look forward to many more years of success. We are excited to help pull together ALL of the automobile and aircraft enthusiasts. Our event is very unique in that we display both automobiles and aircraft. We will never be a Pebble Beach, but we will be the number one Concours in the nation, displaying BOTH rare automobiles and aircraft. This year, I have the number one aircraft in the World, the British Fairey Firefly.

This year we are adding a road tour and next year we have plans for a track event. Maybe one year we'll add a vintage boat Concours with Chris Craft, Garwood, Riva and others.

Derek, thanks again.

Brett Derosier

13. johnnyferrari

johnnyferrari Karting

May 26, 2004
    Denver
    Full Name:
    John Moore
    Brett:

Do you want me to bring my F40 even though Rolland is bringing his? I know you only want one model of each so, I understand if the answer is no.

John

14. mccprivate

mccprivate Karting

Jan 15, 2004
    John:

There is no way I could possibly turn down having two F40s. I already have you down. The more Ferrari automobiles the better. Make sure you sign up for the road tour. The Duesenberg and classic car owners are already in my ear to make sure the Ferraris start in front, for obvious reasons. I will get your number from Roland and will be in touch.

Brett Derosier

15. johnnyferrari

johnnyferrari Karting

May 26, 2004
    Denver
    Full Name:
    John Moore
    Brett:

Thank you very much you can call me at 303-885-2099. I would love to sign up for whatever you recommend. Let me know what to do when you call.

Thanks again

John

16. Derek at FoD

Derek at FoD Formula 3
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2004
    Denver
    Full Name:
    Derek Fennig
    You can sure say that again Brett! For charities sake, I hope you get as many of these new to market automobiles as possible.
    BTW...I found a very interesting link to the Firefly;
    http://www.JAAPTEEUWEN.com

17. mccprivate

mccprivate Karting

Jan 15, 2004
    Derek:

Thanks for posting this web site on the Firefly. Here are pics of the world famous Firefly we had last year and will see again in 2004. That is unless it is not running correctly. As with all war birds, they are very difficult to maintain and keep in the air. Last year, he was only able to make the MA Concours d'Elegance and Osh Kosh (Pebble Beach for aircraft). It cost more to restore this plane than it would cost to buy a 250 Test Rossa (envelope body, not pontoon). To my knowledge, there are only two Fireflys in the world flying. Everything on this plane is perfect, down the the decals. If you guys come by the morning after the event, Sunday, you can watch the Firefly and Spitfire fire up those Rolls Royce engines and take off - truly amazing. The jets are cool, but nothing beats WWII war birds.

Brett

18. Roland E Linder

Nov 3, 2003
    COLORADO
    Full Name:
    Roland E Linder
    Hello Brettsky,
    Good job, you done it again and we all are very happy to be part of it. We had a blast last year and will again this year.
    I'm happy that my Pal Johnny will be part of the show and both will do the run.
    Call me any time to work the details.
    You're the Man
    Hello to your wife
    roland
    F40LM

19. mccprivate

mccprivate Karting

Jan 15, 2004
    Roland:

Are you going to bring Ms. Colorado out again this year? Your good looks and racing talent attracts them all. Look at the girls on your racing school website. How do you do it?

Brett

20. Roland E Linder

Nov 3, 2003
    COLORADO
    Full Name:
    Roland E Linder
    Howdy Brett, Of course, it's my good look !! what else ?? You should see the pic from last week open house and the bikini girls.....
    The teen is busy but the miss is available. I'll PM the tel to get that going.
    I'll be in Pueblo with John to celebrate my birthaday. if you're around, stop by we will have a few cars to play with .
    Roland
    F40Lm

21. mccprivate

mccprivate Karting

Jan 15, 2004
    If you are interested in participating in the MA Concours d'Elegance 80-mile road tour on August 21st, please send us an email with your contact info and make/model and I'll have the registration package mailed to you. Some of the automobiles from the collection will be on the tour i.e. Auburns, Ferrari, Packards, Gullwings, Cobras, etc. It will be limited to 100 cars and will take place prior to the main event with the fly over.

[email protected]

22. Roland E Linder

Nov 3, 2003
    COLORADO
    Full Name:
    Roland E Linder
    Howdt Bretsky,
    I guess that John and I are on your tour list if I remember well you call.
    Since my brain is fading ( age1) please confirme to me that we are in.
    Have a great week end
    Roland
    F40LM

23. mccprivate

mccprivate Karting

Jan 15, 2004
    You and John are in! As well, just picked up a Shelby GT350H "Hertz" and a few others. All cars are welcome though (308, 329, 349, 355, Testarossa, 512, 550, etc.). All the old cars are in. Need more of the newer cars. Roland, are you going to Pebble this year or going to the Grand Prix? I may go to McCall's party, remember across from the Jet Preview where you displayed. Hotels are booked though and the MA Concours is the weekend after Pebble. Not enough time to do everything! Roland, here are your pics from the Concorso Italiano in '03. Amazing how we talked our way to getting you onto the center green that year. The car speaks for itself!

Brett

24. Roland E Linder

Nov 3, 2003
    COLORADO
    Full Name:
    Roland E Linder
    Very cool shots Bretsky...This was a gutsy move from your part to get me in !!! This was FUN!!!
    This year, I'll stay in Denver for the GP...
    See you soon
    Roland
    F40 LM

25. Roland E Linder

Nov 3, 2003
    COLORADO
    Full Name:
    Roland E Linder
    I think that these pics were from 2002