Say a little prayer for me... | FerrariChat

Say a little prayer for me...

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by MHaynes772, Jul 13, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. MHaynes772

MHaynes772 Karting

Jul 12, 2004
    Madison, Mississippi
    Full Name:
    Matthew Haynes
    Well I am trying really hard to pursue a career in the music business and tomorrow I go to record 2 songs on a CD to send to a radio station which they will choose 20 of the best to sing locally here. Then the winner from there goes to compete for Nashville Star. Also, I won an invitation to compete in the Mid-South Fair competition in Memphis, TN in September. Then also in October I am going to try out in New Orleans for American Idol. As you can see, I sing all varieties of music. I can sing country, also I sing Josh Groban's songs (for those of you who know his music), and Opera (including Phantom). This is something in life I would enjoy doing extremely! I am trying really hard right now taking voice lessons and just trying to do everything I can. I have NOT been on stage but twice ever, so I still get the jitters! (lol), but I am working on that. Sometimes that makes me sing a little better. But also, maybe someone on here knows someone that has connections! Haha, but really, just keep me in mind for the next couple of months and maybe soon, if everything goes well, I will be able to post pics of my new Ferrari! Thank yall.

2. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    Good Luck. Remember us Fchatters when you are on the top.

3. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    Is it true (what they say that happens) when you play country music backwards......

You get your old dog back, you get your girl back, your pick up truck works again, the war never started...?

DL

4. MHaynes772

MHaynes772 Karting

Jul 12, 2004
    Madison, Mississippi
    Full Name:
    Matthew Haynes
    HAHAHA!!

5. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    MHaynes,

Oops! I'm sorry but I meant to mention the most important thing....

Go get em!!

Best of luck to you!!

DL

6. AJS328

AJS328 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Apr 23, 2003
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Augustine Staino
    Buona Fortuna!

7. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Best of luck, dude...! Just know that the music industry is harder to break into than Fort Knox and that you need to keep your head up no matter what happens and always be persistent... Keep us posted on how you do... What kind of music are we talking about here...?

8. Fan512bbi

Fan512bbi Two Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2004
    Wales-UK
    Full Name:
    Steve.
    NNO could help you here he writes some brilliant and passionate things about the ENZO, but seriously never stop pursuing youre dreams and good luck.

9. AntonyR

AntonyR F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Antony
    Wish you the Best of Luck
    Its seems like your determined and have a positive attitude. That is all you need.
    Antony

10. MHaynes772

MHaynes772 Karting

Jul 12, 2004
    Madison, Mississippi
    Full Name:
    Matthew Haynes
    Well as of right now, there is no particular type of music that is set! Anything that is going to offer anything is good. Right now I am singing a little Country and some Josh Groban type music (don't know what you would call it) and also I sing a couple of Phantom of the Opera type songs. I do NOT do heavy metal and all that sh*t. A little rap, lol. Jk. Anyway, thanks for all the encouragment, you have NO IDEA how much that helps me. I also just found out that I will be trying out for American Idol on August 31st in New Orleans. I AM ALREADY NERVOUS!!

11. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    "Don't do a man no good, to pray for peace and rain"
    "It's just another way to say 'Prosperity'..."
    "And buffalo chips, is all it means, to me."

"Faster horses, younger women...."
    Tom T. Hall

12. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Break a leg! :)

13. axemansean

axemansean Formula Junior

Jul 11, 2004
    Good luck!!!

My 2 cents as a failed musician. Get to know the right people otherwise it'll be hard breaking out. Sometimes its good to be like the rest, you can be talented but unless your selling something that can be commericially viable they will ignore you. If you have a full band keep good dynamics within the organization. Don't let egos rule, they can really tear apart a good band and friendships.