355 Sound System Upgrade | FerrariChat

355 Sound System Upgrade

Discussion in '348/355' started by bpwright62, Jul 16, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bpwright62

bpwright62 Rookie

Jul 16, 2004
    Anyone successfully upgrade the stock CD sound system in a 98 355 F1? Particularly interested in bass enhancement. Looked around myself but possibilities didn't jump at me due to the tight spaces.

2. Ilya

Ilya Karting

Jul 14, 2004
    Socal
    Full Name:
    Ilya
    I am getting my 355 sometime within the next three weeks but I didnt hear the sound system :(. How good is the stock sound system that comes with the car?

Ilya

3. bpwright62

bpwright62 Rookie

Jul 16, 2004
    Of course when really showing off the car you WONT hear the sound system!! But...

the stock sound system in mine has good midrange and treble, decent channel separation, and easy to use and tailor to taste. The 6 CD changer mounted in the boot works VERY well, even at speed on less than smooth roads. My only real beef is bass response... essentially non-existent.

I probably wouldn't care if my background wasn't in high-performance audio/video.

4. Doug.

Doug. F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2004
    Las Vegas, NV
    The stock audio equipment sounds nice, not alot of bass, but plently of aftermarket companies make highly ugraded audio systems for almost all Ferrari models. Personally though, i believe the stock Bose system in my RX-8 sounds better (mainly because it has way more bass) than the 355. But when your driving a Ferrari, music isn't entirely neccessary!

5. Ilya

Ilya Karting

Jul 14, 2004
    Socal
    Full Name:
    Ilya
    Hey, there are always stoplight and when you have the top down... :D

Ilya

6. chaa

chaa F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2003
    In my 355 spider i have x2 Alpine 150w tweeters, x2 Infinity 150w tweeters, x2 Alpine 6 1/2in 200w mids,x2 JL 8in 350w subs in custum box,x4 Alpine crossovers, x2 Pheonix gold 800w amps,and a Pioneer head set with mp3 and 10 disk changer with wheel mounted remote. Even with the roof down at full pelt it sounds loud and awsome.The whole install is fitted in the best places for maximum affect, like tweeters fireing right at ya and the subs are in a custum made box on the rear shelf (loads of air space if you know what your doing). The JL subs are made to work in small sealed boxes and are 350w each, you do the mathes= Loud and cristal clear.Not all JL subs work in tight spaces only the ones designed to,they are twice the cost of a standard sub but worth it.The Pheonix gold amps are mounted behind the seat on the bulk head with out any fouling of the seats what so ever (measure it you'l see). The key to any instal in the 355 is a tape measure and speaker positioning and a little know how. And for all you moaning girls out there who want to listen to the sound of the bloody engine,you can just turn it of,hey how about that!!

7. jjustin

jjustin Karting

Jan 20, 2004
    East Anglia - UK
    Full Name:
    Justin.b
    C'mon Chaa - get your camera out and show us some pics :D

8. chaa

chaa F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2003
    Hi justin mate, you know i will. You will have PM this week dude, i promise.

9. jjustin

jjustin Karting

Jan 20, 2004
    East Anglia - UK
    Full Name:
    Justin.b
    I look forward to it, thanks :D

10. vincent355

vincent355 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 8, 2003
    Wine Country
    Full Name:
    Vincent
    How about this? No interference and very stealth.