4 Failures- FIA needs to ground Renault | FerrariChat

4 Failures- FIA needs to ground Renault

Discussion in 'F1' started by Frank_C, Jul 11, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Frank_C

Frank_C F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2004
    Whistling through the wheat field in Texas
    Full Name:
    Frank Cavallo
    Four rear suspension failures, with that horrible hit Trulli took today. What does the FIA need for someone to get killed driving a Renault.

2. beast

beast F1 World Champ

May 31, 2003
    Lewisville, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Guess
    It is not just Renault that is having issues with the equipment this year. Look at the wheel failure that Jordan had on Friday. The failures could happen to any of the teams on the grid.

Case in point Ferrari uses the same make of wheels that Jordan uses. A wheel failure was suspected in Rubens hitting the wall at Indy in 2002 also lets not forget Rubens suspension failure at the Hungaroing last year. The Jordan rear wing failure for Ralph Firman at the same race. Massa's suspension failure in Canada......

The cars are considered to be prototype vehicles and failure is what inproves the breed. Computer modeling may be able to spot most of the weak areas in a design but it cannot compute all possible loadings and the hardest item to simulate...... Human mistakes.... all of the Renault suspension failures could have been caused by mistakes or hidden flaws in the manufacture of the part, The Assembly of the suspension, or the driver bouncing off of something or another car 2 corners prior to the failure. All of the failures could have been caused by different factors and may not be related at all.

3. Frank_C

Frank_C F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2004
    Whistling through the wheat field in Texas
    Full Name:
    Frank Cavallo
    I agree equipment fails i.e. the wheel failure. However, there is something more than coincidence with Renault over the last few races....coincidental with the upgraded higher HP engine????

Canada: Trulli at the start, Alonso into the barrier
    Indy: Alonso hit the wall
    Today

All rear suspension failures. Maybe I'm wrong, and maybe Renault/Sato are just getting the engines/suspensions built on mondays and fridays...........

Frankly, if JPM was driving a Renault I couldn't give a rats @ss.

4. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Tyre blew, caused by picking up track debris ...

Pete

5. 62 250 GTO

62 250 GTO F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Nova Scotia Canada
    Full Name:
    Neil
    Any failure can cause a crash.
    Any incorrect movement by a driver can cause a wreck.
    Any slight imperfections can cause a collision.
    Racing is risky Period