Best Resort in the Caribbean? | FerrariChat

Best Resort in the Caribbean?

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by Clax, Jul 12, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Clax

Clax Formula 3

Oct 3, 2002
    I am planning a getaway for me, my girlfriend and another couple. Any recommendations on destinations in the Caribbean? We look for the usual things (beautiful beach, top notch resort, great food, great service, etc). Thanks!

2. LetsJet

LetsJet F1 Veteran
    Owner

May 24, 2004
    DC/LA/Paris/Haleiwa
    Full Name:
    Mr.
    St Lucia:

Jalousie

Barbados:

St. James Club

Antigua:

Carlyle Bay; Curtain Bluff

Bahamas:

Ocean Club; Four Seasons

....just to name a few

3. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    Have to agree w/ Jalousie in St. Lucia, the personal plunge pools are great. My personal favorite is Caneel Bay on St. John, followed closely by Little Dix Bay on Virgin Gorda (no surprise the same company owns them). Caneel has 7 different beaches on the property, and they're all gorgeous. The St James club on Antigua is nice. Also consider the Four Seasons on Nevis, La Samana on St. Martin, or the Cuisinart place on Anguilla.

I just got back from a week at the Bitter End Yacht Club on Virgin Gorda. It was great, but not if you're a beach person. Their beaches leave a lot to be desired, but you can take a boat and go to any number of private ones if you don't like theirs. They also don't have A/C in the beach front rooms. Probably not an issue if you're not there in the summer. The food was amazing, and it's all inclusive. The 'all inclusive' also includes all of their boats that you can use at will. The 12' Boston Whalers are the most popular, just load up your gear and go. All the daily excursions are part of the package too.

Depending on where you are in the Carribean, take a day trip to either Jost Van Dyke or Anegada. They have some of the most beautiful beaches I've ever seen. White Bay on Jost is the kind of place I could retire, just sipping Painkillers until my time is over.

4. coolestkidever

coolestkidever F1 Veteran

Feb 28, 2004
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    Atlantis in the bahamas, really over priced but alot of fun. not sure if its what u want, but its the only one ive been 2.

5. LetsJet

LetsJet F1 Veteran
    Owner

May 24, 2004
    DC/LA/Paris/Haleiwa
    Full Name:
    Mr.
    Another nice thing about Jalousie is the heli pad on property. I've used it to speed up the transfer to the airport.

Virgin Gorda - all the BVIs are great. I spent a week on Necker Island with some friends and the beach is real nice.

6. bobleb

bobleb Formula 3

Mar 9, 2004
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Bob Lebenson
    1. Cap Juluca in Anguilla. The best resort I've ever been to, anywhere.

2. Peter Island, near Tortola. Not quite in the same class, but excellent nevertheless.

7. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna
    Being from the Caribbean I've been to most of the islands. I really prefer the mountainous islands like Martinique, Trinidad, and Dominica but I had the best vacation of my life in Anguilla. It's a great island for a holiday.

8. staceman

staceman Karting

Sep 23, 2003
    At Home
    Full Name:
    SGT
    I second Bobleb's Cap Juluca recommendation. In fact you'll find the entire island of Anguilla to be quite tranquil. It has wonderful beaches and restaurants and you're only a 20 minute ferry ride away from St. Marteen, French side. Bottom line is that Anguilla is still user friendly but with all the amenities you'll need. And it hasn't succumbed to the touristy influence like a St. Martin, Barbados, or St. Lucia. Cap Juluca is probably one of the more romantic get-a-ways I've been to either in North America, Europe or Asia. Here's a very useful link. http://www.news.ai/ Good luck!