VIDEO: STREET DRIVEN 348 CHALLENGE | FerrariChat

VIDEO: STREET DRIVEN 348 CHALLENGE

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Juan-Manuel Fantango, Jul 11, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Juan-Manuel Fantango

Juan-Manuel Fantango F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 18, 2004
    Full Name:
    Juan
    My new record, 648 miles this weekend. Asheville NC, Blue Ridge Parkway, great new friends, incredible scenery, Grove Park Inn, all in a former 348 Challenge. I love to drive this car.

Yes, you apparently can drive a former track prepared 348 Challenge on the street!

No air, but interior was added back to the car.

http://ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23970

With such great routes on the Blue Ridge Parkway, a world class resort like Grove Park Inn, as well as Asheville NC, why not a FCA event or drive?

J David

2. Mike328

Mike328 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 19, 2002
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    Mike
    AWESOME footage!

Driver(s) should learn how to heel and toe and/or match revs on downshift... Will make the experience that much more exhilarating!

Love the tunnel!

3. KNanthrup

KNanthrup Karting

Jan 14, 2004
    Issaquah, WA
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    sweet video... just curious because somehow i missed it, but what car(s) was he chasing?

4. NickM3

NickM3 Formula Junior

Nov 23, 2003
    Full Name:
    Nick Y.
    From the last little section that shows the tunnel...i think its a MB AMG of some sorts. Looked a lot like the interior of a C43 AMG i sat in.

5. RedlineG60

RedlineG60 Formula 3

Dec 25, 2003
    Simpsonville, SC
    Full Name:
    Andy Thomason
    Haha David! you beat me to it!

Thanks for the INSANE ride man that was incredible. Anytime you're in Gville gimme a call man.

The car in front and at the end is CiLKy's CLK430.

Later,

Andy

6. thadbrown

thadbrown Karting

Nov 3, 2003
    cant see it want too though. the bandwidth was exceeded when i tried at 6:45am eastern

thad

7. L8Braker

L8Braker Formula 3

Nov 10, 2003
    Asheville NC
    Full Name:
    Jeremy Stafford
    Yeah it is my CLK-430 that has a few mods.

I was the one driving in the last 15-30 seconds so I was taking it easy on the shifts didn't want to jam it up in there like you would with anything else.

David I had an awesome time and appreciate everything! I'll get a cd of video/pictures together and send it to you. I'll call you when it is ready.

L8tr
    Jeremy

8. Bandwidth limit exceeded... :(

9. RedlineG60

RedlineG60 Formula 3

Dec 25, 2003
    Simpsonville, SC
    Full Name:
    Andy Thomason
    Yea LOL my friend's gonna be pissed. I'm tryin to upload it somewhere else now. I should be able to. Might just throw it on RacingFlix while I'm at it. :D

- Andy

10. RedlineG60

RedlineG60 Formula 3

Dec 25, 2003
    Simpsonville, SC
    Full Name:
    Andy Thomason
  11. Cavallino Motors

Cavallino Motors F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

May 31, 2001
    Florida or Argentina
    Full Name:
    Martin W.
    Yes you can drive it on the street that does not make it street legal though.
    You can also drive 170Mph on the street, that is not legal either.

With street int. you will likely never asked or stoped but that again still does not make it legal.