Martha Gets 5 Months !!! | FerrariChat

Martha Gets 5 Months !!!

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by DrStranglove, Jul 16, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DrStranglove

DrStranglove FChat Assassin
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Google Maps
    Full Name:
    DrS
  2. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    DAMN,
    you're quick ;)

3. JimSchad

JimSchad Guest

I had a post under Politics/Religion...guess I should have put it here.

Don't forget the 5 months house arrest...now which house?

4. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    WTF???!!! Only 5 months? Some people take vacations for that long. So much for a fair & just legal system. I’m sure she will enjoy her stay a country club style prison or her happy home. TOTAL B.S.

5. Ricambi America

Ricambi America F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Owner

John -

You've got time to sit around and watch Marth go to jail, but you can't make it to Bermuda Run this weekend?? :-(

6. Dr C

Dr C Formula Junior

Dec 1, 2002
    Kansas City
    Full Name:
    Ed
    If Martha gets 5 months and the system is fair, then Ken Lay better get his will and trust together because he's going to be executed.

Anyone really think that Martha's the only one to ever trade with insider information? Some of my best trades were on the basis of pretty good information. Guess that the new crime is answering questions under oath.

So, for anything important, call your attorney and clam up. And, hope that you don't ever encounter Kenneth Star cause he'll throw your tail in jail if you don't answer him.

7. JSinNOLA

JSinNOLA F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Some jackass interviewed CNBC said this was unjust because she has already lost hundreds of millions of dollars. No ****, but when you consider the amount of money she lost her shareholders she deserves every bit of it.

Imagine if I stole something from you, and then said that I should not face tough penalties because I had already suffered public humiliation and financial loss to me. Ridiculous.

Her words at her brief statement just now: "I am sorry that a small personal matter has been all blown out of proportion with such venom, such gore"

PAHLEEZE!

8. JSinNOLA

JSinNOLA F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2002
    Denver, CO
    By the way, her stock is UP over 30% as of this moment today. Which equates to her PERSONAL take to around $90million directly in Martha's pocket!

9. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    She really means, "I'm sorry I got caught....." LOL!

10. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    How is imclone trading today? That's the rich part of the whole thing, if they finally develope something......

11. imperial83

imperial83 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

May 14, 2004
    She is going to appeal this. Then she is going to claim that she already has suffered public humiliation and financial loss. So they are going to reduce her jail time and other sentence. Then she will spend her time in the "jail" / club house built near the beach / correctional facilit for women. There she will spend her time teaching other women important skills to become self sufficient. This will lead to her being released from "jail" ahead of time. She will then come back, as she says In a statement after today's hearing, Stewart pledged "I'll be back."

Pointless Sharade!

12. DrStranglove

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Google Maps
    Full Name:
    DrS

Naaa, I would rather have been a the BR to be sure. But I am stuck in Raleigh till tonight and just think driving to Blowing Rock to get the 348, to turn around and drive to WS, to drive around WS, to drive back to Blowing Rock would make me want to shoot my car!!!

13. DrStranglove

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Google Maps
    Full Name:
    DrS
    #13 DrStranglove, Jul 16, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  14. DrStranglove

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Google Maps
    Full Name:
    DrS
    #14 DrStranglove, Jul 16, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  15. coolestkidever

coolestkidever F1 Veteran

Feb 28, 2004
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    HAHAHHAHAHAH i think i will save that one. Doesnt she go to a stupid minimum security prison though where they dont even have cells.

16. mondial85

mondial85 Karting

Sep 9, 2003
    Indianapolis
    Full Name:
    Casey Slattery
    I really feel bad for her. I used to know nothing about her, but in the last couple years i've been doing a lot of reading on her life, her empire and how she went from a small-time business owner to billionair all by herself. She really is a remarkable person and a hard worker.
    I think a lot of people are quick to say "what a bi*ch," but if she were a man people would be saying, "he's just being a good businessman and doing what he feels is best for his empire." Put yourself in her position, if someone with inside info called and told you to dump a stock; you would do it wouldnt you? Its just unfortunate that she got caught and felt like she had to lie about it. I hope she overcomes this and I wish her the best.

17. JSinNOLA

JSinNOLA F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2002
    Denver, CO
    [insert "John McEnroe Voice"] You can't be serious! [/McEnroe] What she did had nothing to do with her "empire". So I don't know where you got that. It is NOT unfortunate that she got caught.

Just because she is successful does not mean she is immune to the laws that everyone else must abide by. Also, given her stature, she should have been even MORE aware that her actions are always being watched. Tough lesson to learn, but everyone should be held to the same standard! (unless you are a diplomat;) lol)

18. Horsefly

Horsefly F1 Veteran

May 14, 2002
    The latest news reports are saying that Martha is not worried about her "slap on the wrist" sentence.
    She's more worried about being driven to jail by Ted Kennedy.

19. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    She should cross that bridge when she gets to it!

DL

20. robert biscan

robert biscan F1 Veteran

Jan 17, 2003
    Nashville and Palm b
    Full Name:
    robert s biscan

I'm with you. This is out of hand. There are a lot of people who did a lot worse. I don't even like her.

21. gabriel

gabriel Formula 3

OMG!

A death sentence!! She would rot next to Mary Jo!

5 months is the minimum sentence for her crime.

Perhaps we should pay her for being a criminal.

22. PeterS

PeterS Four Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2003
    Goodyear, AZ
    Full Name:
    PeterS
    How the hell can you feel sorry for some fata$$ pig b!tch like Marth who tanked 200 peoples jobs? She is discusting. I would not piss on the best part of her. I HAVE been in her position with stock information. I did not sell. I'm getting real sick and tired of the mega wealthy in this country getting off scott free. IMO, Martha is a PIG!

23. DrStranglove

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Google Maps
    Full Name:
    DrS
    OMG!!!!

That is TOO funny!!!

I am useing it!!!!!

24. PeterS

PeterS Four Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2003
    Goodyear, AZ
    Full Name:
    PeterS
    The would break the bridge!

25. mondial85

mondial85 Karting

Sep 9, 2003
    Indianapolis
    Full Name:
    Casey Slattery
    wow peters, calm down! Its not worth getting upset over. Besides, I dont think the fact that she is a "fat@ss" or "pig" really has anything to do with anything. All im saying is that anyone who has done some research on her knows that she is a really interesting and decent person. As I said, I think if the same thing happened to any man, like Donald Trump for example, people would be saying "come on, its not that important." Im not saying she shouldnt be punished, I just think its sad that this has been blown up so much just because its Martha.
    As for her shareholders and those who lost their job, I blame the media. This was a personal transaction she made that had nothing to do with her company. There was no reason why her business had to suffer so much except for the fact that the media made such an issue over it. How would any of you like it if your job/business was affected by whatever you did in your personal life. I think most of us would be out of a job.