Psycho Scotsman Busted for Road Rage in his Ferrari | FerrariChat

Psycho Scotsman Busted for Road Rage in his Ferrari

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by ryalex, Jul 17, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
  2. richard_wallace

richard_wallace Formula 3

Feb 6, 2004
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Full Name:
    Richard Wallace
    Really this goes to prove - don't mess with us Scottish whom drive F-cars :)

We are all just crazed individuals waiting to be provoked!

Richard William Wallace :)

3. Aureus

Aureus Formula 3

Now that is road-rage. And the punishment certainly seems adequate. I mean what exactly causes someone to do something THAT stupid. What is running through their mind that that is the proper response?

4. Fan512bbi

Fan512bbi Two Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2004
    Wales-UK
    Full Name:
    Steve.
    Sounds strange vw golf catching and overtaking a Ferrari, Ferrari driver driving into the vw and i presume damaging the Ferrari in the process, was it really a case of vw driver being jealous of Ferrari driver?

5. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Anyone know what kind of a Ferrari and/or the serial number...?

6. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    Yeah, this story seems a bit suspect. I mean, if they were RACING for FIFTY MILES, 1) how di dthe golf catch up, 2) why hasn't the MB been identified, 3) why would the f-car owner bash into the vw?

Sounds pretty hokey to me... my guess is it went somethign hte other way around, and the poor guy who did well for hmiself is now being persecuted.

--Dan

7. Cavallino Motors

Cavallino Motors F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

May 31, 2001
    Florida or Argentina
    Full Name:
    Martin W.
    proves there is a-holes driven all sorts of cars.

8. andrewg

andrewg F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Sep 10, 2002
    Chester, England
    Full Name:
    AndrewG
    1. the Ferrari and the Merc slowed down (say the golf was doing 100mph and the Ferrari 120-130 then slowed down to the 70 mph limit)
    2. the people in the Golf took note of the Ferrari's number as it was in front of them
    3. because he's nuts and owns a body shop.

if it was the other way then why did the F-car owner lie about where he was ?

9. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    Andrew,

I'm not saying he's totally scot free (har har), but it's conceivable that there is more to the story than we know. I mean, the guy could be an absolute lunatic, but 50 miles is a lot, for ANYONE. And I'm sure the golf was really the sane, law abiding model citizen here too...

--Dan

10. JaguarXJ6

JaguarXJ6 F1 Veteran

Feb 12, 2003
    Black Hawk, CO
    Full Name:
    Sunny
    This guy is a total villian! Boxing in that poor Jetta was such a heinous act and totally reheprensible.

I'm sure none of us have ever intentionally blocked anyone in.

We call it putting someone in the "trick bag." Your damn right I have. I've coordinated with 18-wheelers to do it to cars who are driving dangerously. That's the best. I've seen highway patrol do it too.

You don't decide on a whim to "F" with someone and box them in for 50 miles with a stranger in a luxo barge and your in an exotic car.

Don't you think the Jetta driver was a LITTLE culpable?

If your too stupid to slow down (Jetta driver) or you intentionally provoke a couple of higher horsepower cars with a 4-banger by "buzzing the tower", he had it coming.

The only person truly enraged by this was likely the Jetta driver!

*makes the sign of the V*

Sunny

11. Aureus

Aureus Formula 3

Lets say jetta boy did rev his engine at the Ferrari or the Benz. So what? Boxing someone in is just being nothing more than a dumbass. You take a situation that ends itself (the guy goes past) and you prolong it and potentialy make the situation dangerous. So yes, you and your 18-wheeler friends were being nothing more than dumbasses by blocking anyone in and your license should be yanked.

Also, no one deserves having their car rammed for revving at someone. Go ahead and let the guy rev at you and simply ignore them. If someone is not capable of that, their license should be pulled instantly and they should be black-listed from all driving events in the country.

And exactly why should the Jetta slow down? If the two cars are going slower then he his, and he's just cruising along, there is absolutely no reason why he shouldn't simply pass. In fact the Ferrari or the Benz should get out of his way. It is not your power that dictates if you should move, its how fast you are going. That happens to be why when I was on the autobahn in a little ol V70 station wagon and we would be coming up behind say a Porsche, and they would happily duck into the slow-lane so we could pass.

And yes, I do think the Jetta could be somewhat at fault, but there is never any excuse for blocking someone in.

12. vinrey

vinrey Rookie

Nov 23, 2003
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Vincent
    Just goes to show you, if you drive an F car, you're more likely to be remembered. They can't even identify or care to track the M car driver. (just kidding, I like both marques) I hope they find and punish the M car driver as well for his stupidity or at least save him from harming himself and others the next time.

safe driving,

vince