Stradale Under 103dB? | FerrariChat

Stradale Under 103dB?

Discussion in '360/430' started by WCH, Jul 12, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. WCH

WCH F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 16, 2003
    I know this has been discussed, but I'm not sure the question has been definitely answered - does anyone know whether a stock Stradale can meet the 103dB Laguna Seca sound max?

Thanks, Will

2. robinh

robinh Formula Junior

Jan 3, 2004
    Cambridgeshire, Engl
    Full Name:
    Robin
    If the values stay shut during the test it will do it, valvues open - no chance. What rpm do they measure at?

3. WCH

WCH F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 16, 2003
    Robin, at Laguna Seca - at least, last time I was there - sound was measured from a point just after a turn (microphone or whatever well off track to the driver's right), where one would normally be going flat out - valves open! I've heard of folks weaving driver's left, or lifting, to try to make the sound restrictions. I'm on the East Coast of the US, and there's no sense shipping my car to CA only to find I can't meet the sound restrictions.

Will

4. Gary(SF)

Gary(SF) F1 Rookie

Oct 13, 2003
    Los Altos Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Gary B.
    The sound measuring shack is off the track (to the right) between turns 5 and 6, an uphill straight. I've seen everything from mods that put a right-angle bend to the left in the exhaust tips to just lifting or short shifting as you pass the shack. FWIW, for those of you wondering, Tubi and Capristo (level 2) on stock 360's are fine, even on 92dB days.

Gary

5. 4i2fly

4i2fly Formula 3

Apr 16, 2004
    SF, Bay Area
    103db should be fine with CS' exhaust, I think this is their race day limit. On regular days it is at 92db. However, if you get black flagged next time between turn 5 & 6 either let off the gas a bit or short shift and problem solved! Ship your car you will enjoy driving the track in a 360.