Buying a 2000 360 F1. Warranty expring very soon. Need some help and advice! | FerrariChat

Buying a 2000 360 F1. Warranty expring very soon. Need some help and advice!

Discussion in '360/430' started by 360LVR, Jul 18, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 360LVR

360LVR Karting

Jul 18, 2004
    Hi There-
    I am a newbie. I am looking at purchasing a 2000 360 F1 (2200 miles).It is about to go out of warranty and that makes me skeptical in case I buy it and something goes wrong right away.

Is there any bugs or known problems with this year? Anything I should look at fixing or getting checked out before the warranty expires.

Also, does anyone know of a company that you can purchase an extended warranty from?

I think I once heard that the F1 program changed in later years. Can mine get upgraded?
    Thanks.

2. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    Ferrari now offers extended warrenties.

3. 360LVR

360LVR Karting

Jul 18, 2004
    If I am purchasing the car through a private seller, can I still purchase the extended warranty?

Any idea on cost or what dealer has the best prices?
    Thanks for the idea!

4. 911Fan

911Fan Formula 3

Apr 15, 2004
    Southern California
    You're looking at a 50 mile a month garage queen, and an F1 at that. A warranty would be a great idea.

Unfortunately, I think you have to purchase from a dealer to qualify for the warranty. Even then, it has to pass muster and it might cost you thousands just to get it to qualify. Plus thousands a year for the warranty.

There's lots of stuff on this site about garage queens, F1s, extended warranty, etc. You can take advantage of this by doing the appropriate searches. It'll be time well spent...