Helmet painting | FerrariChat

Helmet painting

Discussion in 'California & Nevada (Northern)' started by GoFerrari28, Jul 10, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. GoFerrari28

GoFerrari28 Formula 3

Jun 16, 2004
    Ridgemont, CA
    Full Name:
    Jeff Spicoli
    Hi All. Can anyone reccomend a good helmet painter? I just bought a new Sparco lid and wanted to get it done. The last guy I used did a crappy job and returned my helmet to me with parts from the visor assembly missing, not to mention 3 months late.

Thanks

2. Ferrari Fanatic

Ferrari Fanatic Formula 3

Apr 2, 2003
    SoCal
    Oh yeah, there is a guy that does immaculate work and his shop is in Sacramento. Call Dave at Streamline Designs, he is at (916)334-8508. Tell him Paul from the Bay Area sent you and he will get you dialed in. He does a TON of work for all racers (karting, motocross, road racers, etc). His work is awesome and prices are very reasonable.

3. LetsJet

LetsJet F1 Veteran
    Owner

May 24, 2004
    DC/LA/Paris/Haleiwa
    Full Name:
    Mr.
    What do you want done. Just paint or airbrushing an illistration?

4. GoFerrari28

GoFerrari28 Formula 3

Jun 16, 2004
    Ridgemont, CA
    Full Name:
    Jeff Spicoli
    I want a few colors, mainly medium metallic blue and silver, but I also want the cavallino on my helmet as well as one other desighn on the back of my lid. Either that or a copy of Alexander Wurz' helmet; I always liked that one.

Thanks Paul, that's great. I'd rather hire someone local to me than someone 2 hours away that doesn't answer his phone. I hope he does good work. I'll let you know.

5. Ricambi America

Ricambi America F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Owner

6. 308 GTB

308 GTB F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 7, 2002
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Barry Wolinsky
    I agree with Daniel. Contact Mike Charness. I sent him my old Bell Mag II and asked him to recreate Jackie Stewart's late 1960s/early 1970s helmet for me. These pictures only begin to express his abilities. He toned the colors to make the helmet look like a well-preserved vintage helmet. Please visit his website.

Barry

7. Ferrari Fanatic

Apr 2, 2003
    SoCal
    Hey Angelo, trust me I have seen a ton of that guys work and you will be more than happy. His shop is not much to brag about but the work he does speaks for it's self. Post some pics when you get that Bad Boy back!

8. GoFerrari28

GoFerrari28 Formula 3

Jun 16, 2004
    Ridgemont, CA
    Full Name:
    Jeff Spicoli

Paul: I just met Dave during lunch and he does some fantastic work: I saw a set of Harley tins that he just finsihed that absolutely shine in sunlight. Lines are clean and crisp, and the pinstripe detail is fantastic. I'm going to finalize the design in the next day or so, and I'll put up a pic of my lid when it's done.

9. Ferrari Fanatic

Apr 2, 2003
    SoCal
    Yeah, that guy is pretty anal (very detailed oriented)=good for the consumer. He will not put anything out with his name on it unless it is perfect. Careful with that lid once you get it back. Dave will walk you through it but you will want to keep a helmet bag ready. Enjoy!

10. jdehnert

jdehnert Rookie

Jul 14, 2004
    Rohnert Park, CA
    Full Name:
    James Dehnert Sr