Photos from Lime Rock | FerrariChat

Photos from Lime Rock

Discussion in 'New England' started by fastautos, Jul 9, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. fastautos

fastautos Formula Junior

May 24, 2004
    Pasadena, CA
    Full Name:
    Drew Phillips
    #1 fastautos, Jul 9, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  2. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    That #4 pontoon Testa Rossa is unbelievably gorgeous, has to be 1 of the sexiest cars ever. Very nice shots :)

I'm going to see if I can get a shot of that TR with my TR tomorow

3. PistolPete

PistolPete Karting

Dec 14, 2003
    New York, NY
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Nice pictures fastauto.

I was out there today too.

Tell me, where did you get the show of the silver 360? Seems as if you were almost overhead.

What type of camera did you use? I had a 300mm lens and I'm not sure if I was even able to fill the frame up.

My digital point and shoot was more useful for Photoshop cropping. Damn, I need to upgrade to a digital SLR...

Some of my shots from the point and shoot:

http://ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23870

-Pete

4. fastautos

fastautos Formula Junior

May 24, 2004
    Pasadena, CA
    Full Name:
    Drew Phillips
    It's on the straight before the uphill right-hander on the back side of the track. You can get a pretty good view of the cars below.

I've got a Nikon D70 with a 70-300mm lens, but I also have a photo pass so I can get closer to the track.

5. Greg G

Greg G F1 Rookie

holy cow - my pix suck compared to yours... Im sorry I ven posted mine now. Lets see those 1000 or so! beautiful work!

6. adeseta

adeseta Rookie

Feb 6, 2004
    Fast Autos,
    Please post more photos,the ones you showed are outstanding! My son and I attended our first Ferrari event at Lime Rock Sat. and it was a dream come true for us. Seeing a 250 TR, 500TRC, 250GTO ect. up close and on the track really made an impression,Lime rock is a beautiful setting and everyone we met was very nice. We will be back again. We took photos, but nothing to compare to your pictures.

7. fastautos

fastautos Formula Junior

May 24, 2004
    Pasadena, CA
    Full Name:
    Drew Phillips
    I'll post the rest when I get home later this week. I ended up taking over 1300 pictures!

8. karc

karc Formula Junior

Nov 19, 2003
    welcome to the site drew :) awesome pics as always. i wish i went now. look forward to the rest.

9. enjoythemusic

enjoythemusic F1 World Champ

Apr 20, 2002
    Worldwide
    Full Name:
    Steven
    AWESOME!!!! Thanks for the pics!

10. SilverF20C

SilverF20C Formula 3

Jun 22, 2004
    Great photos!

11. 360gt

360gt Rookie

May 24, 2004
    Cambridge, Massachusetts
    Full Name:
    Neal
    Any chance you have some pictures of the 07 360GT? I look frward to seeing some of your other pics.

12. fastautos

fastautos Formula Junior

May 24, 2004
    Pasadena, CA
    Full Name:
    Drew Phillips
    360gt - let me check my computer.....yes, I think I happened to take a few photos of your car.

OF COURSE I have photos of your car! :) I think I took at least a couple dozen. I sorted out the doubles and the slightly blurry shots and put them in a gallery for you:

http://www.fast-autos.net/gallery/360gtlimerock

13. 360gt

360gt Rookie

May 24, 2004
    Cambridge, Massachusetts
    Full Name:
    Neal
    Thank you so much, these pictures are the best. They are the first good ones I have seen of the car at speed. Now I just need someone to record the sound of the car so I know what it sounds like and I will be all set.

14. 360gt

360gt Rookie

May 24, 2004
    Cambridge, Massachusetts
    Full Name:
    Neal
    Hello Fast autos,

Any chance of acquiring some high res, pics of the GT?

15. fastautos

fastautos Formula Junior

May 24, 2004
    Pasadena, CA
    Full Name:
    Drew Phillips
    Just tell me which ones you want.

If you want to make posters, I'd recommend using clubphoto.com - they make excellent prints.

16. erapp

erapp Rookie

Jul 11, 2004
    Hey guys,

My brother & I went Saturday and took some snaps of the festivities... thanks to all who contibuted their rides for some great subject matter. William H.... I have to say you've got the most bad-ass 512 TR I've ever seen. It was a pleasure hearing that flat-12's exhaust note from just about anywhere on the track... just awesome!

Anyways, here's the link to my webshots page, though they're not as nice as fastauto's (nice work, BTW). Hi-res versions can be had by hitting the link under the individual photos... I hope you like them.

http://community.webshots.com/user/erikrapp

Oh! Does anyone know if the 275 NART Spyder that was there is real or a converted GT/B?... just wondering. Thanks!

Erik...

17. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER

18. Old Guy

Old Guy Formula Junior
    Honorary

Dec 1, 2003
    No longer here
    The 275 at Lime Rock belongs to Bob Bodin, who was racing his 250 SWB. It's a conversion done by Bob some 20 years ago. Tony Wang has a 275 NART Spyder, the ex-Steve McQueen car, but this isn't it.