tires | FerrariChat

tires

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by f355b, Jul 9, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. f355b

f355b Formula Junior

Jan 23, 2004
    Little Silver,NJ
    need a little help here, i pulled out a HUGE nail from the rear tire of my car the whole was so big i need to replace. been looking around cant find any in stock...............any ideas?

Pirelli PZero
    Asimmetrico
    265-40-ZR 18 97Y

i'll take two if any knows where to get?

1995 f355b

2. LetsJet

LetsJet F1 Veteran
    Owner

May 24, 2004
    DC/LA/Paris/Haleiwa
    Full Name:
    Mr.
    I wanted you to know I looked on tirerack for you and they are special order. Also, I called a tire guy who is good and local to me and the phone was busy when I called.

I tried for ya..........

good luck

FYI -

I've been told some are going to 295/35R18 for the rear and they are in stock at tirerack

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/CompareTireResults.jsp?startIndex=0&frontWidth=255%2F&frontRatio=35&frontDiameter=18&rearWidth=295%2F&rearRatio=35&rearDiameter=18&width=&ratio=&diameter=&search=true&pagelen=20&pagenum=1&pagemark=1&manufacturer=Michelin&manufacturer=Pirelli&speed_rating=VR&speed_rating=WR&speed_rating=YR&speed_rating=ZR

3. f355b

f355b Formula Junior

Jan 23, 2004
    Little Silver,NJ
    yes they had 265-35 but wasnt sure if i needed to stick to the same size?
    can the rims take larger tires? ie 295?

4. LetsJet

LetsJet F1 Veteran
    Owner

May 24, 2004
    DC/LA/Paris/Haleiwa
    Full Name:
    Mr.
    I don't think 265/35 would be the correct size. The 295/35 is closer to the stock rpm #'s. But double check for yourself.

Here is some info for you - Good luck and let me know what you decide

- E

http://ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23571

5. solly

solly Formula 3

Jun 2, 2001
    Westchester NY
    Full Name:
    Dr. Steven S.
    Try Bob Woodman. He has a website but I don't have the link handy.

We just had a major discussion with the dealer over Ferrari tires. Basically it goes like this:

Pirelli REQUIRES their dealers to add on an additional charge for the same Pirelli tire if it's being sold to put on a Ferrari. Typically about $100. BMW uses the same tire that the 360 uses in front (215/45/18, or 235/645/18 slicks). Tire distributors code this tire once as a Ferrari 360 tire with $100 added on, and once as a BMW tire at $100 less. Our Ferrari dealer called the distributor and ordered 10 BMW tires, but he was recognized by the salesperson who refused to sell them to him, claiming Pirelli would bust a gut. This is INSANE PRICE GOUGING.

One alternative I will be exploring is using non-standard sizes (e.g 245/680/18 slicks in front). These are available at market price without the $100 surcharge since they are not Ferrari-specified sizes. This whole thing makes me nuts. In fact, I just changed my street car tires to Potenza S-02A's at a fraction of the Pirelli cost and I love them!!. Unfortunately Pirelli has pretty much cornered the market on slicks for the 360 CH in the specified sizes. I refuse to allow myself to be so shamelessly exploited, so I will either buy "off-size" tires or try to find another brand of slick (very hard, I've been looking all week). S_ _ _W Pirelli!!!

6. f355b

f355b Formula Junior

Jan 23, 2004
    Little Silver,NJ
    i cant find any 265-40-18 Pirelli tires to fit on the rear of a 355 i can get 275 even 295 what can i use? just 265's?

7. solly

solly Formula 3

Jun 2, 2001
    Westchester NY
    Full Name:
    Dr. Steven S.
    You can usually go 10mm wider with no problem, so 275's should work just fine. Just make sure you are already not at your rim limit with the 265's. Woodman should have a chart showing suggested rim sizes for any tire as well as a range of rim sizes for every tire. If Woodman does not have that chart check tirerack.com.