Stradales at the PR Track (Video) | FerrariChat

Stradales at the PR Track (Video)

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by raygr, Jul 16, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. raygr

raygr Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    Seattle Area
    Full Name:
    Ray
    Hi all,

I just uploaded a video I recorded while tracking my Stradale behind Thomas_b in his Stradale at Pacific Raceway. It's about 2.5 laps and 50MB. My camera mount was vibrating a little, but the video is still decent. Watch as we dispatch several slower cars!

http://www.sourcedyn.com/cars/Video/due_Stradale.mpg

Okay, to keep me honest, there was a fast BMW MZ3 (highly modded) that was hanging with us, and I eventually pointed him by. He was a nice guy and loved watching the Ferraris.

-Ray

2. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    Nice,
    Thanks!

Dave

3. GWat

GWat Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    USA
    Very cool Ray, hope I can come out and play at the next track day.

4. mw575

mw575 F1 Rookie

May 30, 2001
    Lake Oswego,Or
    Full Name:
    Martin J Weiner,M.D.
    Enjoyed it-Thanks.

5. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    GREAT GWAD ALMIGHTY!!!!

Man, I can't wait. I have a CS with a September build date. Hopefully, that means that I'll get the car sometime in 2004.

Do you mind if I ask a question? At what point where you upshifting? It sure sounds like there is more to come. I realize that this is selfish of me, but I'd sure love to hear that momma scream.

Way to go guys! DrTax

6. Jdubbya

Jdubbya The $10 Trillion Man
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    Great video!!

7. raygr

raygr Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    Seattle Area
    Full Name:
    Ray
    The only place I was short shifting was just before turn 9, and turn 7. The exit of those turns are too scarey to upset the car with a shift. I was lifting a little before turn 1 (the fastest point on the track), and I think Thomas lifts there also. We both don't want to turn our cars into beer cans!

If you listen close, you can hear that the engine has a lower frequency tone from inside the cockpit. It's not a real screaming sound. It does sound better than any car I've ever driven hard, including on the track.

-Ray

8. thomas_b

thomas_b Formula Junior

Sep 15, 2003
    a 1:44:19 not to bad but we did better when Gary taped last time - yes the BMW was fast in 3a/b - don't think he can go down to 1:40 - amazingly the Z 06 really turn 1:38's as one of the guys claimed at teh 22nd trackday! now there is a challenge

it was fun driving the CS in the rain although I am not sure if it was sane with my tires gone as they are – up shift under power would get the car completely sideways - what a car

9. thomas_b

thomas_b Formula Junior

Sep 15, 2003
    yes

short shift before 9 since you would run out of RPM just after the apex

lift before 1 since you really want to have the car under power in that turn - you have to destroy the speed before turn 2 anyhow - doesn't improve your time; ~ 140mph is enough anyhow

lift before 7 to not get the car airborne in 7

anything else redline

being behind a CS at the exit of 3b when the bypass valve opens under full throttle is amazing