Long Islanders: Where do you service your Ferrari? | FerrariChat

Long Islanders: Where do you service your Ferrari?

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by 348SStb, Jul 15, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 348SStb

348SStb F1 Rookie
    Owner

Just taking a little poll. Long Islanders: where do you service your Ferrari?

2. W00dEar

W00dEar F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 24, 2004
    LI, NY
    Full Name:
    Chris
    looks like everyone is going to CC now one after another, lol.

3. 348SStb

348SStb F1 Rookie
    Owner

CC? Don't know what that means.

4. W00dEar

W00dEar F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 24, 2004
    LI, NY
    Full Name:
    Chris
  5. Merdav

Merdav Formula Junior

Apr 11, 2004
    For brunt work, alignment, exhaust or anything non engine or electrical Ferrari specific, the guys at RPM Racing in Huntington are really good. Otherwise I would go to FofLI in Glen Cove, why are so many people opting for CC?

6. 550

550 Rookie

Sep 19, 2003
    My 550 is going to FofLI on the 26th. for 30,000mi. major. I was quoted $5500. I'll let everyone know how it goes.

7. Buttuz4eva

Buttuz4eva F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Dec 14, 2003
    LONG ISLAND N.Y.
    Full Name:
    Challenge Farrelle
    My personal mechanic great guy used to work at Ferrari of New England does all the services exhaust test pipes belts the works right now my car is at FOLI for a warenty problem if you want my guy will do a service much cheeper of a price then the dealer or CC. Let me know he will come to your house and pick up the car and drop it off as well very quick no bullshiit put in my exhaust and testpipes in 3 hours he took the car 5pm back by 8:30pm
    i recomend him to anyone.

I think the reason for everyone going to Classsic Coach is that they have a very wide range of cars there and they work on all the challenge cars but after what they displayed a few weeks ago about tardyness and false promisses i will not be going there. Sorry guys

8. sjmst

sjmst F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 31, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Sam
    F of LI mostly because of free pick up and delivery. Usually do a decent job.

9. Prugna 328

Prugna 328 Formula 3

Sep 10, 2003
    L.I.N.Y.
    Full Name:
    Gregory
    European in Huntington. Right near the BMW motorcycle dealer on NY Ave. See Mike.

10. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    Remarkably reasonable Frank.

When are you going to join us for a run?

11. Black355

Black355 F1 Veteran

Feb 3, 2004
    Full Name:
    Emil
  12. 550

550 Rookie

Sep 19, 2003
    Anytime you run out east.

13. 993 guy

993 guy F1 Rookie

May 21, 2004
    Bergen County NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric D
    Will you be joining us in Sagaponak on the 31st then? Hope you can make it...

14. tuttebenne

tuttebenne F1 Rookie

Mar 26, 2003
    Bay Shore, NY
    Full Name:
    Andy
    Berlinetta Motorcars in Huntington. They have experience with the earliest cars as well as the latest Ferraris and their quality standard is second to none. Doug Pirrone is the owner and they do everything from routine mechanical through fabrication and race prep as well as body repair and Pebble Beach quality paintwork.

Andy

15. Black355

Black355 F1 Veteran

Feb 3, 2004
    Full Name:
    Emil
    Doug's a great guy -- took me for a ride in a worked 328 once. Amazing workmanship. BUT! I thought he was not working much anymore and that he was selling the biz.

Was that just an evil rumour?

16. 550

550 Rookie

Sep 19, 2003
    Is that in July?

17. udalmia

udalmia Guest

on the topic of mechanics, there's "Auto Elite" run by Vinnie Latino a stone's throw away from my house (LITERALLY), I've heard he's very good.. right before the GWB

18. HUTCH91TR

HUTCH91TR F1 Rookie

Nov 7, 2003
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Hutch
    I'm in Milford, CT and I use Autosport Designs in Huntington Station, LI. It is a bit of a hike, but I've used them for years on my 308 (sold that through them), bought my TR through them, and just serviced my TR with them this past winter. Tom Papadopoulos and Barry Wagner will continue to get my business.
    WWW.AUTOSPORTDESIGNS.COM

19. tuttebenne

tuttebenne F1 Rookie

Mar 26, 2003
    Bay Shore, NY
    Full Name:
    Andy
    That's an interesting comment. I can't say I know either way. His shop is busy with restos and service work and he has been in his new location for a little over a year now. But if he is peddling the business I wouldn't know.

20. sagaponack

sagaponack Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Rob
    I use Westhampton Coachworks in Westhampton, NY. They serviced my 348 Spider for 5 years. Expensive but good and local to East Enders.

Best,

Rob

www.bridgemc.com

21. cmbb328

cmbb328 Rookie

Nov 3, 2003
    New York
    Full Name:
    Craig Balaban
    I have dealt with Doug for many years. He is in Huntington, and quite active. I have received excellent service, good advice, and fair prices.

22. DodgeViper01

DodgeViper01 F1 Veteran

Oct 1, 2003
    I would suggest Classic Coach as well. They do great work from what I have seen and the guys there are very friendly as well as professional.

23. notoboy

notoboy F1 Rookie

Jul 8, 2003
    NYC
    Full Name:
    David
    Classic Coach seems very good, but I'm still using Auto Sport Designs. If nothing else, if you're on LI, CC is VERY far away. Can't say one shop is better than the other as far as work is concerned, bc they both do great work, but am almost positive that CC is less per hour ($75/hr).

One thing to consider though is that CC is an authorized Ferrari service shop, and that always helps when you might be able to get things comped under warranty.

David

24. Black355

Black355 F1 Veteran

Feb 3, 2004
    Full Name:
    Emil
    if anyone wants my petty, BS Autosport story PM me... i'll not air petty grievances on this board. Again.