What Is The WORST Part Of Your Job...? | FerrariChat

What Is The WORST Part Of Your Job...?

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by 134282, Jul 11, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    i figured i'd contrast the other thread with this one...

The worst part about my job is that, eventually, i get tired and i have to go home... It's difficult to deal with but i manage and it's only a matter of time before i wake up and come back here... :)

What about you...?

2. UroTrash

UroTrash Three Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Jan 20, 2004
    Purgatory
    Full Name:
    Clifford Gunboat
    I won't even START to respond to this. You're welcome. :)

3. MarkPDX

MarkPDX F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Apr 21, 2003
    Gulf Coast
    Go ahead, as long as you don't post any pictures you probably won't get banned :D

4. MY355

MY355 Formula Junior

Feb 4, 2004
    NYC and AZ
    The fact that I still need to be there.(Babysitting building a franchise)

That I don't "yet" make all passive income.

Oh yea I hate my F%$^in copy/fax piece of crap.It has too many options and confuses the **** out of me .I swear one day Ill send that thing out thru the office window.It will be worth EVERY PENNY of damage!!LOL :)

MY355

5. ramone_johnny

ramone_johnny Rookie

Apr 19, 2004
    one word....."clients"

6. AJS328

AJS328 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Apr 23, 2003
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Augustine Staino
    Bingo

7. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Doing starter motors on old M-benz's
    C.V. boot replacment on any older none serviced 308
    scraping cam cover gaskets on the front head of tha 308
    Doing a starter motor on a 365GTC2+2..2 fraking days!!

Oh..dirty hands and too many cuts.

8. ralessi

ralessi Formula 3

May 26, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Rikk

... Damn it feels good to be a gangsta ...

9. TC (Houston)

TC (Houston) Formula Junior

Feb 5, 2002
    Houston
    "PC Load Letter"? WTF does that mean?

10. 96impalaSS

96impalaSS F1 Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Chris
  11. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Day job: Threat of layoffs every 3 months for past 3 years. It gets old. You just want to know one way or another. If you are keeping your job, then great, let's get on with work. If you're going to loose your job, then you want to know so you can make other plans. It's about an 8 week process for each layoff. You know they're coming, so you don't get work done, but your recruiting contacts get tired of you crying wolf every time.

FerrariChat.com: Answering dozens of questions a day about basic operations of the site. I know it's part of the job, but sometimes I'm just teaching computers 101. Worrying about and working on any software/server issues are the most stressful. The past two months was really hard on me although the outages were only 1.25% of the time. You never know when they would happen, many times when I was asleep or out of town.

I have good news on both fronts though. I'll announce something shortly about my day job and with FC the new server has solved all our stability problems. 100% uptime since!

12. BWS550

BWS550 Wants to be a mod

Apr 1, 2002
    NEW JERSEY
    Full Name:
    BRUCE WELLINGTON
    SEEING THAT I WORK 2 1/2 DAYS JUST FOR THE GOVERNMENT WHEN I TAKE MY WEEKLY CHECK...."MY WORST PART OF MY JOB"

13. Wolfgang

Wolfgang F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 8, 2003
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Full Name:
    Wolfgang
    Colse to our damn f**** tax system Bruce.
    Germany:
    - income-tax
    -turnover-tax
    -value added-tax
    ...thats allt ogether 51%!!!!!!

14. Schatten

Schatten F1 World Champ
    Owner

Apr 3, 2001
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Randy
    lately - the 12-14 hour workdays spent cleaning up the "consultant's" mistakes. no one bothered to do a reference check on this guy. =/ shame shame shame.

also... coming in on a Monday morning and being too swamped to call Carbon back when he left a message for me at work on Sunday. sorry man, give me a ring back.

15. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
    I love designing secure, scalable and budget-friendly solutions to challenges. I hate being overrruled for political expediency and having to build slapdash 'solutions' that are immediately outdated and undersized. We just eventually have to build them again, so why not do it right the first time?

16. GoFerrari28

GoFerrari28 Formula 3

Jun 16, 2004
    Ridgemont, CA
    Full Name:
    Jeff Spicoli
    paying the IRS half of my freakin' income because not everyone wants to work hard and make money but would rather pop out kids like a Pez dispenser

17. BWS550

BWS550 Wants to be a mod

Apr 1, 2002
    NEW JERSEY
    Full Name:
    BRUCE WELLINGTON
    AMEN TO THAT...THANK THE GOVT FOR FOOD STAMPS, WELFARE, AND A COLLEGE EDUCATION FOR JAIL BIRDS...MAKES ME SICK.........

WOLFIE...MY CAR IS FOR SALE, WANT IT??

BRUCE

18. AJS328

AJS328 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Apr 23, 2003
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Augustine Staino
    Couldn't have said it better myself! Maybe our good citizenship (i.e. we pay our bills, don't abuse the system, etc.) will pay off in the next life.

19. Bryanp

Bryanp F1 Rookie

Aug 13, 2002
    Santa Fe, NM
    opposing counsel

20. coolestkidever

coolestkidever F1 Veteran

Feb 28, 2004
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    Surely you jest.

21. coolestkidever

Feb 28, 2004
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    the worst day was when i had to work at the Governer of New Jersey's mansion the other day. Woke up at 2 in the morning, drove an hour there, set up 16 tables, 175 chairs, then had to cover them and put all the dishes and other stuff out, then had to wear a tuxedo in 90 degree heat (that was tons of fun), serve food, then clean up everything, move it all to a tent, set it all up again, put the tux back on in 90 degree weather again, serve food, clean it all up, load all the trucks, drive another hour back home. Got home at 5 pm, i was really tired, so what did i do. Went into philly and went to a concert then walked around south street for a while. Sorry guys im just venting.

But the worst part of my job is wearing a tux in 90 degree weather soometimes and being on my feet for more than 12 hours at a time.

22. AJS328

AJS328 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Apr 23, 2003
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Augustine Staino
    It depends. Are you referring to my mention of an afterlife or simply my ideologies?

23. Schatten

Schatten F1 World Champ
    Owner

Apr 3, 2001
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Randy
    Comprende. But the companies are frightened if you don't work once they tell you. It would be weird for them to tell you up front, even though the black cloud is over your head all the time. Get on with it - that's the right thought. Yet, they will lie and say "no, no layoffs will be happening". Next thing you know, you are out the door. Quite horrible living under that black cloud. But it is a facet of working in the private sector in large corporations these days. Performance & loyalty mean nothing.

Let me know how I can help out - anything to take off a few questions from your pile of to-do lists. I take a few every few days. Perhaps a "site info/questions" forum would be useful. I'd hate to add another forum just to add a forum, but it might come in handy.

24. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Yes, all the moderators have been a huge help. All the reported posts go to you and not me anymore. Thank you!

FAQ is on the list.

25. coolestkidever

Feb 28, 2004
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    both