New 550 owner in San Diego! | FerrariChat

New 550 owner in San Diego!

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by Thatsmytoy, May 5, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Thatsmytoy

Thatsmytoy Karting

Nov 5, 2003
    San Diego, CA
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Ok...my 99 NART Blue/tan 550 arrived from FSF yesterday....ooohhh...like everyone says....its the acceleration* Because i'm 6'6", I had the pedals spaced to accomodate my size 14 shoes!(see pic) The pedals seem good. Going to get the seat lowered 1" soon, after I enjoy a few days of driving the backroads.... Thanks to everyone for the 550 buyers guide advice!
    Bill in San Diego

2. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    love the quilted rear shelf!!!

3. Doody

Doody F1 Veteran

Nov 16, 2001
    MA USA
    Full Name:
    Mr. Doody
    gorgeous blue - congrats! enjoy it in good health.

doody!

4. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    Congratulations Bill! What a terrific color. What a terrific machine. You know us: can't ever get enough pics, so please take more and post when you get a chance.

Give us some background: did you look long and hard? High and low?

5. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    Glad it all worked out.

--Dan

6. garysp7

garysp7 Formula Junior

Mar 28, 2004
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Gary
    Hi Bill:
    I am now looking at 550's in the Florida area and the Rousch report. How many did you look at and how long did it take you to find the car?
    Great looking car.
    Gary

7. Chip D

Chip D Formula Junior

Sep 13, 2003
    Louisiana
    Great Color!!

8. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Hey Gary, just for Ss and Gs, I'm building a database of all 550s that are currently on the market. If you promise to update it with those cars that I'm missing, I'll be glad to send you a copy.

Dr "Spreadsheet" Tax

9. garysp7

garysp7 Formula Junior

Mar 28, 2004
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Gary
    Hi Dr. Tax
    I am not sure what "S and G"s are. Smiles and grins maybe?
    But I would be glad to give you any information I find.
    I just drove a pretty nice 550 at Sheltons. it was a 7 out of 10 car.
    99 with 11,000 miles on it. No shields. Had Tubis on it. Slight dashboard shrinkage which they intend to repair. Left side of drivers seat (poer control button part) pulling away from seat. 149,000.Red & Tan
    I have others I can tell you about but my wife is calling me for dinner.
    Can you send me your spredsheet?
    gary

10. Texas Forever

Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    PM me your email address

11. Doody

Doody F1 Veteran

Nov 16, 2001
    MA USA
    Full Name:
    Mr. Doody
    and why might we be doing this, kind sir?

you selling? or are you REALLY bored?

doody.

12. Texas Forever

Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Hey, you didn't see me pissing and moaning when you had all those inane posts due to cabin fever did you? Actually, I'm trying to build a depreciation model for 575s and 550s. Wanna pitch in?

13. garysp7

garysp7 Formula Junior

Mar 28, 2004
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Gary
    Ok, I'm back from dinner.
    My e-mail is: [email protected]
    A spreadsheet model for depreciation on a 550 and 575.
    Very cool, I would like to see it when you are done.
    I am planning on depreciating mine as soon as I get it.
    To continue about the cars;
    I also saw three 99 550's at the Toy Store in Ft. Lauderdale.
    Very clapped out. Two red ones and a yellow one.
    They had all repainted front noses and the yellow one had also had some major body work done. All presented as great cars with no damage and low miles. One red one, the belly pan had been ripped apart and half was missing. The yellow one, the trunk and body did not even line up.
    I would be interested in what you saw out there during your search.
    Thanks
    Gary

14. Texas Forever

Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    The first conclusion is that I know understand why Gerald Roush insists on VIN or chassis numbers. There is no way to keep track of these cars without it. Indeed, I have found a little bit of Internet hijacking where two dealers say that they have the same car. Imagine that.

So if you want to contribute, I need da number! This is the only way that you can know if you are dealing with a real car.

Plus, I really need 98s. I only have a few in the database.

