Yorkshire/Humberside Days out | FerrariChat

Yorkshire/Humberside Days out

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Aber, Jul 18, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Aber

Aber Rookie

Jul 18, 2004
    Hull
    Full Name:
    Jaime Kedgley
    Hi All,

Just found F-chat accidentally whilst searching for a Maserati!

Feeling a bit lonely over in Hull and wondered if there were any other F-chatters over this way who fancied a meet/day out while the sun is still shinning. Had my 348 for about just under 3 years but it seems to spend more time being washed and waxed than being driven, since I'm always going somewhere I don't feel comfortable leaving it or its raining :) (hence the thinking of changing to a Maser..).

Anyone recommend any good roads that aren't full of traffic or speed (sorry safety) camera vans, this side of Wales or the Scottish Border??

2. stevep

stevep F1 Veteran

Jan 19, 2004
    Geordie Land
    Full Name:
    steve
    northumberlands good but noone seems to wanna play up this way

3. steve f

steve f F1 World Champ

Mar 15, 2004
    12cylinder town
    Full Name:
    steve
    we are all going to oulton park on 28 july if you look on thread north west ride out there is some one from hull going and we can meet at jct 34 on m62 is your car lhd

4. F308 MAN

F308 MAN F1 Rookie

Jan 19, 2004
    Isle of Man
    Full Name:
    Dave S
    northumberland is great steve.....i once suggested, on here, a ride via penrith, alton top, and up to your neck o' the woods .... but it seems they'd rather go kick tyres in the local park !
    regards from alcatraz

5. steve f

steve f F1 World Champ

Mar 15, 2004
    12cylinder town
    Full Name:
    steve
    i will go any where lots say they are going till it happens then they dont turn up f308granpa

6. GavC

GavC Formula Junior

May 9, 2004
    Lincolnshire, Englan
    Full Name:
    Gavin Culshaw
    Cross the Humber bridge there are some good roads in North Lincs and around Cadwell Park. I am a biker as well and have taken my 308 around some of the good twisty bits which is enjoyable. You must get up early as less traffic on roads. At present only using bike the car is having a top end rebuild. Some of the best bends are around a place called Bucknall nr Horncastle its a bikers favorite but can get the car working hard around these and keeping within the law (just).

7. kenyon

kenyon F1 Rookie

Oct 7, 2002
    East Yorkshire
    Full Name:
    Justin Kenyon
    Hey, Guys, I Live is Sunny Scunny over the Bridge.

We all must meet up sometime. Are you guys interested in attending a sportcar show in Brigg town centre on August 8th. Tiff Neddle and Jeremy Clarkson will be there.

A few of my friends are bring a Countach, TVRS and Lotuses.......

8. burriana

burriana Formula 3

Jul 8, 2004
    North Yorkshire UK
    Full Name:
    AL
    Morning Jamie,

I currently have a TVR and am hoping to change over to Ferrari once I have completed an Alps run at the end of September.

We certainly have no shortage of runs out, ranging from organised days and overnighters to last minute country pub runs. We are always more than happy to see other performance marques join us and since I have mentioned changing to Ferrari, everyone has said, yeah, go for it!

The common factor that has brought us lot all together is Pistonheads.com - it has quite an active Ferrari section, but also check out the Yorkshire section.

It's not a TVR thing, it's not a Ferrari thing, it's just a great car thing :D

al.

9. Aber

Aber Rookie

Jul 18, 2004
    Hull
    Full Name:
    Jaime Kedgley
    Hey Guys,

Yea sorry Stephen Northumberland is nice but just a bit too far, we could always get together on the moors sometime though!
    Steve was considering Oulton after I saw your other posting thanks, meeting M62 would have been good but unfortunatley I'm busy that day, maybe next time - yes mine's LHD.
    Gav yes been over the bridge a few times, it is nice over there haven't ventured as far as Bucknall but I'll give it a go sometime. Hey Kenyon (nice wheels!) Brigg sounds good, I'll put it in my diary and send you a mail closer to the date.
    Cheers Al, I was going to go for a TVR before the 348, still might do (great burble), I'll check out pistonheads when I get a minute, its always nice to other cool cars.

10. steve f

steve f F1 World Champ

Mar 15, 2004
    12cylinder town
    Full Name:
    steve
    jamie
    what did you think of the silver lotus esprit 350 you was looking at last weekend did you also look at the 355 in harrogate ??????????

11. Aber

Aber Rookie

Jul 18, 2004
    Hull
    Full Name:
    Jaime Kedgley
    Steve, have you been following me?? Ha ha now I'm intrigued how did you know I was checking out a Sport 350 at the weekend? You can't be the Steve from the garage because he said he lived in Sutton. Is it your Garage? Was S350 one of your cars?

No I didn't get to Harrogate, it was an M3 and a Masserati 4200 I was going to look at but the guy didn't ring me back. I was also going to go over to Cltheroe to look at a Noble as well, but just came home in the end and ended up sat in traffic on the York ringroad!

Really not sure about the 350, I did really like it, but before I tell you, you have to tell me how you knew I was looking!

12. steve f

steve f F1 World Champ

Mar 15, 2004
    12cylinder town
    Full Name:
    steve
    are you coming on the north west ride to oulton park on wednesday if so i will tell you there