My pics and stuff from Bermuda Run | FerrariChat

My pics and stuff from Bermuda Run

Discussion in 'North & South Carolina' started by RedlineG60, Jul 18, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. RedlineG60

RedlineG60 Formula 3

Dec 25, 2003
    Simpsonville, SC
    Full Name:
    Andy Thomason
    Wow, Daniel, Bob, everyone who planned it, thanks a ton!!!! I had a BLAST!!!!

First off, riding with Jeremy in the pimpin Benz, and Rick, Trevor, Trey, and Ryan in the M3's on the highway, we randomly spot 5 Ferraris getting onto the freeway! Well that got us excited.

The lunch and "show" was so awesome as well! Everyone was really nice and cool to talk to.

I ended up navigating for John, with the E46 M3, and we were behind the Countach half the time, then ahead for a lil while, then after we met up with Daniel, and the 328 and 360 at the rest area, we got in behind the 360 guy. And holy **** he was hauling ass!!!! Video should hopefully be good, got plenty of it. Kevin, I think you'll like the part where you take off ;). Anyways, on to pics, soon video I hope!

Enjoy the pics,

Andy

2. RedlineG60

RedlineG60 Formula 3

Dec 25, 2003
    Simpsonville, SC
    Full Name:
    Andy Thomason
    Well, I have more, but it looks like I don't have any more room under my attachments. Oh well for now, that should be sufficient considering my 56k will never load this page again haha.

- Andy

3. Ricambi America

Ricambi America F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Owner

Andy -

I'm a Rossa subscribed member and can post quite a few pictures. Email me whatever you've got, and I'll post 'em today.

(Did you guys hit any rain headed back west? Amazingly, we didn't have a single drop until about 7:30pm... and even then, it was barely a drizzle)

Best Regards,
    Daniel

4. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    Great cars and great pics, Andy! And it looks like you guys lucked out with the weather.

Unfortunately the Huntsville drive was called off due to inclement weather. Hopefully I'll make it there on a later occasion.

5. Ricambi America

Ricambi America F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Owner

#5 Ricambi America, Jul 18, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Jim -

To say it was "intense" is a major understatement. We had a Countach with about 90% of it's rear tires hanging off the cliffs, a 360 Modena (f1) being driven 10/10, a Testarossa that just ripped, my 348 which continues to run like a scalded dog, etc. etc. There was even a Dodge Omni that gots it's doors blown off somewhere south of the State Park. That poor fellow had no idea what hit him !

Wait for the rest of the pictures... it was great. In fact, the overcast sky was probably a blessing because it kept everybody cool, less road glare, etc.

Come on Andy... let's get 'dem pics.

People's Choice Award: 250
    Rally Winner: 355 F1

-Daniel
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

6. resnow

resnow Formula Junior

May 21, 2001
    North Carolina
    Full Name:
    Bob Snow
    As good as it sounds above, it was even better than that!

I'll have some of my photos up later this afternoon.

Bob Snow

7. resnow

resnow Formula Junior

May 21, 2001
    North Carolina
    Full Name:
    Bob Snow
    . . . and here they are.

8. rated///M

rated///M Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Trevor Ely
    Had a wonderful time meeting everyone, and seeing some spectactular cars.

Das German crew is still kickin ünselves for getting lost on the first few directions!

I'll have some pictures up from the get together asap.

9. S4tunate

S4tunate Rookie

Jul 18, 2004
    Trevor, we weren't lost, we were double checking the quality of work of the line painting team. Duh!

Thanks again to all organizers, participants, and whoever held the rain away.

Mark

10. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    Looks like you were a bit short of 328s--maybe I should have headed for a different "'ville"!

But I guess I would have run into rain on my way back, so perhaps it's best I stayed close to home. I did make a couple of kids at Marietta Square happy by letting them sit in my F-car while their dad took their picture......

11. L8Braker

L8Braker Formula 3

Nov 10, 2003
    Asheville NC
    Full Name:
    Jeremy Stafford
    Yeah we weren't lost......we were just working on the language barrier of the painting crew.

Aside from missing one turn.......the rally was awesome, we had a great time. Sorry I was so late, but I had to let those BMW's behind me keep up. aaaaaaaahhhh hahaha

Next time it will be in Asheville.....

12. 360 Spyder

360 Spyder Formula Junior

Feb 7, 2004
    Near the Cows....
    Full Name:
    Rob
    I am kicking myself in the ()() for missing Saturday, and especially for WHY I missed it.
    Seems I got a little drunk Friday night and somehow may have pulled a tendon in my finger. I can't even bend it right now and it hurts likes a son-of-a-.... Driving was out of the question as I could not even hold the steering wheel. I was also pretty dang tired as we were up until like 6 Saturday morning.

Next time though...next time.

13. RedlineG60

RedlineG60 Formula 3

Dec 25, 2003
    Simpsonville, SC
    Full Name:
    Andy Thomason
  14. DrStranglove

DrStranglove FChat Assassin
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Google Maps
    Full Name:
    DrS
    Sorry I missed it....

:(

15. L8Braker

L8Braker Formula 3

Nov 10, 2003
    Asheville NC
    Full Name:
    Jeremy Stafford
    Yeah what is wrong with you??? You should have came out!! It was fun for sure, and everyone had a good time. You didn't let the threat of rain keep you away did ya? *8^p

16. superX

superX Karting

Nov 2, 2003
    Cary, NC
    Full Name:
    Dennis Briddell
    Thanks Daniel (and all) for organizing a great event. I had an absolute blast. John (M3) and I wished we could have stayed for a cold beer, but had to get back to Raleigh. And, excellent choice of roads!
    Dennis

17. 308nut

308nut Formula 3
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 22, 2002
    NOLA/Covington
    Full Name:
    Wade
    Had a great time on Sat. and thanks for the warm welcome. Am looking forward to hosting a few events in the western part of the state. As soon as I get settled in will have something exciting to participate in. Thanks to all you guys and Bob it was a pleasure meeting your and looking forward to working with you on future events.

Wade

Now in Charlotte.

www.fortunemotors.com