CHP 1199 Plate Frame | FerrariChat

CHP 1199 Plate Frame

Discussion in 'California & Nevada (Northern)' started by tzucc, Jul 14, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tzucc

tzucc Formula Junior

Jun 3, 2003
    So I am interesting in joining, but my Dino plate frame seems to be different than the modern car. My Dino plate frame has four fine machine threaded screws in perhaps different locations than the CHP1199 frame.

Does one of you 99'ers remember how the screws look like on the frame or how I might be able to fit one on my Dino?

thx

2. 4i2fly

4i2fly Formula 3

Apr 16, 2004
    SF, Bay Area
    It is like any other license plate bracket. There are two notches inside at the bottom where the plate fits and two screw holes on top. Does your Dino have holes that line up with the plate holes? Then it should work. You also get a card that you could show to the officer. Cost of the plate holder is $50, cost of getting a card, alot more!

3. tzucc

tzucc Formula Junior

Jun 3, 2003
    My Dino body has four holes for the license plate frame/holder. The holes are small and sized for these fine threaded machine screws of the frame/holder.

I wonder if my existing holes are compatible. If not, I suppose drilling isn't the worst thing in the world.

4. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    Worse case scenario: high strength double sided foam tape. Can be easily removed from the paint w/o ruining it (googone - NOT GOOFOFF).

--Dan

5. tzucc

tzucc Formula Junior

Jun 3, 2003
    that's another good idea. Well, OK, I am going to send the app in.

6. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    I may have some lying around. Stuff is available anywhere (I thinkt he Home Depot on Hamilton is closest to you?). you may have to tape the plate to the frame, and then the frame to the car with a little backing tape in the middle of the plate if you can make it fit flush.

not exactly pretty, but it'll work.

--Dan