Ferrari 512 drawing | FerrariChat

Ferrari 512 drawing

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Lukas, Jul 15, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Lukas

Lukas Formula Junior

Dec 28, 2003
    Santa Barbara
    Full Name:
    Lukas A. Niklasson
    loved drawing this car for a customer here on this board. The lines of it is like no other! heres the result...95%done

pm me if you want me to draw yours.

2. jonesn

jonesn Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    STL-MO
    Full Name:
    Evan "Trouble" Jones
    very nice :)

only flaw is the front wheel being slightly bent up

3. Lukas

Lukas Formula Junior

Dec 28, 2003
    Santa Barbara
    Full Name:
    Lukas A. Niklasson
    thanks, i think it looks better in real life, i had to take a pic of the drawing( dont have a scanner) so it always looks a bit strange on computers.

4. GTE

GTE F1 World Champ

Jun 24, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Marnix
    You truly know how to play with the light-effects. What do you use? Just pencil?

There is something to be said for some details in the overall shape, but like you said, thats probably down to the pic being a photo, not the actual drawing.

I suspect with al the PM´s you´ll be getting, you´ll be able to buy your very own Ferrari soon.

PS.
    Do you do colour?

5. Lukas

Lukas Formula Junior

Dec 28, 2003
    Santa Barbara
    Full Name:
    Lukas A. Niklasson
    hehe yup buy my very own ferrari wouldnt be to bad...but then i probably need to draw abit more and higher the prices lol.
    nah well im not used to draw alot with color, i will probably start do it later on but at the moment i wouldnt wanna sell any of that since i fell the quality isnt there yet, but ill gladly do your car in pencil :)

6. ETW

ETW Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    MA
    #6 ETW, Jul 15, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Lukas, I love your style and how you render the cars, and how you draw backgrounds which I never do. The only problem is the front wheel as mentioned before which was probably just from the camera.
    Here is an Enzo I drew a few weeks back. I can never great a good photo of my pictures either, but this is the best I could get
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

7. GTE

GTE F1 World Champ

Jun 24, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Marnix
    Nice!

Just add a little more contrast round the frontwheel.

8. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    You guys are truly talented. I have trouble drawing stick figures....

--Dan

9. Doug.

Doug. F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2004
    Las Vegas, NV
    To both of you, very good drawings. I to draw Ferrari's and other exotics, i cant figure out how to post them though because i dont have a scanner either. Hmmm...i better get to work on it!

10. MZRacer360

MZRacer360 Rookie

Jun 8, 2004
    Topeka, Ks
    Full Name:
    Derek H.
    Those are sweet pics! I can't draw angled pictures of cars yet, but i can draw sides and fronts. Hopefully I soon will be able to draw like you two.

11. Lukas

Lukas Formula Junior

Dec 28, 2003
    Santa Barbara
    Full Name:
    Lukas A. Niklasson
    hey etw that enzo looks wonderfull! great eye you seem to have for the proportions! its perfect, how long did it take for you?

thanks for the comments guys! always nice to read what the ferrari experts say! ;)

12. ETW

ETW Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    MA
    Thanks everyone.
    Lukas, it took me a few hours each day for around a week. It looks much more detailed and darker in person. I made sure it looked really good because Im giving it to an actual Enzo owner

13. Lukas

Lukas Formula Junior

Dec 28, 2003
    Santa Barbara
    Full Name:
    Lukas A. Niklasson
    thats great man...hey dont you think its so hard to get the drawing look as good when you take a pic of it?

14. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    That's some real talent right there...

15. Lukas

Lukas Formula Junior

Dec 28, 2003
    Santa Barbara
    Full Name:
    Lukas A. Niklasson
    thanks buddy ;) you draw cars too?

16. Fan512bbi

Fan512bbi Two Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2004
    Wales-UK
    Full Name:
    Steve.
    Lukas that is a brilliant drawing of the best Ferrari ever created, when 100% finished let me know, i would love a copy for myself.

17. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Never in a million years... i occasionally try my hand at people but it comes nowhere close to the level of difficulty that drawing cars is on... and don't ever let anyone tell you different... College grant applications, calculus and drawing cars are the three hardest things in the world... and i think i could deal with the first two... You have some seriously solid talent... i hope you're in an art school or do something professionally, related to art...

18. judge4re

judge4re F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2003
    Never home
    Full Name:
    Dr. Dumb Ass
    Lukas:

Do you take requests?

19. ETW

ETW Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    MA
    Yeah, the basic outline is the hardest, but after that figuring out where to shade is easier.

NNO- You should atleast TRY to draw one. I saw the portrait you did of Mr. Ferrari and it looked excellent

20. murph7355

murph7355 Formula 3

Nov 30, 2002
    SE England Yorkie
    Full Name:
    Andy
    Very good Lukas.

If I were to be very critical, I'd say the background lets it down (the car iis truly superb.

I'd probably have been inclined to leave the background pure white with just shading under the car.

Great picture though.

21. ETW

ETW Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    MA
    IMO, the background shouldnt be as good as the car since the main focus is the car

22. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Being that i've taken many an NNO picture and erased EVERYTHING save the background, i think the background on this works... The whole picture looks realistic given the background... The car is not cartoonish or unrealistic, but it's in a very unusual background; that's the first thing that brings out the car... The second is the the difference in textures - the car being metal and glass and plastic and the mountains being igneous metamorphic and sedimentary :) ... Anyway, Lukas did such a good job in showing the difference between the texture of the car and texture of the background with his shading that the picture looks like a carbon copy rendering of an actual photo... Very impressive...

ETW, i HAVE tried to draw cars... LOL... Many times... The last two i tried to draw were an NNO and 0808 - Jim Spiro's 1960's 330 TRI/LM... No dice... Oh, and i've tried to draw a car in the background of a picture of Enzo, himself, but to no avail... i literally couldn't draw a car to save my life... :)

23. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    ...of course, the BIGGER problem Lukas could run into is if an NNO decides to pull up next to the car he's rendered... :)

24. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    ...ok, ok, maybe the color of the NNO next to the black and white Boxer is unfair - the NNO has the obvious advantage just because it's an NNO...! :D So let's take away the color and make it fair... :)