Will the new c6 still be a great car for the money? | FerrariChat

Will the new c6 still be a great car for the money?

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by scycle2020, Jul 11, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. scycle2020

scycle2020 F1 Rookie

Jan 26, 2004
    potomac
    pricing for the new c6 is out, you can order a car now and have it by oct. or nov..... a well equuiped coupe will around 50k and the conv around 60k...this is with the desireable options, such as mag suspension, power seats, etc.... now you buy a used c5 conv. 2002, for 35-40k, i bought my 2001 conv for 48knew...is the vette still going to be a great value? i am sure it will be an improvement over the c5, but is the price getting to close to the more prestige brands such as m3, m5, porsche and amg mb and even vipers? just a question to ponder

2. 575Mike

575Mike Formula 3

Mar 11, 2004
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Seppy, are dealers near you offering cars at MSRP? And can they get me a car by the end of the year?

The dealer I know here is charging $5K over list, as I found out last week when I made an inquiry. Thanks.

Mike

3. Agent Smith

Agent Smith Formula 3

Apr 20, 2002
    I think it will still be a tremendous value. I don't care at all for GM cars, but LOVE the new Vette. If I had $50k to drop on a sports car, it would seriously tempt me.......

When I saw it at the auto show I thought it looked sweet. And then I saw that they had actually improved the interior in a BIG way, not making it look like a plastic toy. It should sell very, VERY well.

4. scycle2020

scycle2020 F1 Rookie

Jan 26, 2004
    potomac
    i am glad it looks good in person, the pics dont do i t justice

5. scycle2020

scycle2020 F1 Rookie

Jan 26, 2004
    potomac
    mike, i will call the guy i talked to yesterday and the other local big dealer on monday and inquire futher.... i was under the impression that is what he said... he may have exagerated the delievery date to intice me to order now....like any other mass produced car, if one is will to wait, the price will come down dramatically.... i understand there was a 6 month waiting list on the c5 cab when it came out in 99

6. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    I think it will be, following the tradition of the old vette. The replacement of the Zo6 is what you should really look out for.

Side note: Edited the thread title so it looked a little neater, hope you do not mind, if you do, I will reverse it.

Vote Auraraptor for Classics Moderator! :)

7. scycle2020

scycle2020 F1 Rookie

Jan 26, 2004
    potomac
    thanks omar, i didnt like how i asked the question.....feel free to edit my sentence structure in the future!!!!!

8. netviper

netviper Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    Saint Augustine
    Full Name:
    Dave
    I saw the c6 vette at a vette show a few months ago. I must say, I was totally unimpressed. I think the C5 looks better in everyway except the rear. The interior looks nicer, but still feels cheap to the touch. The materials are not much better than what is in there now.

I have no doubt the car will perform amazing, but from the looks point of view, it does not get my vote..