Dale

15. garysp7

garysp7 Formula Junior

Mar 28, 2004
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Gary
    Ok, Dale:
    I have not bothered to date to check VIN numbers. So, far, I have looked at the Bar codes on the door panels and the inspection plates to confirm that they are US cars that have passed DOT and EPA. From now on, I will record the VIN numbers if I see any 98's. I really have limited my search so far to 99 or newer.
    Do you want data on these year cars?
    Your car looks very nice. How many miles did you have on it when you got it?
    Let me know if you hear of a 2000 or 01 in red/tan or red/saddle with the optional Fiorano handling package and/or with carbon fiber trim interior option, with shields, and low miles. any other options in addition are ok also, like tubis or rear shelf...
    Am I being picky or what:)) That is what I am waiting to find.
    Gary

16. ze_shark

ze_shark Formula 3

Jul 13, 2003
    Switzerland (NW)
    Congrats Bill ! Very pretty car, first 550 I see in Nart, which is a very, very pretty color (ok, i am biased ...)

17. buzduz74

buzduz74 Karting

Apr 19, 2004
    Boca Raton
    Full Name:
    Buzz Marcus
    I to and looking for a 550 in Florida and would love to see what you have come up with.
    Buzz

18. Aradune

Aradune Karting

Jul 11, 2004
    San Diego
    Let me know if you want to go on some canyon drives and up to Palomar Mountain (I have a 360 CS). [email protected]

19. 550

550 Rookie

Sep 19, 2003
    My 2000' 550 is for sale. nart blue, tan int., tubi, shelf, daytona seats, red cal., new michelins, 11,600mi. mint cond. $125,000

20. f355b

f355b Formula Junior

Jan 23, 2004
    Little Silver,NJ
    problem is you never answer any emails about your car, i have been trying fr over a month now.

21. riverflyer

riverflyer F1 Rookie

Nov 26, 2003
    Mendocino, Ca
    Full Name:
    John
    Bill, very nice car, I know you will enjoy every driving minute!! And even just looking at it in the garage is a pretty nice rush.
    BTW, how are you lowering the seat 1". I had a seat kit in my viper that allowed me to lower 1" and still slide or lower 2" and be fixed. I would be interested in lowering my seat 1" as it gives more sky and upward visibility. The headroom is adequate for me (at 6'3") but the frame above the window crowds just a bit. My email is [email protected] if you could pass on the seat info it would be much appreciated. John

22. Aradune

Aradune Karting

Jul 11, 2004
    San Diego
    #22 Aradune, Jul 14, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Who, him or me? With my recent 360 CS purchase, I'm trying to head out to Palomar Mountain, Mesa Grande, Highland Valley, etc. fairly often -- the CS is truly at home there. I usually go with some friends at work as well as some of the local NSX guys (I also have an NSX), but would love to see some other Ferraris out there as well.

San Diego Ferrari owners who really drive their cars, shoot me an email at [email protected] or [email protected]

(below: 1. my new 360 CS ready for a canyon run, 2. my old '99 360 Modena on the track and 3. A euro-spec F40 I rented and ran on the autobahn as well as the Nordshliefe (Nurburgring) -- now that was about as close to have a man can come to heaven on earth, outside of driving, say, an Enzo or even an F1 car at Suzuka :); 4. me on a brief but wonderful drive in the Enzo.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

23. 550

550 Rookie

Sep 19, 2003
    Sorry comp. problems. Try me again.

24. Texas Forever

Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    I realize that you may have not gotten much seat time in the Enzo, but how would you compare it to the CS?

Just curious in Texas

25. Ilya

Ilya Karting

Jul 14, 2004
    Socal
    Full Name:
    Ilya
    Thatsmytoy:

Do you live in Rancho Jamul?

I know of a guy that got a Blue 550 in Rancho Jamul, and from the background of those pics, it sure looks like it. I personally live in Scripps Ranch (San Diego), but I got to lots of parties in Jamul.

-Ilya