Joe's CS and my 360 on the same boat????? | FerrariChat

Joe's CS and my 360 on the same boat?????

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by KenC, Jul 10, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. KenC

KenC Formula 3

Dec 7, 2003
    Kent, UK
    Full Name:
    Ken
    Just been told that my car arrives in UK in a week's time.

However, I won't be registering it until 1st September as I will be on holiday for half of the time between arrival and September.

That makes the waiting a little bit harder than the last 5 months.

I think a 54 plate will be worth about 3k more than a 04 plate car in a couple of year's time, so the wait is financially motivated. £3k for additional three weeks driving just doesn't make sense.

Ken

2. 360CS

360CS F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Kent
    Full Name:
    Joe J

Ken

I never looked at it like that, Is it best to wait to the 1st Sept ???

3. steve f

steve f F1 World Champ

Mar 15, 2004
    12cylinder town
    Full Name:
    steve
    i would its got a better book price when you go to sell it

4. jrs

jrs Formula 3

Jun 14, 2003
    UK
    Full Name:
    James S
    Surely things like year of manufacture, mileage and condition play a much biger role on F-Cars than 04 vs 54 ?

5. Andy hls

Andy hls Formula Junior

Dec 17, 2003
    Kent UK
    Full Name:
    Andy

Joe who you kidding.
    Theres no way if your cars ready that you are waiting till the 1st Sept, 3 grand or not. And who can blame you.

Andy.

6. KenC

KenC Formula 3

Dec 7, 2003
    Kent, UK
    Full Name:
    Ken
    Joe,

I guess if I was not away for three weeks out of the six I would be tempted to register it and enjoy what should be the best weather of the year (hopefully). It does't make sense for me to pay £1k for each additional week I could drive it, especially as I am quite enjoying running in another car that is less than two weeks old, so I already have a new toy, albeit not an Fcar.

I am basing the £3k on the difference between a 2002/02 and 2002/52 in Glass's Guide.

Perhaps it will be different for the CS, due to lower volume. Don't let me put you off your plans.

Ken

7. robinh

robinh Formula Junior

Jan 3, 2004
    Cambridgeshire, Engl
    Full Name:
    Robin
    Without even having taken delivery of the car you shouldn't be thinking about what to do about selling it. Get the car, get the keys, start it and drive it. Glasses guide is a pile of poo, your car will sell for what it's worth on the day you sell it and for a CS that could be good news (if things stay the way they look now) or bad news if other factors come into play.

Robin

PS In the three weeks you let it sit at the garage you will get three weeks older and might even get run over by a bus without ever driving it

8. Dale

Dale F1 Veteran

Oct 7, 2003
    uk
    Full Name:
    Dale Juan
    Andy how's the 348 going,
    I agree soon as Joe gets the CS he's off to get some miles on her,wonder how many miles Joe will do before he hits the race mode button,

cheers
    Dale.

9. 360CS

360CS F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Kent
    Full Name:
    Joe J

Dale at least 3 m8 :) .Be sure to book off the FOC Trackday in Oct Dale that will be superb test for the car :)

10. Dale

Dale F1 Veteran

Oct 7, 2003
    uk
    Full Name:
    Dale Juan
    Just let me know the dates Joe and im there m8,

cheers
    Dale.