Ferrari Storage in LA county | FerrariChat

Ferrari Storage in LA county

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by Throttleman, Jul 11, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Throttleman

Throttleman Formula Junior

Sep 26, 2003
    Pasadena,CA
    Full Name:
    Jay Ablett
    I need your help! I have used up my gracious neighbors garage space long enough and have to find a new place to store my Model T Streetrod. I have asked some local storage companies and they tell me that I can not store a vehicle in a closed space due to gasoline/fire issues? All they have available is an open space that is not enclosed and is exposed to the elements. How can this be? Is Orange county different? I need to find an enclosed garage space to store it until it's sold. Does anyone on the board use enclosed storage that is safe and can recommend?

Distance is not an issue so long as it's safe. If anyone wants to rent me a spot I am desperate and would like to find something ASAP. All replies appreciated.

2. jordan747_400

jordan747_400 F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 9, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Jordan
    I would suggest trying as many storage places as you can, not just one. There are a few here in Irvine I can check out for you. Also one near Chapman University in Orange that I believe does vehicles as well. How long are you hoping to store?

3. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    Jay,

You've got mail.

DL

4. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    If the "you've got mail" doesn't work out, there's some storage places under freeways. For instance, on Argyle & Franklin, just above Capitol Records in Hollyweird is one that has open spaces for cars, boats, whatever in a fenced facility - use a car cover and you're all set. All without being in way of regular storage, which is covered with charming graphics.

5. Throttleman

Sep 26, 2003
    Pasadena,CA
    Full Name:
    Jay Ablett
    Thank you for these leads. I will investigate further.

Jordan- I'll likely store it 3-6 months (at least until it's sold).

Wax- The only problem with the car cover senario is that anyone can see that there is a supercharger underneath and remove it in short order with ordinary hand tools as there is no hood.

6. PCH

PCH F1 Rookie

Apr 7, 2004
    In Marina Del Rey there is a storage facility that will allow you to store cars inside. If the others don't work out I'll be glad to get you the contact info.

7. SrfCity

SrfCity F1 World Champ

Jay, I think your best and cheapest bet is to find someone willing to rent out a space in their garage. Put up ads or watch in the local rag........

8. Throttleman

Sep 26, 2003
    Pasadena,CA
    Full Name:
    Jay Ablett
    Thanks for the leads. I have two options right now but one is short term. The second puts my car a bit far from where I live (but it's very safe). So I hope others still post if they know of something in LA county near Pasadena.

9. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    Maybe you can rent part of a hangar at Van Nuys Airport?

DL

10. Throttleman

Sep 26, 2003
    Pasadena,CA
    Full Name:
    Jay Ablett
    That sounds smart. Maybe I should surf "Pilot Chat.com" LOL. Seriously it sounds like not a bad idea.

11. FastTalk

FastTalk Formula Junior

Aug 20, 2002
    Calabasas, CA
    Full Name:
    Adam Alexander
    There is a storage place on Canoga and Oxnard in Woodland Hills/Warner Center. They have Single garage size drive in storage units that are individualy alarmed and very secure. They are fine with cars being stored in there.

Adam

12. FastTalk

FastTalk Formula Junior

Aug 20, 2002
    Calabasas, CA
    Full Name:
    Adam Alexander
    FYI, hangars that you could fit 2-3 cars in run about $400 at Van Nuys and they are month to month. They are hard to come by but can be found if you want to do the leg work.

13. LA Swede

LA Swede Formula Junior

Dec 5, 2003
    SoCal
    Where is the place in the Marina?

14. PatrickShim

PatrickShim Formula 3

Jun 14, 2004
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Patrick Shim
  15. Throttleman

Sep 26, 2003
    Pasadena,CA
    Full Name:
    Jay Ablett
    A generous fellow F-chatter is renting me a parking space in his shrine to Ferrari at the moment, but has made it very clear that it is month to month so I need to have a backup plan. I would indeed be interested and will send you a PM. Thank you for the info.