Looking for Xbox racing game tester (Seattle Area) | FerrariChat

Looking for Xbox racing game tester (Seattle Area)

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by JoelR, Jul 14, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. JoelR

JoelR Rookie

Jul 14, 2004
    This is a post of a commercial nature but since it could very well be a "dream job" for someone on this board, hopefully it'll be tolerated.

Do you live and breathe cars? Do you know the difference between the sound of 4,5,6,8,10 and 12 cylinder engines? I am looking for an enthusiastic, detail-oriented self-starter to work on the Quality Assurance team for an upcoming Xbox racing simulation.

Qualifications: Applicant must possess strong problem-solving skills, be car, motorsport and/or audio knowledgeable and have a passion for learning more. Familiarity with programming concepts and the ability to read/understand source code are required but actual production programming skills are not.

Responsibilities: writing and executing detailed car-related test cases (physics, audio, performance upgrades, tuning, etc.), basic crash debugging, and writing/maintaining automated test scripts.

The job is located in Redmond, WA

Please send resumes/contact info to [email protected]

Thanks!

Joel

BTW, I am not a recruiter, will not receive any sort of referral bonus, etc. I am literally trying to find someone to work directly with me on a very cool but highly-demanding project.

2. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    SteveJ,
    This looks like right up your alley! Lookin' for a "second" job? ;) You could be on the "inside" of what's coming down the pipeline....

Dave

3. GWat

GWat Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    USA
    Wow, this could be what I am looking for in a job. I am 6 mos away from completing my credits for a BS in Computing Systems and Software at the UW and am in need of a intern/job in the field.

I think I am qualified but I do have one question. What is the qualification of "audio knowledgable"? In a past life I was a engineer in many LA recording studios. But, that is far removed from digital sampling and gave me no knowledge of AD/DA conversions.

I'll send them my resume and see if their interested.

4. stokpro

stokpro F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jun 25, 2003
    Himalayas
    Go for it Gwat! I have been doing XBOX playtests on the side for the last couple of years and it's a lot of fun. Would imagine it could be an exciting internship. Best of luck!

5. JoelR

JoelR Rookie

Jul 14, 2004
    In response to GWat: My definition of audio knowledgeable in terms of car sounds is someone who can distinquish between the sound of a variety of different engine types. For example, many people have a tough time telling the difference between the sound of a V6, V8, V10 and V12 -- this isn't what I'm looking for. Don't worry about AD/DA conversions -- all we need to be concerned with in Test is that the cars sound like they ought to.

Thanks for the interest!

Joel

6. jbrosseau

jbrosseau Karting

Nov 26, 2003
    kirkland,wa
    Full Name:
    joe brosseau
    I am perfect for the job in many respects. Im 23 have been around cars and motorcycles my entire life and have some computer background. Mainly in the way of autocad and cadcam. and some work with cnc mills. learned to drive at 5. bought my first car at 15. a 69' el camino with a terd 307 that i quickly replaced with a 400hp 355ci smallblock that i built. have loved anything italian since i can remember and currently have a 79' Ferrari 308GTS and a 00' Ducati 748R. I have lots and lots of useless info in my head waiting to get out and this may be what breaks open the dam. i learn anything new that is put in front of me fast. and when i say fast i mean it. at my current job, im one of a handfull of people in the US that is qualified to repair a certain tool in the constuction trade. well alot of people can repair them, but only a few do it well enough to make the tools work like new. i learned this inside and out of these tools and within 2 days could make a working tool from a bin of over 100 parts in under 30 minutes. this does not relate in a direct way, but it is a example of my learing ability and hands on skills. i might not be able to balance a checkbook, but i can tell the difference in exhaust note between a big block ford,chevy, and mopar. challenge me, if given a chance at anything i will always find a way to succeed. Joe
    [email protected]

7. Steve

Steve Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Steve Jenkins
    "Hehehe... Turd Fergeson.... It's a funny name."

(SNL Jeopardy Skit)