Cars destroyed at Lime Rock event | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Cars destroyed at Lime Rock event

Discussion in 'New England' started by WILLIAM H, Jul 11, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. adeseta

adeseta Rookie

Feb 6, 2004
    Hello 360GT!

There are pics of the 07 at Lime Rock in the showroom part of the forum, about 17 posts from the top of the page, 100+ pics from Lime Rock by JPSIMON. BTW enjoyed watching you drive the 07 car Sat.
    Also I`m anxiously awaiting any photos of track action shots from the Lime Rock event. Need to see pics of the 250TDF, the Alfas etc.
    FastAutos: Hope you are going to post some more shots.

Tony

2. Buttuz4eva

Buttuz4eva F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Dec 14, 2003
    LONG ISLAND N.Y.
    Full Name:
    Challenge Farrelle
    i was eating lunch and you passed by the tables and cracked your throttle

i was in awe everyone put there hands over there ears and i just followed you with my video camera that thing sounds insane and i love it.

do you have custom headers on it how does it sound so crazy NGT exhaust?
    and straight pipes where is the back pressure? do you have a restricter on it?

any way simply amazing

3. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Ferrari has established a network of Certified Repair Centers for the 360.

Ferrari of Houston is one...they do magical things in there!

As Old Guy and Napolis suggest, it's pretty hard to "destroy" a Ferrari....you have to back up and really run at it.......:)

4. JC360

JC360 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 2, 2003
    NYC...and soon WC 2
    Full Name:
    Jon C.
    360gt,

your car is awesome!
    i was with brad eating lunch at the tables when you drove by.
    one mean sounding machine.
    please give details of your car.

thanks,
    jc

5. fastautos

fastautos Formula Junior

May 24, 2004
    Pasadena, CA
    Full Name:
    Drew Phillips
    I posted a link in the other thread

http://ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23860

6. ferrarifixer

ferrarifixer F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 22, 2003
    Melbourne
    Full Name:
    Phil Hughes
    I stand by my comments about not photographing crashed Ferraris'.

Put yourself in the sellers shoes......you know you did a perfect factory repair, have all the bills to prove it but the deal will still fall through when the buyer sees the photo's....fact.

I'm not saying cover it up...that would be fraud..I'm saying don't advertise the fact it's been crashed...that would be stupid if it were your own photo's and unfair restriction of trade if it were some else's photo's....

360GT...if your 07 car got hurt.....and a prospective team in another country were in negotiations to buy it, would you send them photo's....NO, I think not.

The point I'm trying to make is that the owner must have a fair chance to do the right thing....

It will be damn obvious if a sloppy repair is done, a factory approved method will be near un detectable and the structural integrity of the car will be retained......

7. cmparrenzo

cmparrenzo F1 Rookie

Mar 3, 2002
    Kansas
    Full Name:
    Chris Parr
    first time I ever saw your brake lights come on.....

8. TOM B

TOM B Formula 3

Jul 24, 2003
    Orange County, NY
    Full Name:
    Thomas Buckley
    I'm assuming that all this carnage occured at the "Challenge" race ? That silver TR ran in the Historic race? What kind of times did you turn? And the 360 Challenge cars?
    Lime Rock is an easy track to learn but a VERY DIFFICULT TRACK TO DO WELL.
    It used to be my favorite track, but now that i'm older (but not necessarily wiser) I prefer Watkins Glen. The Glen gives you time between turns to mentally breathe. Racing at Lime Rock is like a 45 minute nervous breakdown. You're always doing something and at only 1.4 miles, you're always in traffic.

9. Old Guy

Old Guy Formula Junior
    Honorary

Dec 1, 2003
    No longer here
    There had been a couple of silver TRs in the Shell Historics at Mont-Tremblant, a 250 TR and 500 TRC, but none racing at Lime Rock.

10. Ricambi America

Ricambi America F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Owner

Phil -

I understand your perspective. However, in my state (North Carolina) and I presume the entire United States, it is illegal to sell a car with known damage in excess of 25% of the vehicle value without disclosure to the buyer.

But I'll be honest, even if my 348 were a trash heap before I bought it, I'm not sure I'd care too much. I love the car and recognize the inherent risks of buying anything used -- let alone a Ferrari which is designed to be driven hard.

Can Martin or Sean Harris chime in on this one?

-Daniel

11. TOM B

TOM B Formula 3

Jul 24, 2003
    Orange County, NY
    Full Name:
    Thomas Buckley
    William H said in the beginning of this thread that the picture showed him and his silver TR on No Name Straight at LRP during the Ferrari Challenge weedend. Since it's not a 360 and thus could not run in the Challenge race, I assume he ran in the Historic race. Or am I confused ?

12. TOM B

TOM B Formula 3

Jul 24, 2003
    Orange County, NY
    Full Name:
    Thomas Buckley
    The high price of Ferrari body parts, be they new or used, can make even a low speed fender bender appear to be catastrophic, on paper. Also, hitting 25% of the value in body repair is all to easy to achieve.

13. Old Guy

Old Guy Formula Junior
    Honorary

Dec 1, 2003
    No longer here
    No, I probably am. ("TR" to me is an old car; I didn't think of the newer ones.) Willliam's TR is too new, and not a race car, so not eligible for the Shell Historics. I believe he ran in the customer track sessions (Touring and Sports groups).

14. TOM B

TOM B Formula 3

Jul 24, 2003
    Orange County, NY
    Full Name:
    Thomas Buckley
    I didn't realize they ran Touring Groups during race weekends.

15. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER

16. Driven1413

Driven1413 Formula Junior

Aug 14, 2004
    South Shore, MA
    Full Name:
    Alex
    #41 Driven1413, Aug 15, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  17. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
    Ouestion if 4 out of 5 360's crashed is there a problem with the car or the type of driver, I notice in the same conditions Wlliam did not crash his tr. I saw a 360 challenge race at indy a yaer ago with the exception of two cars the driving was crap. The carnage at that race was almost comic.

Yes race cars in real races crash, but they are usualy being driven real hard. What percentage of cars crash in real races as opposed to say the challenge series, or historic racing.

18. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    One has to remember that the Ferrari Challenge series is aimed completely at 'very' amature drivers to have a bit of fun ... not real racing drivers.

Usually a couple of serious professional guys have a go (as a stepping stone or for the money) and they make the rest look silly ... the majority are rich guys getting off by racing a Ferrari. Good on them I say, but just like the equivalent Porsche series, you don't watch these races expecting quality.

Pete